Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D"Lost era" interceptor

StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I started this thread over Scifi3D, but decided to post it here too.

ItA’s an interceptor with the aproximated size between the Reliant and the Phobos.

First, the old version.
82308.jpg
82309.jpg
82310.jpg
Post edited by Starship on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    And now, the updated version. Naceles and main hull were redone, and was increased a little. cause this, youA’ll notice that the greebles, nacele supports and other things are unaligned. IA’ll work on that now.

The first version had the main deflector in the saucerA’s belly, and this new one has the sensor at the saucerA’s front (at least for now). IA’m debatting to move or not move it to the buble under the secondary hull and post two torpedo lauchers at the saucerA’s front.
    82311.jpg82312.jpg82313.jpg82314.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm, looks a bit like th Intrepid from Ent.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Sweet! Would love to see this one as one of the ships featured in future chapters of tnpir's "Spectre" CG feature.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    This is really cool. I like ships from this era, and this is a pretty good start on an interesting one. Is that a shuttle bay door in the back of the box on top of the secondary hull? Cause there's not much room in that long, relatively skinny box for a shuttle bay. Maybe switch the bay doors with the aft torp launcher? I like the idea of the torp launchers in the saucer, and the sensor nook in the bubble on the bottom... that sounds pretty sharp.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    nice starship..... starship.. he he :)

always love this era!
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Neat. Lots of potential there. :D
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Maybe a through-deck shuttle/workbee/inspection pod access from one edge of the saucer to the other, running starboard to port or vice versa? Or, perhaps a solitary embedded "Captain's Yacht" / all-purpose runabout in the dorsal spine of the ship?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Such a thing already exists , no need.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ... Is that a shuttle bay door in the back of the box on top of the secondary hull? Cause there's not much room in that long, relatively skinny box for a shuttle bay. Maybe switch the bay doors with the aft torp launcher? I like the idea of the torp launchers in the saucer, and the sensor nook in the bubble on the bottom... that sounds pretty sharp.
    Thank you!
    Yes, that shuttle bay is a problem still to be addressed. :D IA’m thinking to enlarge the structure on top, or use the sides of the saucer... letA’s see. ;)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The folks over at www.federationreference.com might want to take a look at this.