Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBabylon 5 Station

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    This Babylon 5 is looking awesome... I love the level of detail so far.
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    OK, here is the next update:

I rebuilt the cobra bays. These house the Starfuries in case you didn't know. These are built to proper scale. Meaning that there is room for the bay doors to slide open.

The Star Fury is Fabio Passaro's Starfury 3.

Enjoy,

Brian
    80417.jpg80419.jpg80420.jpg80421.jpg80422.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    wonderful work, I really love where that one goes.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    i second aresius. the old lady looks better each time.....LOL!
    Thanks guys. Also, the cobra bays are not even detailed yet. I just built the main structures, so more coming! :D

-Brian
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very cool, I love waht your doing with this station.
    Hello,

I have a couple of new renders and a little animation showing the rigging on the cobra bay doors.

-Brian
    80543.jpg80544.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good the Brian, your doing a great job with this station:thumb:

your renders are looking really good :D
    nice work, those deteails really are sweet.
    Thanks Ice and Freak. While I'm here I couldn't help myself and I did another animation. I bought some time on ResPower to render it. :D

Enjoy,

-Brian
    Thanks Aresius! :D

Brian
    Nice animation, but what I'm missing, and remembering from the series is that the baydoors open, then the Starfuries get tilted and start.
    You have them tilted already.
    Looking good mate, love the level of detail you are putting into this.
    Will have to check out the Animation late. (Bloody work Computers and there blocks!!)
    Aresius wrote: »
    Nice animation, but what I'm missing, and remembering from the series is that the baydoors open, then the Starfuries get tilted and start.
    You have them tilted already.

Yep, your right. I am going to model the interior bays. Just havn't gotten to it yet! :D Below is what I'm going to go for with the interior.

Thanks Freak!

Here is an updated launch animation. I changed the speed of the Star fury launch. My computer can't even playback wireframes in real time! :rolleyes:

-Brian
    80562.jpg
    Nice Animation Mate.

If I remember the Starfuries locked into postion before the doors openned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Once this is finished, I'd love to make pictures with it:)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Just checked the thread and animations - they are really good :thumb: I have never watched Babylong 5 but this ship looks really cool so far !
  • A2597A2597335 Posts: 8Member
    Dood, this just pulled me out of Lurk mode.

Freaking Ace man! I cannot wait to see this textured/lit.
    Bookmarked. And inspired to restart B5-Blender again....
    A2597 wrote: »
    Dood, this just pulled me out of Lurk mode.

Freaking Ace man! I cannot wait to see this textured/lit.
    Bookmarked. And inspired to restart B5-Blender again....

Well, I hope you do restart any wips you have.

Thanks. I can't wait to see it textured and lit too. :p Which is what I am working on right now. I have been detailing the the cobra bays and when I finish getting the c-bays textured then I'll have an update.

Also, I think I have come up with my release strategy for this mesh.

I have good news for those who have asked about the defense grid. I found the info we all have been looking for. Check below.
    80912.jpg80913.jpg80914.jpg80915.jpg
    I thought she had more deffences than that. but then it been nearly 15 years since I last saw it.
    if that is accurate, then there are ones on the rotating section as well, which would mean they would be duplicated around the station.
    if that is accurate, then there are ones on the rotating section as well, which would mean they would be duplicated around the station.

Hi,

You would think that would be the case. If you look at the text to the left you can see it only shows the gun emplacements that are seen in the vid. This info came from the season 1 DVD set disc 6 extras. I know that in the first season the station got defense grid upgrades but I am not sure if this info includes that.

On another note. You mentioned b5-blender. That was a website wasn't it? I remember when I first got blender and doing searches for meshes that site came up in the searches and when I went to go to the site it was gone. :( If you start it up again I would like to be involved. What B5 meshes do you have?

-Brian
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    This is really amazing... and that animation with starfuries launched is amazing.
    At that point in time I wasn't modeling so much, but in my process of learning blender I converted many of the best B5 meshes on the net to blend format (With the authors permission). Most of Nadab Goksu's works, Kier Darby's White star, G'Kanes Star Fury...many others.

It was also a tutorial site, which I still have those around. (Planets, loading and exporting textured models, etc)
    I'm a bit behind on Blender, havn't used it much in the past few years since I got busy with school and then work, but have been meaning to get back into modeling and what not. Now is as good of time as any I guess. I'll get the domain back up and working. (b5-blender.com got bought from under me, but I have b5blender.com again)

It's great to see there is still an interest in Babylon 5, and to see how much Blender has grown. I love the detail on your model as well, and can't wait to see it finished.
  • Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
    At that point in time I wasn't modeling so much, but in my process of learning blender I converted many of the best B5 meshes on the net to blend format (With the authors permission). Most of Nadab Goksu's works, Kier Darby's White star, G'Kanes Star Fury...many others.

It was also a tutorial site, which I still have those around. (Planets, loading and exporting textured models, etc)
    I'm a bit behind on Blender, havn't used it much in the past few years since I got busy with school and then work, but have been meaning to get back into modeling and what not. Now is as good of time as any I guess. I'll get the domain back up and working. (b5-blender.com got bought from under me, but I have b5blender.com again)

It's great to see there is still an interest in Babylon 5, and to see how much Blender has grown. I love the detail on your model as well, and can't wait to see it finished.

Ummm your site isnt there. I tried visiting it.

I can't believe you found that screencap Brian. I been looking for a graph through my seasons 2-5 . You beat me to it. BTW, is that AFTER the season 2 upgrade or before?
    Yea, I had let the domains expire. I've repurchased b5blender.com, but somethings up with the registrar as I don't have control over it yet. That however, is a different topic. This ones for how awesome this B5 Model is. :D
    Thanks Austin. I should have the Cobra Bay details done in a couple of days. Wait until you see it! :D

Brian
    Justin,

That is from season 1. If you watch season two episode Gropos they show a graphic that shows where the upgraded defense grid was installed.

-Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    this is developing great. awesome stuff Szep. I am really looking forward to this, especially as I managed to get my hands on one of the first original 1993 plastic model kits recently, and NOT for rare-item-ebay-money but for 15A€ at a small toy shop - he didn't know what he got there, told me the box sat on the shelf for almost 16 years... Your mesh might actually help me handcrafting the details!