Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMSD, Wells Class

Cdr_HensleyCdr_Hensley0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2012 in Finished Work #1
MSD, Wells Class

I'm Capt Hensley, of the USS Pabilli, a Wells Class Time Ship.

I've been working in Adobe CS3, Illustrator creating Deck plans and ultimatly a nice Canon as possible MSD, I'm looking for anyone who is working on a simalr project to compare notes with. 2D, 3D, Game or Nongame work that is as close to canon as possible. However any work will be stimulating.

I am a Senior Member of Okudagrams.com, and to this point all my work is exclusivly posted there. I have posted this WIP to give you an idea of how committed to this project I am. BTW it's part of my Masters thesis.

So please any help is welcome, however I have the Relativity episode on DVD, so screen caps from the show are not neccessary. I have also studied ADGES panels, so his work is also a known factor. Otherwise the sky is the limit. All input will be appeciated. Upon completion of my project I plan to make all the work public on my web site. If you help me with source material now I may by pursuaded to relinquish some of my work now.

DEIF and Kmpr_Rak of Okudagrams are great friends and have made contributions, they will vouch for my sincerity.

This preview is old but gives the general idea, I have made many updates to the deck plans, and this MSD. With everyday it gets closer to canon. Your help can make it better. Thanks
60230.jpg
Post edited by Cdr_Hensley on
Tagged:

• BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Looks good so far. I don't know if you should include the communicator logo on the MSD, unless it was shown on the Relativity one. Also, you may want to change the credits from in-MSD text to a watermark overlay. If you don't know how to do that, just type your credit text in a new layer over the MSD, rotate it to a 45-degree angle, and reduce the opacity to 20%.
  • Cdr_HensleyCdr_Hensley0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks BA, As indicated this is an old version of the MSD, rest assured the final product will have all non-canon inclusions removed. Yes I think I can watermark in AI CS3 You have seen the majority of my work in Okudagrams.com Nice to see you here, and offering me the C&C. Thanks once again.
  • Nell 3DNell 3D375 Posts: 125Member
    exelent... i cant see more???
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    What exactly is the topic of your masters thesis if I may ask?
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    very nice. once question.
    Why do you have only a landing gear at the front, and one that would be so short it would not touch the floor, as the deflector dish is higher than the legs would be able to extened?
    Nell 3D wrote: »
    exelent... i cant see more???

Yes there is a great deal more, but right now I'm pretty exclusive to Okudagrams.com. (free to join, guest accounts are available, but my work is in membership only thread.) I will put together a better set of teasers, but since it's still very much a work in progress, even the teasers will be misleading to a certain point.

I'm sure anyone who has been doing graphics from scratch with limited resource material like me can attest. It's not the imagination it's the evolution that seems to get in the way. There always seems to be a better way to do it.
    Melak wrote: »
    What exactly is the topic of your masters thesis if I may ask?
    Thesis Statement Paraphrased:

Compare and Contrast late 29th century Sci-Fi Treknology with the 20th century non-fiction equivalents. (specifically the Wells Class time ship depicted in the 3rd season episode of ST Voyager called "Relitivity")

Expand on the Sci-Fi Treknology and develop your own Sci-Fi Treknology to complement the missing pieces assumed present, and canon pieces depicted.

Assemble and present Sci-Fi hard evidence that supports your conclusions. Root your conclusions in the known 20th century technology, science, biology, and physics, prove the fictional things have fiber and basis. Current Theorhetical studies are permitted as evidence.

Publish your findings in a public forum. (preferably a recognized format like a book.)

So you see I have my work cut out for me. I am 7 Months into the research, construction, and writing of the new project.

There will be two products from my labor. A Tech Manual, and a full set of ortho graphic deck plans.

I wrote a backstory four years ago, submitted it to Paramount/CBS two years ago, and was shot down this summer. But all is not lost on the story. It became the basis for my new line of study.

Keep in mind I'm a hack-amature, and Star Trek fan, but not a Trekkie.
    Freak wrote: »
    very nice. once question.
    Why do you have only a landing gear at the front, and one that would be so short it would not touch the floor, as the deflector dish is higher than the legs would be able to extened?

Thank you for asking.

The gear are telescopic (3, like present day aircraft), based on a polymerized alloy that colapse nicely into the space provided by two or three decks of height. But most Trek fans can appreciate the fact that actually landing a Star ship, or Time ship is not practical or encouraged, and very rarely imortalized on film. And while archaic in nature, they still have a purpose. They consume area in the ship, are by design functional and have basis in canon reference. The Wells Class, USS Pabilli, (My ship) is the only Federation ship to use it's gear in 300 years of space travel. Or so my story says. (it has the bold "James Kirk would do that", feel to it) You really need to see what I have come up with, quite comical, "Big Bird" style chicken feet (sort of) unstable looking, landing stilts. But hey, show me the canon stuff, where it goes, and I'll put it in like it should be. Give me canon or I'll just run with my own ideas as if they were canon.

PS. Don't forget your looking at very unfinished WIP above.
    60537.png
  • FriedebarthFriedebarth0 Posts: 0Member
    Erm... ...for it to be canon, you would need to have more room displayed on the MSD than hull, because of the time-space tempiterial shift...

Looks good though!
    Erm... ...for it to be canon, you would need to have more room displayed on the MSD than hull, because of the time-space tempiterial shift...

Looks good though!

Far out, some more feedback, Do you have an example I can use for reference, (that is not from the relativity epi)
    WIP Update, all decks

I've posted this in Bridge Commander Central as well, a little old but small enough to post.
    62932.png
    Thanks this is why I joined, to get some perspective.
    ok, here I send you the model of class wells, is in 3dsmax, the folder is also a collection of reference images I used to assemble the model, I hope you enjoy and please send me the high resolution levels of the class that has wells in the forum SciFi-mesh, and good luck with your thesis.

check your mail
    Wow! This looks really neat, like an X-Ray. Everything I have is in Adobe Illustrator CS4. It's all 2D right now, and sadly, it's not complete. You need to join Okudagrams to see more. I won't release the drawings until after I'm done. But rest assured the source files WILL BE RELEASED! Yor really did a great job assembling the layers. Thanks for the unique view.

PM checked, no messages.
    :thumb: ok... look your mail now... :thumb:
    The skins on this model offer some unique views I've always been curios about. Thanks.

Still no PMs but you can try sending to this address

[email protected]
    This is the top and bottom of the Wells Class USS Pabilli, NCV-595846A as I have fleshed it out in 2D (Adobe Illustrator CS4), I have not made the other views as of yet. I'm very reluctant to post these, they are not done yet.

The file size limitation in this forum is very small, too small.

My resource images are caps from the VOY DVD episode "Relativity" and Adam Heinbuch's drawing set which is very close.

It can be found here:
    http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/blueprints/time/original/pencil.gif
    63255.png63256.png
    remanded the zip file to your mail, again ... I hope you find it useful.
    Just an observation, all of my canon source files do not indicate intakes or collectors inboard of the wing hinges. I'd be interested in seeing the reference source for those areas. Nothing in the ST:M or episode elude to the possibility. The only matter intake is at the apex of the ship. Is this a modification you have made on the model?
    sorry but I did not understand your last message, I do not speak English, I translate with "google language" Please avoid abbreviations and slang, that the program does not translate well, sorry for the inconvenience ... I just want to help.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Spanish...
    Bordes principales de las alas se iluminan de color azul. A?Por quAc?
    No se hace referencia imA!genes o DVD Relitivity episodio de este show.
    A?CuA!l es su fuente para la luz?

Yo no hablo espaA±ol, y entiendo el google traductor no hace un buen trabajo con InglAcs Americano.

English...
    Leading edges of the wings glow blue. Why?
    No reference pictures, or DVD episode of Relitivity show this.
    What is your source for the glow?

I do not speak spanish, and I understand the google translator does not do a good job with american english.
    razon asul.jpg

thanks for translating the message, was very useful, light blue version of the futuristic turbines warp of vessels from ST, the DVD may not
    noted, but this is the original author of relativity, conceived than that, I send the link to the page of the author, received the mail to you? winzip a file attachment, it includes references to use I
    model

3D Design

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    63399.jpg
    Yes, the above is correct.

The attached is not.
    63484.png
    ok, there are two versions of the ship, the first version of "Brandom
    macdugal "was light in the place indicated, but in the final version of
    "Paramount" changed glow to the place that you please ... if not