Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond Antares

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]392 Posts: 9
    edited February 25 #32
    lwg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited February 25 #33
    lwg
    edited February 25 #34
    lwg
    edited February 25 #35
    lwg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    nice to see a TOS courier :D Was surprised to see the name of the class since a while ago I made also a ENT era Mercury Class. That being said it is totally different design wise. ;) And you have a nice fleet by now any change of a naval display (size comparison?)
  • Thanks Flanker. Interesting Mercury class you have, though i cannot say I'm fond of the ENT era.
    Currently the only size comparisons i have are at the end of page 2. I think i have about 8 more ships to build before i expand with group shots.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I love the front view of the Surya.
    edited February 25 #39
    lwg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    If you don't mind my suggestion, try putting the hermes style nacelle support pylons on Surya, and you have good a great Miranda right there. Your take on the Surya's hull might look even sleeker with the Hermes engine treatment.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Mercury and Hermes surelly looks interesting. What do you think abou to place a pod over the Hermes, like the one that you can see over the canon Shutterland? :)
  • Thanks publiusr and Starship. The one problem i have with the Hermes is that it looks sort of like a proto-Miranda. I don't really want to go in that direction until the TOS versions are built, besides, not really sure what a pre-TOS pod would look like technology-wise. The Miranda from the Tos era will undoubtedly have the look of the Surya with the updated pylons, similar to that of the Hermes.
    edited February 25 #43
    lwg
    edited February 25 #44
    lwg
    edited February 25 #45
    lwg
    Except cause the windows (assuming it is) over the reas sphere, looks good. I suggest you to decrease the windows size and make them not so regullary distributed over the sphere. You can add grids over the sphere too.

Anyway, I liked to much of her. ;)
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    I have always felt that the MASSIVE gap between ENT and TOS needed filling, and you've done quite well. Good show.
  • Thank you Ironscythe i always thought that that era would have been the most exciting to live in. The expansion of knowledge and the federation would have been more than interesting to have participated in. Starship yes i had thought of adding a grid or hull plate to the sphere: i just have not been able to get it to look right. I will try something different with the windows to see what happens. But the passengers should have an exceptional view.
    edited February 25 #49
    lwg
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Only have one grip... is it really that hard to rap you image links in [IMG ][/IMG]?
    edited February 25 #51
    lwg
    HOOOOLLYYY CRAP that's a lot of ships. With regards to the two asymmetrical ships, the Tesla is interesting, but the Gopher is just kinda ugly. It reminds me too much of the Brenton-class from the old RPG, with its double-wide saucer. I also don't see how the nacelle and deflector pairing on top works (can't see what's on the bottom, but regardless it's rather wonky). The stacked double-saucer ships are also hard to get used to, as is the "Prototype" ship with its 5 nacelles.

I do like how you're willing to experiment with the "kit" you've made, but some of it is a bit of a stretch. I would also like to see some ventral views if possible.
    edited February 25 #53
    lwg
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful fleet you have here and some really interesting designs.
    edited February 25 #55
    lwg
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    An awesome collection of ships sir and some very lovely and new designs and ideas. This should account for the whole of starfleet for about a 100 year period though, so you're going to have to move into the next (or previous) era now... surely... :D
    Surelly youA’re doing a good work!
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Why haven't you ported these into Bridge Commander yet?
    Could we have a larger, higher res version of those profile shots? They look great but I wish I could see more detail.
  • Dannage: Yes, after a few more designs i will be working on the TOS era ships.
    Starship: Thanks friend, working on a few updates but Satyr is the only completed update so far.
    LockeFP: Do not know much about Bridge Commander, but i think the file size is too large for that purpose. However I'm hoping my 3ds version of the Siva along with others will be available soon in the downloads section.
    Ironscythe: The nature of the file size means: more ships = less detail. I can post the separate set of comparison charts though.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    What's the highest poly count on one of those?