Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSerenity Class

• Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    wow, this is insane. Just a question: beside the cockpit, does the interior actually fits inside the ship mesh, or are they separate scenes?
  • littlekiwilittlekiwi0 Posts: 0Member
    All the interior components fit inside the model, I wanted to give it a bit more of a real feel.
    Ok after much deliberation I decided to go with the original shuttle but then decided to modify it somewhat. the cockpit pretty much stays the same but the rear is going thru some major changes.
    77428.jpg77429.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I kinda liked the bumblebee shuttle. 8)
  • scott2753scott27536 Posts: 0Member
    littlekiwi wrote: »
    Took me a while to build this one

Sweet design! I do want to tackle building the Serenity at some point in time, but I am thinking of maybe doing the Starship from Avatar next ;)
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Lookin' good, dude. :)

I'm sure it's been said, she's a Firefly-class ship named, Serenity, chosen by Mal, agreed to by Zoe, for the Battle of Serenity Valley.

Browncoats Rule!

deg
    Yeah I found that out after my first post, but cant find a way to change it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I really like the texturing on this littlekiwi... any chance of a look at some of the exterior diffues/spec/normal maps?
    Heres a look at a few of the texture maps for the dome
    77490.jpg77491.jpg77492.jpg
    Ok, its been a while, we just had a new addition to our family so life has been a little crazy. Finally got the shuttle complete as a model & now in the process of texturing. I will probably go for a dirty white & orange paint job. This one ended up with more detail than I originally intended.
    78790.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That's a really cool design littlekiwi :thumb: It looks better to me than the Serenity itself ! The only part that looks a bit strange to me are the cables behind the cockpit - maybe add some plating to cover them or some more greebles so that they aren't so exposed.
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    That's a really cool design littlekiwi :thumb: It looks better to me than the Serenity itself ! The only part that looks a bit strange to me are the cables behind the cockpit - maybe add some plating to cover them or some more greebles so that they aren't so exposed.

Same for me, and congratulation for the "new addition" :-)

Bye
  • RuskbyteRuskbyte0 Posts: 0Member
    A thing of beauty.
    Ok, I got a little time to start texturing, almost complete.
    78969.jpg78970.jpg78971.jpg
    Ok with textures now complete time to work on the interior of the shuttle.
    79081.jpg79082.jpg79084.jpg
  • ChrisTOPherChrisTOPher0 Posts: 0Member
    is the Shuttle your own Design? i do not remember it being so "fat" in the back section, from what i know about how it looked in the show and movie (btw i have the enitre collection including the graphic novel) it was more the Shape of a Beetle or Roach.
    the rear section seemed to resemble that of the front with a few differences of course :P
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Fine work, really cool stuff! :cool:
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    I like this design muchly. :)
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX10 Posts: 0Member
    Wow .. This is fantastic, great job !
    The design is part Firefly as in the cockpit, part district 9 drop ship , (engines & doors) & the rest my own design.
    Ok Shuttle interior complete, heres a few pics ,next is the characters, that will take some work!
    All assembled for a landed render.
    Well i said there would be characters based on the guys I work with & in a more cartoon style. So heres the first test shots of our Captain (my boss) in his umpa lumpa uniform. These have just the color map applied no bump or spec/reflect yet except for the face which still need tweaking.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow the interior of the shuttle is really impressive :thumb: The character looks a bit strange for such realistic models but it's awesome so far. Can't wait to see more even though Firefly/Serenity isn't my favourite sci-fi :p (I'm not saying that it's bad though !)
    Wow after some serious time rigging characters complete with face controls & synoptics I have only 2 characters built. But the rest should go fairly easy from here. I may start a new post once all the Characters are built and its time for story development.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Sweet!!
    Just in case your wondering, this project is still a go , its just taking longer than expected.
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    You have got to be kidding me! That render makes me fall from chair :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    A short test clip is in the works, heres a sample
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking good!