Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DJJPrise again.

nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Started this new project yesterday evening, I think you know what this is going to be.
For reference I use some screencaps and a side view ortho. More material especially orthos, hints and suggestions are very welcome.

The third pic is a sneak peek to my other project, that I'm working on since a couple of days. Except from some official screen caps there is NO reference so far. Because of that, progress is tough.

I hope I will finish both within this year. :D
Next step will be those hell of bussard fan blades. I don't just yet have any idea how to start with that.
Update will follow soon.
Post edited by nightfever on
Tagged:

• BartolomeusBartolomeus171 Posts: 0Member
    Great looking models Nightfever. The Enterprise warp nacelle looks amazing so far. Both models are really smooth. Cant wait to see more updates of the Enterprise.

Marko
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    The starbase looks great. :) It's more detailed than mine...
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW this is fantastic cant wait for the update BTW why did you say you hope you will finish both by the end of this year?
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Marvelous, especially that starbase.
    I'd love to see a Kelvin-esque Daedalus. :p
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice warp engine, shiny. :)
  • nightfevernightfever361 Posts: 585Member
    Thanks to all.
    Again, any link to reference material will be appreciated.
    <:K.I.S:> wrote: »
    WOW this is fantastic cant wait for the update BTW why did you say you hope you will finish both by the end of this year?

Cause I have some other projects and lighting challenges to finish, and some other none 3D hobbys. And mentioned before, very less good references.
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Well you're off to a great start with the nacelle caps. I suppose this model must present a lot of challenges, and a lot of opportunities to learn new skills.
    Thanks for the links, they help a lot.

Update: Modeling of the nacelle is nearly finished. Just need to add some smaller details on the rear fins and on the top of the forward bump.
    The upload didn't take the second pic, so here it is.
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW that is just fantastic :thumb:
  • tippy1000tippy10000 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    very nice start. more pics please ..... !!!!
    :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    [Mr. SpockA’s voice]F A S C I N A T I N G...
  • BartolomeusBartolomeus171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking outstanding!! Very nice work!

Marko
    Thanks to all.

Except from probable corrections in the future and texturing, the nacelle is done.
    Next one will be the engineering section.
  • neandertalneandertal171 Posts: 0Member
    Really good.
    But I still not like the end of the jjprise engine. Why a "rocket" at the end of the engine and impulse engine in the saucer section?
    But You really do a great work.
  • NebulaNebula342 MichiganPosts: 43Member
    neandertal wrote: »
    Really good.
    But I still not like the end of the jjprise engine. Why a "rocket" at the end of the engine and impulse engine in the saucer section?
    But You really do a great work.

umm the TOS Ent had the same setup on its warp nacelle...
    I can't recall what the name of it was though....
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I'm sure Scotty himself would love that nacelle. nice job.
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    One quick thing about the nacelle, you might wanna check the references on the overhang above the bussard collector, you don't quite have the fore part of it right.

Of course Scotty would love it. It's ample. ;)
    I see again many episodes of TOS. In a few episodes the engine has a rocket at rear but the majority of the episodes the engine ends on a bubble.
    The idea is that "warp" is a pure field effect.
    The "rocket" is more visual for a film.

Your work is really good, the main problem is that i like "old fashion" style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I have a tech question for anyone who wants to field it. I was wondering does the Warp Nacelle push or pull the ship through space. I never dug deep enuff to know.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    atomicship wrote: »
    I have a tech question for anyone who wants to field it. I was wondering does the Warp Nacelle push or pull the ship through space. I never dug deep enuff to know.

Neither! It first creates a "bubble" that traps an area of normal space that the ship exists in while in warp. It then creates an area of space in the front of the ship that is "shrinking" or colapsing, and an area to the aft that is "growing" or expanding. Its that colapsing and expanding affect that then moves the bubble of normal space with the ships actually stationary in that bubble. Hence scotty's remark about never thinking of space as what was actually moving. Hope that helps.
    Search about alcubierre Drive in Wikipedia.
    Is very similar to warp drive of enterprise
    Search about Krasnikov tube also.
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    By the way, a fantastic reference for this ship is the Experience the Enterprise site if you have a webcam.
    Just started with the engineering section and deflector. It took me some time to get right method for modeling the overlapping hull parts. I think it looks good so far. The dish isn't final.
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    liking the hull part. the inner workings look great, that is what i am working on too
    Back from a short vacation in Berlin, I can finally give you an update:

First, the nacelle has been nearly finished. I'll rework the back fins one day, cause I'm not completely satisfied with them.

Second, the engineering and neck is WIP as you can see.

Third, for a change I started with the saucer.