Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalSG-U Destiny (Another small phisical model started...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited April 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all,

Well, I've started posting in this comunity for alittle while.

This is one of my project models in scratch.
(Know ahead of time... Things will go slow with my modeling, since I'm also working on a 1/1 model (remodeling my house, alone.)

Anyways...
Here is my rendition of the SG-U Destiny, and what I've done so far...

3.jpg

The rest of the fotos, you can see here;

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz212/Vahmp/StarGate%20-%20SG-C%20-%20StarGate%20Command/SG-U/SGU%20Destiny%20Project/
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• MEATLOAFrMEATLOAFr331 Posts: 0Member
    looks like a good start, worth watching to see it finished
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    Destiny.

The design is clearly Ancient.

I dig it. Keep going! :)
  • Odyssey SlipwaysOdyssey Slipways0 Posts: 0Member
    i was wondering how long it would be before we saw someone taking a crack at this (you posted here before???). before i came to look around in here, i was thinking of the ship again myself, but currently still have a lot of other unfinished projects that really should get finished.

the main problem i get hung up on, is the length of the ship for scaling. i know they have shown different parts of the ship from time to time so i'm sure a decent madel of it can be built at this time (have to click onto your link to see how far you have gotten)

*BTW, the Steamrunner master is now here, it arrived the day before
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Good luck with all projects, lol. Lerdy, I can just imagine the detail work involved, with its superstructure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the late replies. (seems that this site isn't giving me notice that I've replies in my topics or posts. Strange....)

Anyhows.... thanks for the comments! :)
    Odyssey Slipways
    i was wondering how long it would be before we saw someone taking a crack at this (you posted here before???). before i came to look around in here, i was thinking of the ship again myself, but currently still have a lot of other unfinished projects that really should get finished.

the main problem i get hung up on, is the length of the ship for scaling. i know they have shown different parts of the ship from time to time so i'm sure a decent madel of it can be built at this time (have to click onto your link to see how far you have gotten)

Hi Chris (OS),

Yea... posted just a fews times here before.

As for the lenth, she fits great in 1/2500 scale...

In another forum they came up with a pixel scaling method and got this:

Estimated width of 548 meters
    Estimated length of 748 meters

at 1/2500

Estimated width of 8 3/4" (21.92cm)
    Estimated length of 11 3/4" (29.92cm)

So at that scale, she's a pretty nice size model (not too big, not too small).

And I haven't gotten too far with this or any of my other ships lately. (with the remodeling of house and all. {NEED MORE SPARETIME!!!! :lol: })
    *BTW, the Steamrunner master is now here, it arrived the day before
    Yea, was wonderin how that was going? Seems that 10-12 is kinda dying down over there.....
    Fre'dni wrote: »
    Good luck with all projects, lol. Lerdy, I can just imagine the detail work involved, with its superstructure

Yea well.... I need all the luck I can get. :lol:
    If it weren't for the 1/1 house remodeling, I'd have most of them (models) done by now.

As for the detail work to the superstructure... That's not realy a problem, since the scale of the model is 1/2500.
    The paneling will all be done with paper copies of the textures I've collected from here and other sites/places.
    It's a small model so, most of the detail really can't be seen all that well. The 3 dimentional detail will be done with wires, plastic sheets/rods, cardboard and common paper sheets, epoxy putty and other assorted material... Alittle bit of everything.:lol:
    Besides.....

I can't seem to just be able to work on ONE SINGLE MODEL AT A TIME!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've got this thing/bug, that I have to work on half a dozen to a dozen models at the same time:p:lol: