Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DAncient Warship v2

Davide_sdDavide_sd0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2017 in Finished Work #1
Hi all,
i've finally completed the second version of my ancient warship from stargate atlantis (yes, i love this ship ). I've done a new texturing work on the entire ship, replaced old tubes, and created new guns.
I have to thank Meurig that allowed me to use 2 of his textures in my ship, precisely "Tex_Generic_Col.png" and "Tex_Generic_Spec.png" from his omega destroyer.
Well, maybe i'll desaturate a bit the bronw material and i'll dark a bit the gray hull material, but actaully i'm really happy with this result. Now all i have to do is add some lights here and there.
For the first time i used only mental ray with arch and design materials. I'm really really impressed: i've spent about ten minutes to render each of this pic (3940 x 2216) plus about 5 minutes for each AO pass. With the old version i spent about 15mins only for the color pass (and 1920x1108)...
Hope you like it! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=37471&d=1269208207

attachment.php?attachmentid=37472&d=1269208207

attachment.php?attachmentid=37473&d=1269208207

attachment.php?attachmentid=37474&d=1269208207

attachment.php?attachmentid=37475&d=1269208207

attachment.php?attachmentid=37476&d=1269208207
79747.jpg
Post edited by Davide_sd on
Tagged:

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's one heck of a ship Davide :thumb: The mesh is absolutely amazing and the textures look really cool as well. Great work, can't wait to see your next ship finished ! (I remember you were doing a sort of "wreck" ship)
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh wow i was wundering recently if you were ever going to do an updated version of this ship.

Great Work!!!! :thumb:
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks mates!
    @ somacruz: i hope to find the time to complete the reaver ship! that's a hell of a ship! :)
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that looks stunning. I can't wait to see this in a full scene.
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    Just looking at the images again and when you do a scene i think you should use that last image that you posted showing most of the nose. With drones or something. But just a suggestion
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    Just looking at the images again and when you do a scene i think you should use that last image that you posted showing most of the nose. With drones or something. But just a suggestion

suggestions always welcome! :)
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work bud love the details!
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX0 Posts: 0Member
    The level of detail is amazing, and the style of the render with the AO is impressive...very impressive!
    Gran trabajo amigo!!
  • mbradshawmbradshaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! How many polies is that beauty? Any plans to do scenes with it fighting against wraith with drones and laser fire?
    Thanks mates!

It's about 900k polys, and of course, i'll do some scene in the future! :)
  • Gog3t3kGog3t3k0 Posts: 0Member
    That's really awesome ;)
  • AlphapackAlphapack0 Posts: 0Member
    That Looks sexy as!
  • MedafusionMedafusion0 Posts: 0Member
    wow nice ^.^
    i never really paid attention to the back of the warship but i just noticed how it resembles the back part of the destiny sort of :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]0 Posts: 3Member
    Is this a real photo? Man, i do not know any word which could describe how awesome it is! Wow maybe... :thumb:
  • GTxGTx0 Posts: 0Member
    That's an awesome work !
    I'm working on a ray tracing and a Vulkan renderer, I'd love to make some render tests on your warship :) !