Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Ships Of The Starfleet Museum

XFozzbouteXFozzboute479 Posts: 1,564Member
edited October 2017 in Work in Progress #1
So I was sitting here thinking IA’m close to finishing off a few ships. Maybe I should start a new one. Something simple. So I thought about http://www.starfleet-museum.org/ IA’ve built a few ships from here in the past but lost them to a HD crash. IA’ve decided to start from the beginning and make Little Nell again.
I donA’t plan on doing exact copies of the ships. ItA’s my hope to build most if not all the ships from the museum.
1052.jpg
Here is a close up of one of the airlocks.
1051.jpg
This is the aft end of Little Nell.
1049.jpg
112389.jpg
Post edited by XFozzboute on
2808.jpg 416.7K
Tagged:

• LegionLegion0 Posts: 0Member
    Can't wait to see where this is going. :) I love these old ships.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Cool stuff as always. It's nice to see someone tackle some different designs from time to time :thumb:
  • J.WildeJ.Wilde0 Posts: 0Member
    You've got your work cut out for you here, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you can produce. I'm a big fan of the Museum.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute479 Posts: 1,564Member
    UPDATE...
    I consider the build on this thing done. Not bad for two days work. Now on to the textures.
    I finished off the reaction control system. Detailed the forward spikes and added some blue glowy bits. Made the grid lines. Expected them to take longer than they did. I also added the impulse engines.I wasn't sure about the shuttle bays. One picture shows only one but the cutaway shows two so I went with two.
    10521.jpg
    Added detail to the aft spike and some blue glowy stuff just like up front.
    1053.jpg
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak0 Posts: 11Member
    I love the museum, it is outrageous work there. When I see your first attempts, I am looking forward to see more! :)
  • baxartbaxart0 Posts: 0Member
    Great stuff!!
    Love Masao's site & looking forward to Sahara & Avenger Class as well as Penguin and Puffin fighters.
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    I've done textures for the left side,the front and bottom of the ship.I still have to do textures for the airlocks and shuttle bays. I have to do the right side,the top and back of the ship and the impulse engines. Also those spikes and I'm done.
    1054.jpg
    1055.jpg
    1056.jpg
    10572.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    It actually reminds me of a candy that had one sweet (coloured) and one bitter (black I have no idea what the heck was that but it was bad as hell) side :D Great job with the texturing so far ! :thumb:
  • HelotHelot0 Posts: 0Member
    As always - good stuff!
    Thank you.
  • publiusrpubliusr227 Posts: 1,175Member
    Masao's Valley Forge to me looks even better than the Connie herself.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job there Fuzzy.
    UPDATE...
    Impulse engines are finished and I think this ship is now done.
    1058.jpg
    1059.jpg
    I've included a look at Little Nell 2 being blocked in.
    1060.jpg
    1061.jpg
  • captain_millscaptain_mills171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm impressed... Keep it up!
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive texturing job on Masao's designs. I see you are planning to work on the Earth Coalition first. Are you also planning on working out Romulan designs?
    Thank you.
    The plan is to start from the top and work my way down so I will eventually get to the Romulan and Klingon ships.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Thank you.
    The plan is to start from the top and work my way down so I will eventually get to the Romulan and Klingon ships.

Silly person. Don't you know that you're supposed to start in the middle? :rolleyes:
    Oh so that's what I've been doing wrong all this time.:D
    UPDATE...
    Back at the museum to work on Little Nell 2.
    1087.jpg
    1088.jpg
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Love the site, when I'm lost on inspiration for Star Trek ships, I always head there to get an idea. they just seem to have so much more of a logical progressional linage than TNG on did.
  • Elokim-SupremeElokim-Supreme0 Posts: 0Member
    amazing work!!!
    b.t.w - this is the first time I encounter the "starfleet museum". this site reminded me why I love star trek. the depth and richness that this series has is just unbelievble.
  • publiusrpubliusr227 Posts: 1,175Member
    Iconic to the last. Grand design and execution.
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    The build on this ship is done and now it's time to start on the textures. I finished the impulse engines and added the grid lines
    1089.jpg
    I've installed the RCS thrusters and the airlocks.
    1090.jpg
    Here I added two shuttle bays. Again like Little Nell 1 I wasn't sure how many shuttle bays this ship had because one picture showed one and another showed two. So I went with two. I also had to move them so they wouldn't be in the way of the impulse engines.
    1091.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Started on the textures for the front of the ship. All these renders were done with Mental Ray.
    I did the last picture just for fun.
    1092.jpg
    1094.jpg
    1095.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Just about done with the textures on the Little Nell 2.
    1132.jpg
    1133.jpg
  • FreakFreak455 Posts: 3,462Member
    Very Cool Textuer work, But then when is your not?
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute, I love your texturing work. What software program are you using to do your hull textures? Also, are you hard-modeling the paneling lines before texturing, or are you using bump maps? Thankx man and keep up the good work!
    I use photoshop to do my textures and All the panel lines are modeled, I don't bump maps.
    Thanks.
    UPDATE...
    Since I finished the two Nells I thought IA’d get started on the Amarillo. Still deciding if I should include the missile launchers or not. Not really sure how to go about it.
    1135.jpg
    1134.jpg
  • StarshipStarship228 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,749Member
    Fozz, youA’re building better and better meshes, and the textures are simply perfect I must say! You need to write a few tuts and made them available to the padawans my friend. ;)