Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMKVI Fighter

kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Been working on this recently, still have to work on the wings and the twin engine cowling a bit more then on to details like the cockpit and thrusters then its on to paint
85311.png
Post edited by kaden on

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow this looks really good ! I remember the 2D wip from somewhere around here and I must tell you it looks even cooler in 3D. The panels are just darked polys or actual intrusions ? It's hard to tell due to the compression ...
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    the cockpit lines are all modelled eventually all the lines will be modeled in with only the paint job and decals being textures, and probly cockpit stuff too

im doing a few more renders to try fix up the softness of the lines
    heres some other renders

edit: and one more before sleep
    83550.png83551.png83555.png
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    VIII, maybe, but VI? No. This craft is way too angled for that. The II was pretty bulbuous and the VII was streamlined when compared to the II, this fighter does not fill the gap between the two designs as, IMHO, this is a progression from the VII instead of an evolution between II and VII. I think that this would be the result of industrializing the Stealthviper...

Let me make clear that I like the concept 100%; just not it's place in the timeline as you have just stated... Can you place it against a model of the II and VII for scale? That'd be awesome...
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Man, this looks really great!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Cool bird Kaden!
    I belive the upper "wing" could be a litlle more tall, just it. ;)
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    could we get an orthographic shot of this beauty
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start, keep to post...
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    i like the tall fuselage, and that constant angle over the entire front section reminds me of this old fighter model i made http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=779&title=bloodhound&cat=all
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It woudn't take much to convert that into a Raptor to go with this Viper. The recumbant seat makes sense, like the recumbant bikes we saw in Popular Science years back..
    almost finished the modelling
    83840.png
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I love the way the triangular shape translates across all the different views. It gives the ship an aggressive, always-moving-forward feel. My only nitpick is the upper fin. It looks like it's just been stuck on as an afterthought. It's not integrated into the overall design. If this were a "real" space-fighter I'd say that would be a very weak structural point, an area that would fail if stress was applied to it. I suggest blending it in more with the strut leading to it so it appears stronger.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Well I think the fin is only looking strange from this angle ... Overall it turned out really great - the panels are flawless :thumb:
    little update on this
    85213.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    I really like this viper can't wait to see it finished
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    nice work bro!
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool design! Love the shape and lines, it has real tension in the form.
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the shape and the model looks great, but there's something about the hull panel lines that keeps distracting me. It's almost like the hull is too busy and pulls my attention away from the overall design to the detailing in the panels. I think the hull panels could stand to be a bit more subtle, with the lines spaced farther apart so there aren't as many panels overall.

In the end, it could just be a personal preference, since I tend to like the MK II Viper with it cleaner hull more then the MK VII with the intricate hull panel scheme.
  • floodcasso2floodcasso2259 Posts: 124Member
    This just might be my favorite viper design. It has the lines of the older mk v model without being as swoopy and silly looking as the viper mk vii
    Jimi James wrote: »
    I really like the shape and the model looks great, but there's something about the hull panel lines that keeps distracting me. It's almost like the hull is too busy and pulls my attention away from the overall design to the detailing in the panels. I think the hull panels could stand to be a bit more subtle, with the lines spaced farther apart so there aren't as many panels overall.

In the end, it could just be a personal preference, since I tend to like the MK II Viper with it cleaner hull more then the MK VII with the intricate hull panel scheme.

that will probly be because of the colours that are on it at the moment combines with radiosity and ambient occlusion, when i do the textures the lines will probly lighten up, they are only 5mm deep and wide so shouldnt be to bad (apart from the reverse thruster hatch and landing gear hatches thsoe are a bit bigger)

but thats pretty much the outer hull, still needs a cockpit and a bit more on the engines then finally onto textures
    did some of the cockpit and threw on some random texture to see how it would look
    85311.png
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    What have you got going on inside those engine exhaust cones? I really like the exterior detailing, and I'm wondering if the *ahem* drapes match the carpet, so to speak?
    like this?

want to do something similar to the mk2 vipers engines where the blue polygons are
    85315.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    looking good there kaden
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Ain't it amazing what a little red striping will do? You put them on and BAM! you suddenly have a Colonial Viper. The latest round of pics look good. It's all coming together quite nicely.