Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DChildren of Sol WIPs

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    That looks awesome man, really interesting shape.
    And those dark renders look sexy.

also, o/ Pattern
  • dreamwalkerdreamwalker179 Posts: 189Member
    Now time for some textures...

About 50% done

/Me wishes 3ds max had a magic *MAEK TEXTURES BUTTAN* as UV unwrapping high poly models is a pain in the ass.

gyoshi7a-preview.jpg
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Looking nice! Although I notice you've left out some vertical protrusions on the fronts of the 'wings' which appeared in the concept art...
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 574Member
    I have ti say this has been my favourite thread for a long time im a big fan :-p
    Your work is original and I love the epic homeworld theme was that an influence?
    Great to see it still going what are using to model? Max?
    Anyway keep it up ill be watching from the shadows as usual!
    Aardwolf wrote: »
    Looking nice! Although I notice you've left out some vertical protrusions on the fronts of the 'wings' which appeared in the concept art...

Thanks for reminding me, I did a second concept sketch and this ended up being somewhere in between the two.
    Gyoshi_D_MK_II___III_by_dreamwa1ker.jpg
    liam887 wrote: »
    Anyway keep it up ill be watching from the shadows as usual!
    :flippy:
    Homeworlds a big influence, but so is Halo, Evangelion, Various artists and films, you'll come to see that i'll be working on multiple styles of ships each one with a specific style!

Also, thanks for the comments guys, i'm just about to start the print rendering (after I figure out the texture warps :@) hopefully, you should see something in the gallery tomorrow...

Anyway, he's progress from an hour ago...

gyoshi8-3-final.jpg
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    That awesome shiny metal look is almost exactly what I need for my Leviathan's main hull, which somehow I haven't managed to achieve yet... you said you're doing that with proper textures? Any trick to it? Would be nice to be able to replicate something like yours with procedurals for my wip. Yours looks great by the way.
    Syklon wrote: »
    That awesome shiny metal look is almost exactly what I need for my Leviathan's main hull, which somehow I haven't managed to achieve yet... you said you're doing that with proper textures? Any trick to it? Would be nice to be able to replicate something like yours with procedurals for my wip. Yours looks great by the way.
    No worries, I think the important things are...

1) High res texture map, High res reflection map (I use 6000 x 6000px)
    2) Vray (which I believe you use?)
    3) HDRI
    4) Really good secondary lighting and GI settings.

Texture map at 10%texmap1-low.jpg

GI Settings
    gi-set.jpg

Material Settings
    mat-set.jpg

I hope that helps :)
    That is fantastically useful, thank you! Will have to try it out next chance I get. :)
    trying to figure out the shape of my next ship.

It's called the Asgard, it's a super carrier and it's about 3-4km long...

Any comments on the design?
    asgard-preview.jpg
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    You don't see original looking stuff too often anymore that is both well designed as well as believable. Fantastic work!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    looks sword-like.
    And impressive, I like how the shape flows.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    It seems to evoke a feeling of the very far-far future.
    Thanks for the comments guys and appologies for the lack of updates.

I've just started work on what looks to be my hardest model to date.
    It's going to be hard to make this ship look "right", look big, and look formidable because the shape and the style of the concept have been pretty difficult to resolve....

+2 hours out of 200 ish..
    asgard2-1.jpg
    I'm actually going to thrash this concept.

I don't believe I could resolve the shape and the "so is that some kind of sex toy" comments where becoming pretty frequent.

This was the finished image.
    Asgard___Trashed_Concept_by_dreamwa1ker.jpg
    Ok, I'm back, but who knows for how long.

Started working on a design. Perhaps it's too bubblely to give it the sense of scale i'm after...
    What do you guys think??

It's the Asgard again, it's suppose to be a carrier 3-4km long.
    asgard-n.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    It looks freakin' unbeliveable ! :D I absolutely adore all of your designs just because they're so different from all the other stuff. I like the previous "toy" as well ... did you abandon it ?
    It looks freakin' unbeliveable ! :D I absolutely adore all of your designs just because they're so different from all the other stuff. I like the previous "toy" as well ... did you abandon it ?
    Yeah, the shape was all off and not many people liked it enough that I could tell.
    I like this one, reminds me a certain amount of the Hiigaran Battlecruiser (from Homeworld 2).
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    sweet work, looks very cool.
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Syklon wrote: »
    I like this one, reminds me a certain amount of the Hiigaran Battlecruiser (from Homeworld 2).

^ I was thinking that too! Lovely design!
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Your designs are brilliant! I like 'em all.. I'm sorry so many people reacted badly to your cruiser concept. I think all it needs are some scale details here and there, I'd love to see you tackle it, even at a later date. Just shelf it for now. Your fighters are really cool. What I like is that they really are 'space' fighters. I've been working on some concepts of my own, that I hope to nail someday soon.

Well done man.. they're original, genius designs!!
    Ozylot wrote: »
    ^ I was thinking that too! Lovely design!
    Funny you should say that, I actually started with the betusi design as the inspiration!
    lol, looks like i'm gunna scrap that concept! Hopefully i'll come up with something better...
    About 10 hours or so put into this...

What do you reckon?
    82184.jpg
  • ulkeshulkesh0 Posts: 0Member
    Run with it! Start detailing her up! :)
    I have an announcement to make...

I HAVE FINALLY SETTLED ON AN CONCEPT FOR THIS SHIP!

as-mock2.jpg

Time for another epic modelling mission...

On the image above you can see the cruiser bays (8x red) and starfighter bays (64x blue).

The mock up is done to scale, the ship itself is looking to be at the 4km long mark.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Can't wait to see you work this one :)

Btw, did you just paste that render onto the screencap, or is that a frameless image viewer?
    Nope, those where copy and pasted in photoshop.

Asgard-2-1-preview.jpg
    Base mesh completed. I estimate 200 hours for detailing... (damn you fractal for raising the bar so high)
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    It's really ... thin. Like I'm afraid I'm gonna break this thing thin.
    Hmmm, well in my mind, i've seen a number ships of a certain size have similar proportions.

Case in point.

SuperSDs.png