Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dalt universe phoniex class starship

2»

• FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    jeffabby wrote: »
    added some weathering and adjusted lights slightly
    Looking different and with that I mean good. Its a bit too much weathering to my liking but that is a matter of taste ;) It might be because of what the ship has gone through anyway. Do like the layout of the windows as well.
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    some of the windows are too big I created a layered shader using noise and luminosity in maya so I would not have to map the lights the weathering is diffusion so I might be able to reduce and randomize the weathering a bit I mostly automapped the hull in sections I am trying to utulize shaders and textures to help avoid UV mapping but it of course does not look as good as well mapped models any tips and tricks are welcome.
    the theory behind the drive system is a quantum mechanics based cross dimensional seam basically the rear turbines rotate opposite one another creating a a seam which the ship slides through in reverse meaning it pulls the ship into it and then pushes the ship out again at a different spacial location similiar to how it worked in Dune. traveling in the space between the space. weapons would be similiar energy based weapons but I will have to give it more thought.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    What did you use to make the model?
    maya for modeling and texturing.
    added tag on shipside and grill for primary energy source
    92986.jpeg92987.jpeg92988.jpeg
    diffusion for weathering a seperate layer in the shader
    redoing the disc portion too much protruding stuff. going with a more streamlined look
    94893.jpeg94894.jpeg94895.jpeg94896.jpeg