Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Arrow, Star Trek Cruiser WIP

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Been working on a larger post Dominion war starship, right now it's around 640 meters long. Tell me what you think.

arrowc.jpg
arrow1x.jpg
arrow2.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Already a lot better compared to your last ship but I really can't stress enough how important the segment count is; it works for arcs too...
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    what borgman said, its great but the segmentation is really letting it down!
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    interesting...
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks nice indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Already a lot better compared to your last ship but I really can't stress enough how important the segment count is; it works for arcs too...

It's all been hand drawn without using arcs or whatever (except the deflector dish). Maybe I should use that for the next ship because I agree it looks too segmented.
    *points* look at my tutorial thread. There's a lot of info in there how to create a decent saucer with the use of arcs and a bit of push 'n pull and scaling magic ;)
    update, some rendering errors in there that have been fixed now. Still no inspiration for the nacelles:

ussarrow2.jpg
    ussarrow1.jpg
    ussarrow.jpg
    ussarrow3.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I like it.
    USS Arrow on a deep space exploration mission, about to be intercepted by a taskforce of a unknown species.

contactxo.jpg
    (nacelles are taken of a ship in the Sketchup 3d warehouse as I just can't seem to make nice ones.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Hmmm...Why not go with a TMP-era nacelle design. It looks like a Lost Years era precursor to the Intrepid-Class, Prometheus and Sovereign-Class.
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    Hmmm...Why not go with a TMP-era nacelle design. It looks like a Lost Years era precursor to the Intrepid-Class, Prometheus and Sovereign-Class.

Because this is a post dominion war ship.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I rather like wider, flatter nacelles like Dak's Allegience (Bitter Homecoming). Your ship follows the rule that Federation ships should look a bit like a Checkmark symbol from the side: A spar, a deep recess, and the tail flying back.

The flatter nacelles might mirror the primary hull's lines. Not a lot of ships have great views from all sides, but I think you have captured a design that evokes many aspects of other ships, and is still quite original, especially in that your secondary hull looks "active" if that makes any sense. Here is something you might want to do. Atop the nacelle supports you already have, place short, canted support-extentions that angle out and trail back, and place the nacelles atop that.
    primer wrote: »
    Because this is a post dominion war ship.

He said TMP design, which implies a design esthetic derived from TMP nacelles. Spicing them up a bit to modern day standards. I think it could work...