Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DImperial-Class Star Destroyer in LW8.5

2»

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    More work on the main hangar. I know the blue light from the smaller bay isn't canon, but it sure looks nice. I'm gonna add a few random panels and things, then I'll tackle that signature crane, the huge door and it's adjacent balcony/overhang on the rear wall.
    And there's the main hangar. I might spruce up the hull around it; its level of detail is rather incongruous up close. Not sure on how to proceed. Blisters and such help to break it up from a distance, but up close the lack of hull paneling is painfully obvious. I might have to whip up that texture map...
    Current polycount: 122,105 composed of 117565 quads, 2747 tris and 1793 greater-than-fours. Most of the latter are the windows, octagons I keep merged for the odd resizing bevel. Out of everything, 7427 show non-planarity, though I am happy to say that none of these are the angled hull pieces. Mostly the odd greeble whose bevel could have been more carefully welded up.

From here, I'm going to detail the forward hangar, add windows to the trapezoidal blisters on the lower hull, and I might deepen the greeble background on the bridge tower face. It sometimes seems flatter than it should be when lit from anywhere near the front.

Getting there.
    Last thing before bed:

Look familiar? :-D
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Beautiful. :)

I agree about the hull paneling looking "sparse" in the open areas. Not sure what to do about it though. I wonder if you could stencil hull plate lines in or something? There's always the What Would Ansel Do? approach. ;) Seriously though, if you can spare some more polys, I'd go for it. At the moment it's a great model for long to medium distance shots but without a massive amount of work (relatively speaking...), you could bring the camera in for some closer shots. The rear in particular appears more highly detailed when looking at that last group of images. If you went for that LOD on the top and bottom, you'd have one hell of a mesh. Of course, you might be able to pull off filling in those gaps with textures, too. Either way, she's looking great man. :thumb:
    I think I'm about finished, here. :)
    Final polygon count: 124,687.

I can't wait to make some animations with this. X-D