Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis III (Rainmaker)

13»

• gusdorfgusdorf175 Posts: 51Member
    looks fantastic! great work
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    thats amazing. except the waves are gigantic, relative to the city.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yeah need to scale down the waves, Also use the mix tool in the shaders to break up the wave size and pattern. And make that mix move a little. In one direction. That would give the impression of wind and currents.

Another thing i did with my water was to try and add wave wakes. Using the bump map crunch the white really tightly. You can use that as a mask to grab the tips of the waves... Adding a white to the tips make them look like waves at a distance.

Another thing I did was to make a conformed shape outline of the city in the water and applied an animated wave texture to it. So it looks a little like the water is interacting with the city.

But your model is far more detailed than mine. i would say though for the pier main sections. Maybe UV wrap them and make proper textures. Using a cloned texture for the buildings is fine but the platforms could do with a little extra detail.

The TV shows city didn’t do this in the earlier versions but you can always do it for yours and it adds realism and detail.

One other thing. Please please please don’t do the same mistake they did on the show and use a generic tiled orange spotted light map for the night time scenes. The orange lights where all over the place and looked terrible. You had lit windows in solid concrete and in places there simply wouldn’t be windows. It was just wrong :p Instead make a night time version of your window textures and use that instead. Adding any extra light where its due using omnis.
    Hope this seems helpful :)
    Still looks great
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    Man does it look good. Like nutsy said got to make your waves smaller because it makes your city look very small when it shold look masive. Other than that keep at it and you,ll get your perfection...they say third time is a charm!
  • AtlanteanAtlantean0 Posts: 0Member
    Nutsy wrote: »
    Yeah need to scale down the waves, Also use the mix tool in the shaders to break up the wave size and pattern. And make that mix move a little. In one direction. That would give the impression of wind and currents.

Another thing i did with my water was to try and add wave wakes. Using the bump map crunch the white really tightly. You can use that as a mask to grab the tips of the waves... Adding a white to the tips make them look like waves at a distance.

Another thing I did was to make a conformed shape outline of the city in the water and applied an animated wave texture to it. So it looks a little like the water is interacting with the city.

But your model is far more detailed than mine. i would say though for the pier main sections. Maybe UV wrap them and make proper textures. Using a cloned texture for the buildings is fine but the platforms could do with a little extra detail.

The TV shows city didnA’t do this in the earlier versions but you can always do it for yours and it adds realism and detail.

One other thing. Please please please donA’t do the same mistake they did on the show and use a generic tiled orange spotted light map for the night time scenes. The orange lights where all over the place and looked terrible. You had lit windows in solid concrete and in places there simply wouldnA’t be windows. It was just wrong :p Instead make a night time version of your window textures and use that instead. Adding any extra light where its due using omnis.
    Hope this seems helpful :)
    Still looks great

Thanks for the tips Nutsy! :-D
    And don't worry, I wont do the whole window lights on the antennas, floor and everything else thing :-P
    I think I'm getting there with the ocean. Here's a couple of shots.
    Please let me know if you guys think it's still to big, or maybe to small. I don't know anymore, my perspective is contaminated :-S
    80414.jpg80415.jpg80416.jpg
  • AtlanteanAtlantean0 Posts: 0Member
    OK, here we go again with the ocean.
    Hope you find the scale more appropriate this time ;-)
    80715.jpg
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. The water looks much better, but there is something wrong with the lighting with the tip of the peers. Its maybe the sun light reflection on the water to the peer thats missing but it just bthers my eye Lol. The city just looks amazing as usual!!!
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    what Program are you using to make this?

btw its fonominaly done :)

i would hounestly pay if it was in 3ds max to beadle to have a copy of it lol.

yes David im back lol..
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    how is your atlantis looking?