Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEarth Alliance Personnel Shuttle

A2597A2597335 Posts: 8Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
So after seeing some of the amazing WiP threads here, I decided to get back into 3D modeling and rendering. It's been a few years since I really did anything, a couple little side projects...but nothing major, and none of it "Just for fun".

So blender has grown up a lot in this time, and it seems a number of my issues with the rendering engine have been addressed. This makes me happy. So in an effort to relearn the program, I decided to re-do my one released model, the Earth Alliance shuttle. My last one was based off of Kier Darby's tutorial, It's a nice easy mesh and I think it's a good place to start.

So...pics!
81003.jpg
81004.jpg
81005.jpg
Post edited by A2597 on
Tagged:

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The model looks really nice so far, especiall the flaps. By the way, is the model this ship : http://www.starshipmodeler.com/b5/vh_kestrel.htm

I'm just not familiar with the universe :D
  • A2597A2597335 Posts: 8Member
    just a little update, didn't have much time this weekend to work on it.
    81077.jpg
  • RonPadaRonPada0 Posts: 0Member
    Somacruz145 wrote:
    I'm just not familiar with the universe Click here to enlarge

Its from the Babylon 5 Universe if I am recognizing the shuttle correctly.
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Looks cool and detailed.

We should find some other people who want to detail the B5 universe for Blender! :)

Brian
  • Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats a great start. Im still trying to learn the program. If i learn it, the first thing im gonna try to build is the omega class destroyer. Done Know how the heck im gonna make it rotate LOL.

But yeah, that is an Atmospheric shuttle you were thinking about Somacruz. They use that shuttle to land on planets and things. The shuttle A2597 is building is used to transport from ship to ship, or station to ship, or station to station. You get what i mean. I dont think it can land on planets.
    Thats a great start. Im still trying to learn the program. If i learn it, the first thing im gonna try to build is the omega class destroyer. Done Know how the heck im gonna make it rotate LOL.

But yeah, that is an Atmospheric shuttle you were thinking about Somacruz. They use that shuttle to land on planets and things. The shuttle A2597 is building is used to transport from ship to ship, or station to ship, or station to station. You get what i mean. I dont think it can land on planets.

Once modeled, just set it's center point correctly, parent to an empty and set the rotation for the empty to match the show at at 30fps (Or 24fps if you prefer)

No update yet, but soon. :)