Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DImperial Prussian assault frigate

• AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    Here are the orthos I was asked to render. Due to the limitations for the image size the picture has a rather low resolution. If someone needs a picture with a higher resolution please PM me.
    75795.jpg
    srspicercaveat_imperator
    During the last week I did some sketches for the Prussian's homeworld - the icemoon "Boreas". Here are two renderings of the final concept...
    75796.jpg75797.jpg
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    The more I look at this ship, the more I'm loving it. Nice crisp details and awesome panel textures. It really conveys the size of the vessel. I think I'll experiment with that for the Anubis, model only the large sections and do the smaller panels with good diffuse, specular and dump/displacement maps. Good stuff, good stuff.
  • Absolutely beautiful work on this frigate. I love the realistic feel to it, in some ways it looks more like a submarine but its got a great look and design. Excellent work!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Aww exiled on an icemoon?

The model is looking spectacular! (textures too, of course)
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Have it fight this.
    Atomic Rocket: Art Gallery
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome, on both the frigate and the planet.
  • citizencitizen171 Posts: 0Member
    Ice world looks great! Is this orbiting a Gas Giant?
  • Vlasta BartVlasta Bart0 Posts: 0Member
    Alnair wrote: »
    Here are the orthos I was asked to render. Due to the limitations for the image size the picture has a rather low resolution. If someone needs a picture with a higher resolution please PM me.

Anair, much thanks for a beautiful render. Yes for the construction of a physical model, scale 1 / 144, it's really a small resolution, please send bigestly (higher resolution) to: vlastabart(at:devil:)gmail.com
    I would like to catch all for the competition model German master, May 2010 (Internet Service for Individuals and Business Internet Service - www.com. german-model-masters.de/html/der_wettbewerb.html)
    citizen wrote: »
    Ice world looks great! Is this orbiting a Gas Giant?

Here is a first draft... ;)
    75844.jpg
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Man, that would do Chesley Bonestell proud.
    Mach Crit wrote: »
    Man, that would do Chesley Bonestell proud.

Thank you very much for the flowers!
  • Orion's beltOrion's belt0 Posts: 0Member
    cool so do the Prussians have any enemies. Also what type of civilization do they have on Boreas
    cool so do the Prussians have any enemies. Also what type of civilization do they have on Boreas

At the moment an excellent author is writing an introduction to the scenario. More as soon as he grants me to unveil additional information.
    guess i must be patient then. any other ships on the horizon after this? I could see the Prussians Ice mining on that moon
    I'd like to see a cruiser done by you. I guess I'll just have to wait though.

I can't wait to hear more of this story though.
    guess i must be patient then. any other ships on the horizon after this? I could see the Prussians Ice mining on that moon

The texturing of the frigate isn't finished yet. But I have already collected ideas for a few other models. One new project is in the pipeline... ;)
    salsa wrote: »
    I'd like to see a cruiser done by you. I guess I'll just have to wait though.

I can't wait to hear more of this story though.

In this universe the ship classes are based upon the warship classifications from the 19th and early 20th century. The Thetis is a Fifth Rate Heavy Frigate. Her today's class would be a Light Cruiser. ;)
    Ship of the line then?
    I would say a frigate
    salsa wrote: »
    Ship of the line then?

Is on my to-do-list. But first I will model one of the (potential) foes. The ship is already in the making...
  • blackmambablackmamba0 Posts: 0Member
    great work man are those planets a back ground option for the ship?
    blackmamba wrote: »
    great work man are those planets a back ground option for the ship?

Yes. I'm planning to create the entire solar system for different scenes. My only problem is: too many ideas and not enough time to realize all of them...
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Have it fight this.
    Atomic Rocket: Art Gallery
    I'd actually like to have images of the Imperial Prussian assault frigate in that gallery.
    Hello my friends,

RL has limited my spare time drastically in the last month so progress of this project was rather slow. But I managed to work through some excellent Softimage ICE tutorials so I finally got a clue of how to work with Softimage's advanced particle system. This WIP is almost finished, maybe I will refine a few textures and materials in the next weeks. But for the now I will concentrate on compositing a few decent pictures for nyrath's site...
    79891.jpg79892.jpg79893.jpg79894.jpg
    caveat_imperator
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Alnair wrote: »
    But for the now I will concentrate on compositing a few decent pictures for nyrath's site...
    Looking forwards to it!
  • KhayKhay0 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see you back. Looks really gorgeous.
  • Breech BlockBreech Block0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW! Awesome model. Great renders too. In addition, I must admit to having found the entire thread thoroughly entertaining with some great debates on designtacticsphysics. Not much that I can add that hasn't already been said. But from my own perspective, as someone relatively new to 3D, I find your work very inspirational and it certainly helps me stay on track when I'm finding the learning curve getting a bit steep. Many thanks for taking the time to post and share your work.
    Thank you guys! This project isn't finished yet. Currently I'm preparing background props for scenes. In addition I have started several design studies for the next projects. The Prussian's universe will be the background for these models as well.
  • wminsingwminsing171 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, not sure why I didn't see the renders until now, but they are fantastic!

-Will