Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate new ship

• meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Yes it's inspired by the prometheus.
  • I'll be frank, these aren't great, but I know you're just starting and will get better. I don't mean to criticize you, in fact I'd be the first to admit my models were terrible (not that yours are; you're doing better than I did when I started).

One huge tip is don't try to make a real picture ("scene") when you start unless it's just silly to learn some features. In my opinion the best thing to do is focus on modeling so you can get used the most important part of everything you do in 3d, and to get comfortable with the interface.

I'd really really love to hep you with anything you ask. I don't know why, but I really love helping people out with things I know about. I also would have loved the help I can provide now when I was starting. I don't have tome right now but send me a PM and I'll tell you anything you need (that I know).
    O:pk guys here is a other update,done missile silo,heavy plasma guns,anti-fighters cannons.Some tips regarding the fighters bay.Please comment.
    72843.jpg72844.jpg72845.jpg
    Here is a new update.some specs will follow,this ship is going to be a nice frigate.please comment.
  • RoninRonin0 Posts: 0Member
    i have to say, it still looks like 2-3 bricks bound together.

Maybe, for a start, remove all texture, then add details to the model.
    Should be enough reference around here how details might look like.

That big block in the back is kind of ugly... just a cube sitting there without any aerodynamic form or detailing.

To start modelling it's good not to try to get a final render just at the beginning. trying around with the shape and maybe one or two colors until it looks 'nice' proved a good way for me.

How big is thing thing gonna be ?
    small ones might show tubes and Windows, large ships more have Panels and Armor.
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    It seems to be commin along well, keep it up :)
    Do you know if it is possible to mirror an object in blender?
  • Yes, use the Mirror modifier. Once you learn it you will model everything with it. :) With it you only model half of the mesh, and the modifier automatically updates the mirror version.

Here is a quick video tutorial about it: YouTube - Blender Tutorial 3 : Mirror Modifier
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    You can also select a mesh in edit mode and press Shift-D to duplicate it, then press 'M' to mirror it along a selected axis. Or you can skip the Shift-D step if you just want to flip a single mesh on its axis.
    Thanks for comments.i know about shift-d,i'm am lerning now to model in mirror.
    I'm back with a try at a star wars x-wing some some touch from me.please comment.
    73061.jpg
    Something more.
    73069.jpg
    bb32.jpg 103.1K
    you should stay with one model and work on that.
    Otherwise it will be difficult to see your progress and to comment your work.

The X-Wing is a bit to smooth / round and i can't really tell where the Cockpit starts or ends.
    It could be some kind of improved X-Wing Version.
    Small update with my x-wing.ronin your right it's a new type of x-wing.
    73093.jpg73094.jpg
    i forgot in blender from where i turn the high resolution for the models.
    If you are talking about the render sizes you can set that by hitting F10 and the buttons panel changes to Render Properties.
  • subsurf is in the modifier stack :thumb:
    Ok one more update.opinions.some tips on how to texture my x-wing by components of the fighter.i know to texture,but this thing is becoming a problem.please comment.

P.s: I tried to solve this problem,but noting.angryy
    73094.jpg73143.jpg73144.jpg
    What do you think guys.please comment regarding the texturing.
    73198.jpg
    No offence dude but i would ditch the textures, finish it first but is still a great model.
    HERE IS A NEW UPDATE FOR THE FIRST REALLY IMPORTANT PROJECT FOR ME.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT IT.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WERE I CAN SEE TUTORIALS REGARDING THE DISCOMBULATOR IN BLENDER.I'VE STARTED USING IT BUT I HAVE PROBLEMS IMPLEMENTING IN THE PROJECT.THANK YOU FOR ANY COOMENT.:cool::cool::cool:
    73349.jpg73350.jpg73351.jpg73352.jpg
    Here's a tutorial from the original plugin designer.

Evan's Plugins -- Discombobulator Mini-Tut

gots it from teh goog.
    Lookin good man.
  • You are definitely improving!
    ONE SMALL UPDATE WITH FULL COMPLEMENT OF WEAPONS.PLEASE COMMENT.:cool::cool:
    73429.jpg73430.jpg73431.jpg
    It is amazing how far you have came from your first model, keep up the good work
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Looks good! Now add some more detailing to the hull.
    definitly improving ;)

there is some kind of shading-error, maybe a misaligned-Face at those extensions / wings.

might better look with a sunlight or 3-point Light. Maybe use global-illumination for now and read about 3-point Lighting some time.

How big is it ? maybe you can add a human-sized block in green / red just to see the proportions. That Bridge-Tower looks like it contains one or two decks at the top.

keep working
    Ok here is a update.I need some input regardind the hull plating.What do you think?please comment.Any advice is good.
    Ronin this batlecruiser has been inspired from Star Wars and the dimensions I was thinking are:700metres long and 220metres width.:cool:
    73509.jpg
    Try using two shades of grey or one of brown to highlight the plating a bit. i can't really say what part is the plating and what not.