Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBabylon 5 Station

• gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    Looking good. Not enough B5 images out there.
  • emi_100emi_100171 Posts: 0Member
    look amazing!!!!!! =)
    Please more =)
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    emi_100 wrote: »
    look amazing!!!!!! =)
    Please more =)

Funny that you should ask that today! ;)

Here is the next set of updates. In this batch I have included an HD glory shot.

C&C welcome.

-Brian
    78900.jpg78901.jpg78902.jpg78903.jpg78904.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looks great, some very nice details.
    Have you done the lunch tubes for the starfurries?
    Freak wrote: »
    Looks great, some very nice details.
    Have you done the lunch tubes for the starfurries?

Hi,

Not yet. I have to rebuild the cobra bays again as they are not right. I am going to rig the doors. Eventually, I want to detail model the interior of the bays.

here are a couple more pics that I forgot.

-Brian
    78905.jpg78906.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow, wonderfully sharp and clear images. I love it.
  • gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    fantastic work
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    I agree, this is turning out great!
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    fantastic work Brian
    Thanks everyone!

-Brian

PS - Hey you Blender guys out there. Have you started looking at 2.5 yet?
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Not yet... and I'm nervous. :)

I stayed back at 2.45, because in some later versions, they started messing with things that I thought worked ok. Might be time to take a look, though. :)
    Nice details Brian.

I heard the interface is changing again. I final got use to where everything is, Have to find it all again is going to be a pain. but hopefully the hotkey will be the same.
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    This looks amazing, what type of PCdo you have, it will have to be a monster to run this beastof a model.

Keep up the good work.
    Bigd524 wrote: »
    This looks amazing, what type of PCdo you have, it will have to be a monster to run this beastof a model.

Keep up the good work.

Hello Big D,

Right now my pc is a 2-gig Athlon 64 cpu. Mind you that its the 754 socket, so it's the first series of Athlon cpu. Current verts count is over 800,000 and when rendered it's over 1.3 million. :eek: These figures are with some new modeling done since that last set of pics.

I'm thinking that when it's finished it might be over 2,000,000 verts.

It's being built in Blender 2.49b but I think I am going to texture it in 2.5 as that has better texturing capability.

-Brian
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing work and really detailed for blender, well done :)
  • PeterDrakePeterDrake0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. When you finish, it will really show what Blender can do. I have looked at Blender 2.5 a little, but for now, at least until they finish all the features in 2.5, I'm going to stick with 2.49b. Keep up the good work.
    Just a little update to let everyone know this isn't dead. Big updates by the end of the week. :D

-Brian
    look forward to seeing it.
    Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't been on here for a while. I had personal issues to deal with in the last month. I finally have internet access again. :)

I was still modeling thru all the mess. Anyway, the first updates are to show my render improvements.

The names on the files say how it was rendered. I spent almost two weeks to improve my ability in this area. Had to figure out how to get the right look in Blender. I found it was one little setting. ugh!! :rolleyes:

Also, all the previous images were uploaded via dial-up. I am now on hi-speed and everything will be in HD.

Newman if your out there these are for you! ;)

Anyway here we go....
    79978.jpg79979.jpg79980.jpg
    Some very nice details in there Brian, this thing is really coming along.
    Thanks Freak.

Hey Blender users. This is a render from Blender 2.5 Alpha 2. It took under 4 mins with over 1.4 million faces. This is just an Approx A.O. render no lights.

-Brian
    79992.jpg
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    Not a fan of B5, but your model is FANTASTIC thus far! Keep up the great work!
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Detailed and excellent worked out! I am really impressed! :)
  • dadeo911dadeo911171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow looks great. Are you going to texture the paneling on the spherical areas or model them?
  • BureidoBureido0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks amazing. I have always loved the look of B5
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing detailing! I've always loved B5. Keep up the good work dude! Oh btw, are you gonna add in the defense grid turrets and pulse canons from the show? I've always wondered where there are located and how many of them are there. You only see 3 to 4 gun turrets ever in the series.
    Thanks everyone. Cobra bay updates coming soon.

Galen,

I would love to do that but I can't find any info about where they are located.

-Brian
    dadeo911 wrote: »
    Wow looks great. Are you going to texture the paneling on the spherical areas or model them?

Hi,

I am going model the blue parts. The rest will be a bump maps. I am still debating if the paneling is going to be modeled or not.

-Brian
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Haha all i remember from the series is that they are located on the upper spine of the station. Would make sense since thats the only non moving part of the station. But there was an episode with raiders attacking B5 in season 1, i remember the quad arrays opening somewhere around the main body of the station as well. Maybe you could make an educated guess and put em in :)