Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCruiser "Lone Wolf"

Gog3t3kGog3t3k0 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi !

In this thread I want to show you my current project - Cruiser "Lone Wolf".
Still untextured, beacuse I don't have cool hi-res texture, and I simply can't do them ;(

So, here's the pics:
lonewolf10.th.jpg
lonewolf9.th.jpg
I know - there's much to do ;)

Too boxy, don't you think ?
82430.jpg
Post edited by Gog3t3k on
Tagged:

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771259 PNWPosts: 756Member
    I have the sudden urge to play Tetris for some reason.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • Gog3t3kGog3t3k0 Posts: 0Member
    Is it good or bad ?
  • omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    I have the sudden urge to play Tetris for some reason.

LMAO! classic ;)
    Gog3t3k wrote: »
    Is it good or bad ?

To me, it's a bit difficult to get a sense of scale with your model. You're using the same paneling on all of your parts with the same patchwork on your turrets that you do on the rest of the hull. Also I think your panel lines are a bit too thick, or spaced apart, or...something.

Also it looks like a bunch of bricks from Tetris game as a base pattern. Overall I feel it's used quite a bit too much. For a suggestion, I've highlighted some areas you might want to alter.

http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/lonewolf9.jpg
    http://sites.google.com/site/lizzy777/lonewolf10.jpg

I see a lot of potential in this design! I'm sure you could pull out a great ship out of this with a bit more thought towards detail.
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    I think, that Gog3t3k is making cruiser from BSG universe, am I right? In that case you can get scale from size of turrets on it. In other way, I shut up and make it look like I never told anything :D
  • Gog3t3kGog3t3k0 Posts: 0Member
    I think, that Gog3t3k is making cruiser from BSG universe, am I right? In that case you can get scale from size of turrets on it. In other way, I shut up and make it look like I never told anything Click here to enlarge

I like Battlestar Galactica (I mean love), and I'm transfering some things from battlestars to my model, but no, it's not a BSG cruiser. The shape is too different from ships we know from series. It belongs to my own universe ;)
    I see a lot of potential in this design! I'm sure you could pull out a great ship out of this with a bit more thought towards detail.

Thanks !
    To me, it's a bit difficult to get a sense of scale with your model. You're using the same paneling on all of your parts with the same patchwork on your turrets that you do on the rest of the hull. Also I think your panel lines are a bit too thick, or spaced apart, or...something.

Also it looks like a bunch of bricks from Tetris game as a base pattern. Overall I feel it's used quite a bit too much. For a suggestion, I've highlighted some areas you might want to alter.

You're right, but what do you mean by "alter" ? Delete it and do some pipes, lights and other greebles ?
    Gog3t3k wrote: »
    You're right, but what do you mean by "alter" ? Delete it and do some pipes, lights and other greebles ?

Those are some good ideas. But I wouldn't just slap on a bunch of needless details either. Try to make them look like they have a purpose if you go in that direction.

You could also think about what's inside of your ship. Then think of how stuff gets there. Access panels, cargo bays, docking hatches, etc. Plus structural ideals. Here's a list of questions to ponder for your design.
    • How was the ship built?
    • Who Built it?
    • Does it have an internal structure that might be somehow visible from the outside? Like ribs and/or a centerline support beam/keel for example.
    • Is it a modular design that can come apart?
    • If so, how do they attach and reattach?
    • Does it have a command bridge?
    • If so is it deeply internal (center of the ship) or more pronounced (seen from outside)?
    • How about sensors and communications equipment? What about windows?
    • It's a cruiser, does it have any secondary and tertiary weapons? Missile launchers, point defense wepons, capital ship weapons, etc.

With that kind of information, you can develop more than just a visual look. You can even develop a back story to your vessel.