Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother Daedalus BC-304 (Blender)

2»

• madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Your Blender skills are definitely improving. :)

I'm going to have to build one of these, one day...
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    Thanks guys.
    Here is a little Vid that i whipped up :

YouTube - Daedalus, Prometheus, Midway Pics ( Blender )
  • DarkwingFlashDarkwingFlash0 Posts: 0Member
    I've been trying to learn how to use Blender for its game engine, I'm not interested in learning how to model in Blender as I'm content with AM, but I was wondering if I could use that model (even if incomplete) to test for the engine. I want to attempt to make a Stargate game in Blender, but I can't find any SG models for my tests. If you don't want me o that's ok, and this model wouldn't been shown to anybody in use or anything, it's just for me to see if what i want to do is possible
    I've been trying to learn how to use Blender for its game engine, I'm not interested in learning how to model in Blender as I'm content with AM, but I was wondering if I could use that model (even if incomplete) to test for the engine. I want to attempt to make a Stargate game in Blender, but I can't find any SG models for my tests. If you don't want me o that's ok, and this model wouldn't been shown to anybody in use or anything, it's just for me to see if what i want to do is possible

Interesting idea, i will give it some thought.

I have been wanting to do the same thing with it as well for a while now, if you know any good tutorials that i could use can you send me them?
    I'm like 3 days new to Blender. I've been doing some reading and I'm about to do some tinkering in Blender with camera movement
    well, this has just proven to be quite usefull:
    http://bgetutorials.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/basic-character-movement/
    Thanks for the help Dark.
    no problem. I've managed to get it to have more space like controls. imply change dynamic to static and then add two more sensors and actuators and whatever they're called, and assign two keys, one with a rotate upwards and one rotate downwards. I tried using the mouse function but things kind of messed up from there on!
    I will give it a try as soon as i get a chance to.
    I sort of wish I had the time to learn how to model in Blender. I dislike how it is basically completely different from the few animation apps i've used, but oh well. on the other hand, i'm getting a loose handling on how to use the game engine. I might even look into the Python coding as i hear its easier then AS, and I can code in AS!
    Dude i thought the same way about blender when i started but after a few toutorials i got the hang of the interface it all takes time. Have a look on YouTube for some toutorials and then find some good blue prints that you can use to build the model cuz thats what i done.

Give it a try you don't know you could be a natural.
    well, i've been a (bad) modeler for years now, though I've had little experience with poly programs (mine is spline/path based). I did look up a few tutorials, just to find out where the basic tools are like select and move and things. As for diagrams, I can't find really any good ones of a 304. I did find one, but it lacked the front and back shots!
    well we all have to start somewhere try to make somethin a bit simpler
  • PeterDrakePeterDrake0 Posts: 0Member
    That is quite an awesome model! And without any textures yet! Very nice. Thanks Dallidas for the tips on beveling edges. I'm not that new to Blender, but I have never thought of beveling edges before.
    Here is some pics and vids that may be of interest to you.

My image of a distant alien planet:

4323681722_6bcef5ffb7_o.jpg

an update of the Daedalus Model:

4334240311_8f63ca611d_b.jpg

Some vids:

Evolution of Daedalus Model

Stargate Universe Theme Tune