Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThunderbird 2 (re-imagined )

• ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    There are a few other rooms off the connecting corridor and another deck between the cargo area and the top hatch, but whether I get around to modeling those is another matter. I'm suddenly realising that there's supposed to be a fusion reactor in there somewhere. I knew I forgot something! I could just handwave some space issues, even in Firefly they didn't quite match the interior and exterior of the ship.
    I'm wondering how the hell I missed this! Thinking of dropping him an email and saying "hey, Gerry, got some designs for you to look at!" http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jan/12/thunderbirds-new-series
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    One of the comments proposed an intriguing idea:

"Thomas the Zero-emission fuel-cell locomotive and the Buff Controller."
    Don't get me started on the comments...
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Seriously. If I was you, I would send my images to Mr Anderson. Even if they don't use them it could be a nice way to get any from a job, to at feedback on what they think of them.
    I'd certainly consider it. But as it stands now, this is just me doing my ideas and my own thing. It really belongs to Gerry Anderson and even if it was just a "hey, look at this, could you give me feedback?" it would feel like taking too much from him, well, maybe it's al little difficult to explain but it somehow seems a little presumptuous. I just want to keep it as a bit of a fun side project that's shared with some like-minded graphics nerds (which I mean entirely as a compliment) and not escalate it even a tiny amount above that. Maybe my mind will change if I become happier with it.
    I can understand that. I also don't mind being described as a graphics nerd.;)
    Not too much, but working on the interior, specifically the often used grabs:

TB2_bay_5.jpg

TB2_bay_6.jpg
    Hmmm, That works.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I love the interor you have done with this.
    Couldn't really be bothered with a new thread as it would mean messing with thumbnails and making introductions to the project and all that crap I can't be arsed with. So here's a new render of TB1.

thunderbird_1_by_armondikov-d5hkgfo.jpg
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    love the update of tb1 brings back so many memorys of days of old
    Also, a quick video, but heavily compressed right now. I'm going to work it up further in AE.
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    Neat pic and animation - the end of the shot would work better if the ship really zipped away at higher speed when the engines flare up like that... or perhaps pulsed and faded as it zips off, just my 2p
    I know, but as my computer is currently one great big adulterated f**k-up at the moment, I'm kinda pushing it getting even just a few seconds of video out of it at that sort of quality. And I originally set it up only for the still image, so a lot of things that I should have done differently to make an animation weren't done. And so it was sort of bodged together.

BUT, extending it into a better scene is on the cards. Especially as I'm really pleased with how that one came out in the end. The compression I put on the YouTube version takes a lot out of it, though. A couple of tweaks here and there, and I think I'll be onto something!
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann629 Posts: 1,285Member
    Neat neat neat.

The Destiny thread has some Tilt Shift images of the ship, that would be so perfect for a few pics of this project.
    I can make a few low-DoF images, I just need to crank the effect up because the thing is so big!
    Not much of a modelling update, but another view.

TB1_HD_2.jpg
    TB1 is looking sweet!
    I need to work on this shot, it's just a quick thing throwing stuff together.

TB1_24.jpg
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    Its a great shot interms of lighting, maybe do something with that exhaust though, its kindofa big white blob... you want some central heat/white with something more transparent and detailed around it perhaps, just make it more visually interesting, maybe try looking at pictures of shock diamonds http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/propulsion/q0224.shtml - even the huge amounts of power generated by the SR71's afterburning engines are not over exposing the film.

perhaps also take another look at the composition, both elements occupy roughly the same amount of frame, would be more dynamic if we were closer to one so its taking up more of the frame than the other element.
    I'll take a look at adding shock diamonds. Now I know the name, I can do the research!
    Short animation that I'm putting together. Sound effects are very temporary and some of the TB2 stuff particularly is a bit ropey, but it's getting there.
    Just a rough cut of an intro combining (almost) everything I have so far.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Awesomesauce!
    Now I'm wondering about taking this to the next level and knocking up a fan film...
    This is really sweet.
    It has been a while since I updated this, unfortunately now I'll never be able to ask Gerry Anderson for an opinion. :(

This is a work in progress still from an animation. Based on a stock image of London (with projection mapping) with CG elements and Thunderbird 1. Still a long way to go, especially in blending everything together.

278534_905921121874_1689133790_o.jpg
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Yup, that'd be awesome. If you need help on populating your world with stuff, let me know. I might be able to whip something for you up ^__^
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on the animations Chris ! ... and good to see a Thunderbird related Thread here ! .... Loved the original series, and have a soft spot for the original Thunderbird designs, especially Thunderbird 2, .. so not really a big fan of re-designs, ... but interested to see where you take this ....

Very sad news about Gerry ... his shows were excellent, ... and will always be remembered as one of the Icons of SciFi entertainment ...

Keep it up mate ...

Jas