Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DImperial Prussian assault frigate

• TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Alnair wrote: »
    Thank you very much! I will do my best to justify the honor!

You already did, that's why you're on the header ;)
  • citizencitizen171 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking great, and congrats on the header!
  • Mister KMister K171 Posts: 0Member
    very, very nice! :D
  • AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    A few more pics. I'm struggling a bit with MR rendering artifacts. I have to read my MR book again to get these issues under control.
    69944.jpg69945.jpg69946.jpg
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Will it have robots? I find our world does not have enough.
    Will it have robots? I find our world does not have enough.

The ship is highly automated and has a few autonomous repair units aka robots.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah that's amazing ! :thumb: The textures in the third pic are brilliant !
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Frakkin' awesome, and congrats on the well-deserved header! :)
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    The ship is highly automated and has a few autonomous repair units aka robots.

Then I am pleased. You may carry on.

Congrats on the header!:)
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    looking fantastic mate, loving the textures:thumb:
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I like how you've varied the panel colors slightly. The burn marks by the RCS thrusters is really cool too. How'd you do that?
    Mikey-B wrote: »
    I like how you've varied the panel colors slightly. The burn marks by the RCS thrusters is really cool too. How'd you do that?

The hull's basic shader is MR's anisotropic shader. The direction of the specular reflection is defined with a greyscale panel texture. For the variation of the hull's color I'm mixing that bitmap with the color texture. So each panel gets a different color tint in addition to the anisotropic effect. The burn marks are another texture layer mixed with the color texture. The different textures are all hand painted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Excellent.
  • blackmambablackmamba0 Posts: 0Member
    thats one cool space ship.
    and i count 3 type`s of missiles.

:thumb:
    I'm currently working on the engine section. Updates will follow in a few days... ;)
    Updates (at least a few ;)). I'm still struggling with very annoying rendering artifacts. It seems as if the bump mapping is generating wrong specular reflections depending on the camera's angle. That's quite strange...
    70617.jpg70618.jpg70620.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    She's a beauty of a design Alnair, The textureing looks to be coming along well. Any ideas for scenes when your done?
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Coming along nicely mate, she's a beaut.
    She's a beauty of a design Alnair, The textureing looks to be coming along well. Any ideas for scenes when your done?

I'm currently collecting ideas for scenes, so if you have something special in mind...
    This is really gorgeous. The design has a wonderful hard science realism, and your texturing is subtle and top-notch. One comment: maybe a darker color or at least some scorching on the insides of the main engine nozzles to suggest they've been fired a few times?
    This is really gorgeous. The design has a wonderful hard science realism, and your texturing is subtle and top-notch. One comment: maybe a darker color or at least some scorching on the insides of the main engine nozzles to suggest they've been fired a few times?

Thank you! :) The engines will be the next objects that will be textured. At the moment I'm working hard to finish the fuselage of the engine section.
  • Skyraider3DSkyraider3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool model! The blast stains on the textures are a nice touch.
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    I'm currently collecting ideas for scenes, so if you have something special in mind...

A cool scene would be seeing this thing connecting to a supply station...
    A cool scene would be seeing this thing connecting to a supply station...

That's a good idea! But first I have to finish her. ;) I'm currently working on a bunch of smaller details I wasn't totally satisfied with. Updates will follow...
    This is VERY impressive! Keep it up!
    it keeps on getting better man :thumb:

but a question dos the ring rotated or is it just a hardpoint for extra weapons?
    blackmamba wrote: »
    it keeps on getting better man :thumb:

but a question dos the ring rotated or is it just a hardpoint for extra weapons?

The ring is fixed. It houses a vast array of internal antennas and ECM devices. The hardpoints for the drone launchers are only an extra benefit. The main hull accommodates a small internal centrifuge for the crew.
    Here are new updates. I changed a few details. Texturing is getting along quite good. In the next weeks I will have more spare time. So the project will certainly progress a bit faster.
    71125.jpg71126.jpg
    fantastic! Are you adding a spec channel to the panels? There doesn't appear o be any
    thnx for the info nice up dates