Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Grembling [Tuturorial]

I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
The Purpose of this Tutorial is to show you just some simple things to take your model to the Next level.

I invite anybody who wants to contribute to this Tutorial do so 3D modeling is something youA’re always learning more about!

Q: You may ask, What is a Greeble?

A: A greeble or nurnie is a small piece of detailing added to break up the surface of an object to add visual interest to a surface or object. They serve no real purpose other than to add complexity to the object, and cause the flow of the eye over the surface of the object to be interrupted, usually giving the impression of increased size. It is essentially the small detailed technical part of a larger object.

Simple Greebling:

Piping/Tubing- Basically give your model some pipes running about it will give it that much more detailing the pipes donA’t have to serve a purpose just make them run in to a box or whatever.

Pretty self explanatory im not going to do a example of theses just look @ some images of some like Oil rigs and what not look @ industrial compounds piping and things all around the place!

Modeling Piping: a Cylinder will serve the purpose perfectly! Remember that if your going to be making it A? way under the hull delete the unseen faces to save your poly count, even if you are doing a high poly model no reason to waste that all need RAM.

Vents- Well the gases from the ship have to go somewhere right? Basic vents are quite simple. Here is a picture of 3 vents I just made they are available in .OBJ attached to this Post! (Only for educational use) check them out look @ how I modeled these vents and such!

Ventpreivew.jpg

All these are is simple polygons with some extrusions and some cubes as the vent grate.

This is the Part 1 of IDK how many I hope to be adding more to this as I learn/think about it more!

I.G.88
Ryan Griffeth
Comments and Feedback more than welcome!