Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalGryphon mk. II

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
One of my original BSG designs. I first conceived of this design about three years ago when stuck with the fuselage of a 1:72 Revell snaptite Apache. I converted it into a Raptor-like aircarft, and named it the Gryphon Mk.I. The mk.II Gryphon was the result of combining parts from a 2010 Camaro, the fuselage of a 1:32 scale Testor's screw together AH-64 Apache, a No parking sign, and some model rocket tubing. It's currently a work in progress, as I'm still deciding on how to the engines.

The Gryphon is a heavy ground attack/ fighter spacecraft that, like the Viper, was in service with both the Colonial Navy and Air Force prior to the fall of the twelve colonies. The Gryphon can carry a wide range of ordinance for attacking either heavily fortified ground targets or heavily armored targets in space, like its cousin the Raptor. Unlike the Raptor, it's designed solely as a heavy gunship. The mk.I's, signified by their long nose-mounted refueling probe and Yoyodyne Propulsion-built engines, were used by the Navy. Glactica still had a squadron of Gryphons on board up until 20 years prior to it's decomissioning. The Air Force kept their Gryphons much longer, right up until the fall of the 12 colonies. One of the popular tales from the first Cylon war held that one of these craft took down an entire baseship thanks to a lucky shot ot the fuel reserves. Several also participated in a valiant, but an overall inneffective, final charge against the Cylons during fall.

Gryphon.jpg
FILE0221.jpg
FILE0220.jpg
FILE0219.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

• mtblilliemtblillie171 Posts: 0Member
    Dude, that is awsome!
  • backsteptbackstept2023 Posts: 919Member
    what parts were from the camaro and no parking sign?

awesome shippy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    backstept wrote: »
    what parts were from the camaro and no parking sign?

awesome shippy :D

I used the no parking sign to make the wings, the tail pieces, the thing connecting the engine mount and some of the weapon hardpoints. I used some engine bits from a 1:24 scale Camaro to detail the engine mount.
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    It's like an Apache helicopter and the A-10 Warthog made sweet, sweet, love and gave birth to awesome. Nice.