Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dalt universe phoniex class starship

jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
edited April 2012 in Work in Progress #1
this ship is an experimental design, here are some updated pics, credit panel texture to trekmeshes.com
92918.jpg
92905.jpg
92852.jpeg
92853.jpeg
Post edited by jeffabby on
Tagged:

• jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    feel free to comment
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Maybe scale down the underside of it. So it would look better with the top half. Would work well as a Jump ship. No FTL drive, but uses lower half to power Jumps between the mid point of two stars, as a long range propulsion thingy. Lol, a manmade wormhole opener
    it is suppose to travel through wormholes i think i will reduce the size of the twin drive though
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    You could cut it in half and have the organic section a starleet ship in its own right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    using a darker metallic material for the aft jump turbine (with some internal glowy bits)
    using a white starfleet scheme or multicolor Foss style for the front
    here are the updates starting on the windows and emblem designs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    now it looks scary... ; )

"Not that there's Anything wrong with that..."
    lol currently reworking detail and windows
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    The lighting makes it look completely different. Good job.
    thanks man hope to get more done
    automapping the detail i am not sure how to photoshop the texture and details any good tutorials for this
    updated design and lighting
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    I'd suggest that you show new shots in a separate post. Updating the post pic is good, but having a progression of shots would be easier to follow for someone just coming to the thread, as I am. Going to the last post, and then realizing that I have to go back and sift through the thread to find the latest, only to find that the latest is on the first page is a bit annoying.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    images are not loading.
    sorry man i put new pics on the first page not sure how to put them elsewhere
    sorry man here are the new pics
    85293.jpg85239.jpg85238.jpg85237.jpg
    does anyone know of any good sites for greebling ships
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Well the images are dark with overlit lights and it's hard to see everything but your ship doesn't seem like a good model to put greebles on. It would be better to smoothen it all up and work with textures. As for greebling, just google it up. I don't use any kind of it but from what I can guess, smooth surfaces aren't very friendly to that.
    updated saucer section and detailing
    92918.jpg92904.jpg92905.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Which universe? Is it Star Trek or what? It's interesting, that's for sure.
    suppose to be a concept craft for star trek or a alternate universe other time and place craft wanted something that looked trek but also looked different
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    had evil read one of the other posts he'd have noticed you mentioned starfleet textures for the front end hehe

looks strange but kinda fitting for alt universe any ideas what kinda stats it'll have etc i'm interested in hearing about alt weapon systems for this one :D
    I like that it's different than what we normally see on Star Trek. It's got a very organic look to it. :)
    metalsnake wrote: »
    had evil read one of the other posts he'd have noticed you mentioned starfleet textures for the front end hehe

Actually, I did see that. However, it was somebody else who mentioned Starfleet textures, not Jeff Abby. He never mentioned Star Trek or Starfleet in any of his posts prior to me asking.
    I will have to think about specs and size as well as weapons does anyone have any good ref sites for specs I am trying to focus on texturing and modeling but I have always loved the models on here I see with spec and size graphs as well as story detail. the more detail both in the model and the back story the more real the feel so great advice all around. I am probaly going to stick with the smooth hull for the most part but want to add some greebles to give it detail size and scope I actually totally redid the saucer section in a few hours the original had almost no detail. I do know its cheating to just throw alt universe out so I dont have to follow any of the Trek standards but I am excited to really give it a go and try for something original. I really respect those that create original designs but follow the Trek standards but I am not to that level of quality yet.
    If you're looking for size specs, check out Bernd Schneider's site: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/

He tries to scale stuff as accurately as he can. You might even find some stuff on there about the weapons. He's got a lot of articles about this and that, I forget what all is on there.
    cool its ironic my last name is Schneider
    some textured test renders.
    92904.jpg92905.jpg
    I'll be those shapes were fun to UV map. ;)

The windows look great, but the hull textures on the saucer don't quite look like they're properly mapped.
    added some weathering and adjusted lights slightly
    92918.jpg
    That looks really good. :)