Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBlender - tough starts

• BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    Hi,

Pretty cool design. But...there is always a but, the way your starfury launch system is now you don't have the physical room to open the doors. That section of the station would need to be twice as big. I know we can cheat in 3d. Still, I think it would be cool if it made a bit more sense.

-Brian
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh... I can see it now. IA’m cheater professional :D See, thank you... IA’ll need more like you to put me in order :D
    I hope your being tongue-in-cheek. :D

Brian
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Actually, if instead of sliding the doors open you hinge them, whole or in parts, you could keep the current spacing between them :)
  • Ronson2kRonson2k0 Posts: 0Member
    Great job on the Viper. I'm stunned at your ability to use blender so well in such a short period of time. Blender is difficult to learn. I'm still working at it.. :)
    BrianSzep wrote: »
    I hope your being tongue-in-cheek. :D
    You can bet :D
    Melak wrote: »
    Actually, if instead of sliding the doors open you hinge them, whole or in parts, you could keep the current spacing between them :)
    I was thinking about that, but I was opened to change design of whole fighter bay part and I tried to do not interfere to B5 design... (even when I think about it now... whole station is interfering B5 design :D)
    Ronson2k wrote: »
    Great job on the Viper. I'm stunned at your ability to use blender so well in such a short period of time. Blender is difficult to learn. I'm still working at it.. :)
    Believe me, that I must choose renders well to do not let you see all the mistakes on it :D IA’m still beginner. In my manual to blender with 200 pages... In blender I worked with buttons on only like 10 pages :D

Here is new render... Starfury bays changed and added some details to parts of station:
    t18.jpg
    Looking good. Your renders are looking better everytime. :) I definitely see this as a smaller station that could be used by the EA at a farway outpost somewhere.

Brian
    Yes, but I have not decided yet, if itA’s going to be military outpost, or more like civilian station for B5 purpose in smaller scale...
    Here are new renders... added more details to main hull:
    middle part:
    T22.jpg
    back part:
    T23.jpg
    whole station:
    t21.jpg
  • Great progress so far. Coming together nicely. I did notice in one of the closeup renders that the stack of tanks has a lot of polys in relation to the other details/piping. Since it is a small object, consider making the same object with fewer polygons. Set to smooth and your gravy. Saves render time and keeps file size down.
    Not a bad idea, itA’s one of three nurbies parts I imported to model, so there were no changes except scale. IA’ll try "decimate" on that parts and see if it works, if result will be bad? I create new mesh...
    btw, here is main docking bay door modeled:
    82462.jpg82463.jpg
    Im master of moronism... IA’ve lost my laptop mouse, so now I canA’t work until I buy new one...
  • DarkmeshDarkmesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work dude...
    Thanks, Darkmesh :D
    here is new render with new mouse :D
    T31.jpg
    and next render with station almost finished:
    T38.jpg
    edited: Work on station is done, here is final render:
    T42.jpg
    next model will be for my friend who is amateur story writer...
    here is first render of Piecemaker:
    PM2.jpg
    I must tell, that itA’s still kinda boxy and does not look like tank... IA’ll try make the idea better :D
    Ok, here is work from tommorow... If you must sit at pub and wait till your girlfriend end up in work, you can do really lots of work in 7 hours :D :D
    PM14.jpg
    as you can see, Piecemaker is almost completelly rebuilt, only basic idea remains... C&C welcomed...
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    the new version sucks...
    really? You mean completely, or only some parts to remodel/change?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i liked the front on the original
    I think, looked too childish... like 6 years old kids draw tank as sausage instead of tracks and box on it :D that dozer blade is placed on hydraulic, so it can change angle to optimal condition of inaccessible terrain and protection of tracks...
    friend who I do this for gave me some advices to piecemaker look, so I lowered to of tank and widen hull to make it more massive
    PM16.jpg
    Hi here, IA’m sorry for no posts in recent time, but I was trying to find some solution to personal problems, worked every day (for money) and had no time for Blender. In about 3 days it all changes and IA’ll have nice free time, so expect new renders.

Dr.Sleep
    Ok, guys! IA’m here with Piecemaker Mk II, last three days I worked on this to have nice and easy tank :D
    PM_MK2_11.jpg
    PM_MK2_15.jpg
    and support tracks for riding over bi- hig holes(originally on sides of tank):
    PM_MK2_16.jpg
    please, you are welcome to comment :D
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Much better design than the original,well done.
    Thanks a lot, IA’ve got new renders here for you...
    PM_MK2_19.jpg
    PM_MK2_20.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Looking really great so far,nice job,thanks.
    Here is update with some colors. As I already said, this model is for ilustration to my friendA’s novel. He is writing epic story from SG universe about 40 years after original ended. This tank will be strategic part of company called White Order. You can see their insignia on main turret. When he was telling me about them, I got that unpleasant feeling, that they are alike to "Rangers" from Babylon 5, but with kick-ass weapons :D Main color of order is white for purity, but to remain, that nothing is completely pure, there must be black too. And what can we say, someone with kick-ass weapon as "Piecemaker Mk.II" cannot be pure at all :D
    PM_MK2_26.jpg
    I was told, that main turret does not fit to model very well, but itA’s not completed yet, so be patient :D
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    I would slope the main turret, but like you said it's still in the works so we'll see what you come up with :) other that nice tank
    IA’m forced to pause my work, because my laptop is not working properly and goes to sales returns... because of it, I will not have place to work for at least month. My second laptop is so weak, that I canA’t even run Blender with no model in it. So, see you and if I find some place to model IA’ll place here some renders.