Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSerenity Class

littlekiwilittlekiwi0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2011 in Work in Progress #1
I have been building & texturing a version of Serenity based on Sean Kennedys tutorials. My intension is to make a short film eventually. I have built not only the ships externals but all the internals as well. Next is 7 characters based on the guys I work with & what we do. It will be how things go wrong very quickly when doing some of your simple everyday tasks. I will post more when I get to it.
76414.jpg
76416.jpg
76417.jpg
Post edited by littlekiwi on
Tagged:

• J.WildeJ.Wilde0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow. Stunning work.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that is some pretty amazing visual to begin with, i cant wait to see more, good work!!
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    That's a real nice looking ship right there. Should be labeled as a Firefly class vessel though, Serenity was the specific ship name ;)
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that's a really nice ship. Texturing work is great ! Looking forward to seeing full shots of the ship :thumb:
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool concept!! I like it!!!

THe project seems to be interesting, I'm in :-)

Bye
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Love that old girl, so ugly, and yet so beautiful! This is a terrific model of it, very nice!
  • GargoyleGargoyle171 Posts: 0Member
    It's well-done. Two small issues though. First of all - and you probably know this - the type is not called "Serenity"-Class but "Firefly"-Class and the second thing: The solar panels seem to be a little to reflective and should have a slight blue shade.
  • BureidoBureido0 Posts: 0Member
    Like Mal Reynold i fell in love with the Serenity as soon as i saw it. Love your work, can't wait to see more
  • littlekiwilittlekiwi0 Posts: 0Member
    I've completed most of the external texturing & will start work on two shuttles which will differ from the original.
    76414.jpg
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    The final render is really cool!!!

Maybe only the lighting has something strange, because it seems to be 2 lights one in Background and one over the ship or behind the camera, but it result so strange in the space IMHO...

Texturing very good mate!! My compliments...:-)
    Heres a look at our bridge
    76546.jpg
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Bit bright... but i like it.
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Is that a captain's chair? Ugh. Also, the throttles over the pilot and co-pilot positions seem a little... view obstructing.
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    I love what you have done so far. On the bridge at the far bottom left is that a star trek console I see?
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    You forgot all the little toy dinosaurs on the pilot's console. ;)
    Otherwise it is very nice.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not a big fan of Serenity because I haven't seen much of it but I must say that this project is getting better and better every time I see it. The cockpit is really cool :thumb:
    Ok to get a bit of insight to where IA’m coming from. I work for an airline. Our job here is to maintain & service the airlines in-flight entertainment system, something a little different to what IA’ve done in the past see Wasp Flight .
    In the past few years IA’ve portrayed the poor guys I work with in 3d role that was in the the form of a monthly calendar placed in our office . But of a laugh. But this time itA’s a short film. IA’ve always liked Serenity so that was the choice of ship & Sean KennedyA’s tutorials were very inspiring but beyond that the choice of interior is largely a mix of my own ideas & the original.
    Our work environment is a cave below the airport we have a van & soon a golf cart These will be represented by the 2 shuttles coming soon .What we do on board that ship is based on what we do here, but in the future. We service Space Stations & other vessels whoA’s entertainment systems have failed, sounds a little boring aye but strong character building & a good supply of crap that goes wrong I hope will keep the story interesting.
    Funny reading some of the comments like the row of dinosaurs on the Pilots dash , we kept arrow of childrenA’s toys we found under the airplane seats & lined them up on our bosses desk, & yes some of those screens to have a few Star trek tit bits. As for the captains chair will not entirely for me it more like an engineers chair like on the old Boeing 727s & 747s , someone needs to keep an eye on all the crap when the pilot is flying by the seat of his arse., throttles above the pilots seats yep just like in the old Catalina flying boat days & theyA’re just high enough not to get in the way. So there you go, most of the interior is done & I will post soon. I was working on the head the other day & made as disgusting as the one we have to use, kind of amusing I guess.

Cheers Littlekiwi
    I hate sticky floors
    76737.jpg
    Hope it all stays put on a heavy landing
    76738.jpg
    Took me a while to build this one
    76739.jpg76740.jpg76741.jpg
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Great work!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Everything is excellent, love the bridge especially.
    Ok first attempt on the small shuttle & I'm not liking it so back to the drawing board.
    76782.jpg
    Ok, liking this better
    76800.jpg
    Ok, almost done just the undercarriage & cockpit to build.
    76822.jpg76823.jpg76824.jpg76825.jpg76826.jpg
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Its a nice shuttle, but why change the original when you have so faithfully done the rest of the ship, and now that you have, will it even fit in the hole for the old one?

I'm thinking those engines are going to poke into your cargo bay.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Some very cool stuff!

Look forward to seeing more.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    I think that's the first time I've seen anyone model the interiors and they look great. Would be good to see them lit using area lights and shadows rather than those sharp raytraced shadows, but I guess that'd take way longer to render.
    Worked out a way to dock my shuttle & have decided togo with the Serenitys original shuttle for the second but with a few modifications. I needed to make the docking bays interchangeable so as to dock either shuttle. So far this looks like a go.
    77042.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    nice