Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DWIP [PS]- UNOSEV-D2 "Voyager"

LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guysA…god i haven't been here in ages. Surprised that my nick's not alrady been erased from the databaseA…w00t!

Anway, haven't been doing much scifi related stuff lately but, as you might have guessed, getting back to my roots here. After production of some short films, i finally found time to paint some stuff again. So, here we go: Description (not corrected!)

"UNOSEV-D2 (UNITED NATIONS OPERATIONS SPACE EXPLORATION VESSEL - DEEP) "Voyager", roughly 4 kilometers in length and proppelled by 14 Martin-G2 interstellar engines was launched early 2092 for a 40 years interstellar journey to explore the coalitions nieghboring solar systems. On a mission to seek out for new worlds to colonize and possible alien life in space, Voyager was manned with 230 military personel, 1200 civilians and over a dozen different kinds of animal species. Equipped with 3 terraforming devices and several fighters as well as civilian transports the ship left coalition space territory in late 2094. After a 15 years journey, and laying the foundation of the coalitions youngest colony, Athena, in 2098 Voyager was declared lost and all personnel missing in action after UNSC Space Command could not establish comlink to the vessel for 2 years. Voyager had just reached the outer bounds of Callius Nebular, coalitions current farthest outpost, when it stopped answering routine com-checks, which would take roughly 2.5 months to reach the ship. Whatever happend to UNOSEV-D2 is still one of the most talked about unsolved mysteries of modern space exploration.
This pictures is an artist's rendition of UNOSEV-D2 shortly before her maiden flight in January 2092 at Solar Spaceport, New Paris.
UNOSEV-D2 "Voyager" and her sister ship UNOSEV-D1 "Corona" remain the largest deep space exploration vessels ever built by United Nations Space Coalition until today. "

AAAANDA… the pictures! Will post more when getting some progress done on this one, might take a while, still pretty busy over here. Hope you like it

journeypic.jpg

flyer.jpg

flyer2.jpg

LennO!
Post edited by LennO on
Tagged:

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    wow that looks super old school, I love it
  • LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks man! Good to still see familiar facesA…err, Mr. T Cats around! How are you doing?

And a lil update for today, only had a a few mins

front2.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    did you paint the planet too? because it looks amazing
  • LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    Nope, it's actually one of my older 3d-planets, this oneA… though colorcorrectedA…a bit ;D

http://home.arcor.de/lenno/0/iceworldlarge.jpg

and last one for todayA…

front3.jpg