Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond Antares

124»

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]392 Posts: 9
    edited February 25 #92
    lwg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    cool design, I really like it
  • floodcasso2floodcasso2259 Posts: 124Member
    This thread has some truly awesome designs. Shame they didn't have you on staff for "Enterprise" We would have gotten much better ships out of that show then. haha
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Yeah, definitely a thread full of Trekkie goodness. I just took a quick look through and you've got a lot of great models. Awesome stuff. I like that aquashuttle you're working on. :)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Great shuttle design. Some nice ones at the trekbbs too that you might want to look at.
    edited February 25 #97
    lwg
    I don't think the one from TAS was warp capable. It pretty much just flew from the ship to the water and back up. But I could also be wrong about that.

Yours is definitely cool. :)
    edited February 25 #99
    lwg
    There are different types of nacelles, so having nacelles doesn't necessarily mean it's warp capable. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Nacelle
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Evil,

You are correct that not all nacelles are warp nacelles, but these clearly are. They may only give the shuttle the ability to reach Warp 2, but that's fast enough to make in system travel not suck.
  • True Evil, and Dave only it's a mute point. Been reading up on the TAS shuttle. It only appeared in one episode, never went to warp and was destroyed in that episode. Though one could say that it appears to have the same nacelle as the Copernicus shuttle, and that ship is confirmed as warp capable. Still we may never know for sure. My shuttle however is warp 2 capable if your interested in knowing.
    Yeah, that was the one where Kirk and Spock were turned into fish. Good stuff. ;) They had a 2nd water vehicle in that episode, but I don't think it was a shuttle, it looked more like a Starfleet speedboat.
    edited February 25 #104
    lwg
    Nice work on the shuttle. It's hard to say on the phasers, I can't see those that well, but the torpedoes look good to me. :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    A fine collection of TOS goodness if I ever saw one. Well done.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Great impulse placements. Love the wide phaser stance.
    edited February 25 #108
    lwg
    Hey, I've spent YEARS in the TOS-era, there's nothing wrong with being "stuck" there. ;) With only 1 "canon" Starfleet ship design and 1 "canon" Starfleet shuttle design, there's so much free space in which to operate. :)

Nice work, I actually like that. It looks like something that would ferry an Ambassador or other high-ranking official around.
  • Thanks evil. Not bashing the era, but i have a backlog of ships from other era's including a TMP Klingon ship that i would like to get back to. The Schooner being a starliner would most likely be the perfect transport for ambassadors. Being much more opulent and spacious than your standard Starfleet vessel.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    I do like to much of her!
  • Thanks Starship, think this will be my next upload. Seeing that there are no objections to the grid.
    Addition: uploaded to the trek section and awaiting approval.
    edited February 25 #113
    lwg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Really dig that Defiant.
    Welcome back Carter!
    I do like the Defiant too, bu I would like to see her with the DescenderA’s naceles. :)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like the Defiant a lot, looks a bit like a little brother for the Detroyat.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    edited February 25 #117
    lwg
    Looks good, how I was thinking. :) Maybe it can be a variant? :D
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    These are all very nice!