Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeyond Antares

[Deleted User][Deleted User]392 Posts: 9
edited February 25 in Work in Progress #1
no longer
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Good interpretation !
    I like it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]392 Posts: 9
    edited February 25 #3
    none
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow those all look really good ! :thumb: I checked out your photobucket album and I must say that you have some of the most original ships that I have seen lately. Great job on all of them !
  • rms8_347rms8_347333 Posts: 48Member
    WOW INDEED !

All of your designs have a VERY natural look to them. Very Starfleet and very believable. Please go to Newegg and get yourself another HDD for CHEAP and post up some hi-res renders of these awesome designs!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 25 #6
    lwo
    ItA’s an inspiring work my friend!
    About my "lost era" ship, IA’m still trying to find a freetime that allow me to came back and finish her. :D After to surf a bit with Google, believe that IA’ve found the Odonata: http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/patrolfrigate_odonata.jpg. Is about her youA’re talking about? Never seeen her before, but yes, she has a few things that makes to remember my ship. ;)
    Keep posting updates my friend!
    edited February 25 #8
    lwg
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    ugh link posts are so annouyin
    I believe your Pica (http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p115/LtCarterScn/Starship2/49Pica.jpg) was inspired in a collaborative wip between me and Atolm, which Thomas give the first cgi life and named as Pisces class, IA’m right? :) Yours is a good interpretation too.
  • That's right Starship. The last time i saw the Pisces was when it went through many different incarnations as line artwork. The Pica is the small fleet command cruiser: the next evolution for this design will be a sector command cruiser. It will be in my next generation of starships TOS-Post-TOS.
    83868.jpg
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive work and good to see new TOS designs... a whole fleet of them :D
    edited February 25 #13
    lwg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    I like your ships, especially the NX-01 Enterprise.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    edited February 25 #15
    lwg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I like your treatment/spacing of impulse housings.
  • blackmambablackmamba0 Posts: 0Member
    good looking ships, i like the designes
    edited February 25 #18
    lwg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Nice torpedo set up on the Ranger--full secondary hull on her too.
    edited February 25 #20
    lwg
  • Bell'OrsoBell'Orso331 Posts: 93Member
    I've seen the Sarda both as a physical model kitbashed from Constitution class parts (I think that's how it originated.), intended as a starship tug (the nacelle pylons had a curve to them that I think matched the curve of a Conny's saucer perfectly) as well as a set of simple orthographic line drawings that were later colored by a guy called Vance. He had a site called Jaynz.info, but it's currently down.

Anyway, I do love your rendition of it and all the other TOS ships, but I must say I loved your take on post-TMP designs even more.
    edited February 25 #22
    lwg
    Right, haven't been to TrekBBS in a while. I did, however, manage to get a colored version of the schematic off his site some time before it went down. I can send it your way, if you don't have it already, even include the pictures of the physical model that someone over at StarshipModeler did. Now if only I could remember who that was and what came first: physical model or schematic?
  • Managed to find the colored schematic but not the physical model. Would appreciate the images of that.
    PM sent.
  • carlgcarlg1 Posts: 0Member
    Some very nice work on this thread!

You probably know about this already but just in case, this page has some superb illustrations of the Antares. Just thought it might be helpful. :)
    edited February 25 #27
    lwg
    This is going to sound like a silly question, but is there any difference between the Surya and the Miranda class before the TMP-style refit? Just curious. :)
  • Actually in the original images there were only minor changes to the nacelle struts and greeble. The Miranda, Surya, Coventry among others were essentially just minor reconfigurations. This will change with my series of ships as the Miranda and Coventry will be larger vessels. And from the TOS-Post TOS era.
    edited February 25 #30
    lwg
    Looks good, but I'm not a fan of the nacelle stripes or the font for the registry. The tapered stripes and the legit TOS-style font would definately kick your models up a notch. :)

If you need it, here's a link to a free version of the TOS hull font.

http://www.fontspace.com/charles-casimiro-design/airborne