Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis V6.0

• SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Here's a crappy crappy composite just to show the overall city. I can only render sections off now :(

layer3ja6.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    great job SGA 3D!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    if you need help rendering images, just let me know, be more than happy to bring my machine to bear on this.
  • MaxumXMaxumX0 Posts: 0Member
    copy that.

nice work, do yo uhave any plans on doing the bottom of the ship? or you sticking city side?
  • RusDragonRusDragon0 Posts: 0Member
    its sooo awesome plzz send me it on [email protected] i macking a movie and i realy need a help viz 3d models <:) (in clasik format i cant remember the eksakly name of it <:) ) ps sooory for my bad english <:)
  • hoktarhoktar0 Posts: 1Member
    Haha sorry but I love these kind of requests^^
    "Send me your model to ........... cause i really want it!" Oh and very important, many friendly smileys :) :) :) :)
    But he really seems to think that he will get it since he provides everything necessary.

Looks great btw. Chris ;)!
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    hoktar wrote: »
    Haha sorry but I love these kind of requests^^
    "Send me your model to ........... cause i really want it!" Oh and very important, many friendly smileys :) :) :) :)
    But he really seems to think that he will get it since he provides everything necessary.

Looks great btw. Chris ;)!

agreed there
    i admit i poke the question just for asking sake but don't bug me if the author don't its still his mesh

looking good
    keep it up Chris :thumb:
    Haha thanks :)

The model will not be getting released. Well it will be. But only to a select few that deserve it and dont ask lol.
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    SGA-3D wrote: »
    Haha thanks :)

The model will not be getting released. Well it will be. But only to a select few that deserve it and dont ask lol.

Chris

got an question would u be interested in using my spec sheet that i have for Atlantis. i can send it to u if u want to have an look at it.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    RusDragon wrote: »
    its sooo awesome plzz send me it on [email protected] i macking a movie and i realy need a help viz 3d models <:) (in clasik format i cant remember the eksakly name of it <:) ) ps sooory for my bad english <:)
    Yeah, i would love to get this model; but i dont expect to get it simply bec i ask nicely, and sometimes i may even inquire if a general release is likely, but not out of the blue like this- :lol:

some people should just be banned from the internet, plain and simple! :devil:

@chris: nice update man, cant wait till you get the necessary RAM for a full-city render!
  • FienderFiender0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks even better that the Atlantis in the show! That is both a compliment and a sad truth (To the show).
    Fiender wrote: »
    Looks even better that the Atlantis in the show! That is both a compliment and a sad truth (To the show).

Not to diminish chris' great work, but the show cant add some of the bells and whistles to their renders like he can, due to time and money issues.:thumb:

But this really does look great! whats the poly count at?
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    still, this mesh is probably more accurate and consistent than the various revisions used in the show over the years.
    Chris, hope you can get the full render working. It would be a shame to let something as beautiful as your creation stop here. Are you sure you won't be doing the star drive? I find that aspect of the city facinating, its what makes it even more unique, the fact that the city flies.

Keep up the hard work I love everything you do:thumb:

-ZeroPointBatteries

Even in Atlantis you have to change the batteries
    Well full city renders is still touch and go unfortunately
    It depends on what mood my laptop seems to be in
    I've managed to get the total poly count down to around about 800-900,000 without sacrificing too much detail.

For now heres a render of one of the piers. I've modified some of the texturing and added a few more towers/buildings :)

largepier.jpg
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Chris! Have you ever thought about rendering in sections with an alpha, then comp it all together in photoshop?
    Cheers Vilandra :)
    Actually it was after seeing your latest animation that inspired me to get going with my city again :)
    I did that for the last full city render that I made. I gets a bit tricky when it comes to sections of the city that overlap but it works. It seems they sometimes did that for promotional wallpapers and some of the city shots for the show, namely the aerial view that was used often in the early seasons.
  • solariesolarie0 Posts: 0Member
    If it has any interests here are the first concept drawing of the Atlantis base.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/ancient_city.jpg
    It were also the drawing of it to the TV show, I also had one other drawing of it ill see if I can find it again.

Found it, it was never used tho top picture at the site.
    http://www.mondolithic.com/?m=200904&paged=2

also this one.
    http://www.mondolithic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/atlantis-early-city-design.jpg
    Actually, isn't that a concept sketch for the game theyre making? Only the control tower style towers seem to match the later "Atmosphere" model :S

I have these concept atlantis images. I like the giant snowflake one actually. OK it looks like someone has just gone a bit overboard with the greeble plugin, but its a shame that the city in the show didnt match the scale.

atlantisearlycitydesign.jpg

00pixstargateatlantis.jpg
  • solariesolarie0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah the first one is the game but I read some were that it was also a concept to the TV show. If that is a 100% right or not I can’t say.
    Any way love the base really nice I also like the lights.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Great work Chris, superb lighting!
    Why cant you render the whole city together?
    Arnt you using 64bit?
    Unfortunately not :(
    Have you tryed 64bit max?
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Nutsy wrote: »
    Have you tryed 64bit max?

he needs a 64bit OS to run 3ds max 64bit.
    exactly lol
    ive only got the standard windows vista.
  • experiment442experiment4420 Posts: 0Member
    There's great work going on in this thread. There's one thing about your last render though, some of the lights ust come out as a blurish blob, try turning them down a bit, might make it look a bit better. Overall its a good model.
  • SGA-3D wrote: »
    exactly lol
    ive only got the standard windows vista.

Well you know what to do then :)
    Whip out your 64bit disk or aquire it... And install 64bit vista :)

Oh and its perfectly ligit to "aquire" the iso of vista 64 as long as your key is ligit. The keys are transferable to 64bit Vista
  • Nutsy wrote: »
    Oh and its perfectly ligit to "aquire" the iso of vista 64 as long as your key is ligit. The keys are transferable to 64bit Vista

First off, awesome. Thanks for the information ;)

Yet another awesome mesh here from one of the gods. . . but this is a community of them, so what I say doesn't really mean all that much. Great work, keep it up :thumb:
    Well long time no updates
    and this isnt an update per se, but a preview of the low..ish poly version of this city that i have made. Just under 100,000 polys better textured than the last low poly version still allowing for some close ups without too much loss of quality.
    The Control Tower remains the high poly version to allow for closeup shots.

lp1m.jpg

lp2h.jpg

lp3z.jpg