Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalRazor's Berzerk master.

srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hello everyone,

Thought I would share a master I created a while back. It is the Berzerk from the Razor BSG movie. I believe it is still available from Federation Models.

This was an extremely difficult master to detail because of its size, 4" in length when assembled! At one point I was using a .010" cutter for detailing. It was made in several sections to allow for good clean castings. I hope you like her. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Scott
75481.JPG
75482.JPG
75483.JPG
75485.JPG
75486.JPG
Post edited by srspicer on

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    I really wish I could understand why people produce these "kits" at such small sizes. It looks nice, I just wish models like this were bigger.
  • MEATLOAFrMEATLOAFr331 Posts: 0Member
    True, the Galatica model 'kit' is what 6 inches, would love to see it at about 3 foot'ish
  • xanthraxanthra0 Posts: 0Member
    MEATLOAFr wrote: »
    True, the Galatica model 'kit' is what 6 inches, would love to see it at about 3 foot'ish

Uhh... because resin kits are expensive and something that big would need an armature inside to support it? Pics of the original studio model (6' or 8') show what looks like a 2" steel pipe framework inside. I'd have to think that a decent 3 foot Galactica would cost one hundreds of dollars to produce and maybe twice that to purchase :(

PS. Back OT. @ Srspicer, the master looks very nice. Any ideas on price and availability?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    ^

Exactly dude... which is why if I'm gonna drop the money for a resin kit, I want something bigger than a chicken McNugget. But anyway, aye, it looks very nice.
  • srspicersrspicer391 Posts: 335Member
    The kit is available through Federation Models.

Just thought I should reply after SIX months!:o

Thanks for the compliments.

Scott