Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis V6.0

• VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Chris. Im curious, how do you create your blended horizon between the sea and sky? is this something you do in post? I could never get mind to blend together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    *goes to delete his Atlantis mesh*
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Vilandra: just fog lol. Just a little bit of fog, not too dense in the distance matching the colour of the sky just above the horizon. It has been made better accidently in the post production, like adding the bloom and light spill.

@ Nutsy: dont lol. Your Atlantis is far superior to mine. In fact, I'm only redoing mine to make it worth presenting next to yours.
    Your kidding right? Your one looks far better already. Your window texture alone is better than mine. Buildings are already far better detailed than mine :)

Ok i wont delete mine but seriously yours is already better... Not to mention. Better optimized than mine
    i can already say i want it
    Just outstanding! Keep up the superb work!
  • PhaserPhaser0 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely amazing work. Your renders are beautiful, too! I've dabbled in the effect you use to get the photo-realistic look of those shots, so I feel special. But I could never model anything close to this. Again, awesome work.
  • BridgerBridger341 Posts: 22Member
    Hi SGA-3D pleace delete some of your private masseges because i would like too offer you something special
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome Mesh Man!!!! :thumb::cool:
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    Dare I say this possibly looks better than the studio one so far? Commendations are in order SGA for managing to stay sane while you work on it. :)
    how many poylies are you at right now?
    Sorry for the long delay. With Christmas over I can finally get back to working on this.

Currently the poly count stands at around 900,000, with the greebling starting to go in.

There's a quick render of the piers starting to take shape (one of the smaller piers needs modifying still so that it joins with one of the larger piers still), and I have rendered a quick animation to test the effect of the night lights. It appears to have been darkened a fair bit and lost a fair bit of quality in the upload though.

citywip1og6.jpg

th_NightAtl.jpg
    great work and nice animation!
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    great animation! can't wait to see this model finished!
    may i ask how did you create the background (moon...) in the animation?
  • RiserRiser0 Posts: 0Member
    OMG - loving the video :)
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    nice animation you make there ^^
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Great lighting from what we can see through the compression, nice camera move as well mate, could do with staying with the tower a few seconds longer, but that's just me..

Great work.

The background was something i quickly threw together in photoshop lol and you can tell. And Actually, the lighting was terrible haha, only 2 lights were used. I will spend a lot more time on it, because i hope to pull off a nice quality animation.

26767530hy6.jpg

And heres a close up shot of one of the smaller piers (some items are still placeholders):

piersmallzg4.jpg
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Thank you for the answer!
    Are you going to create some amazing little buildings likes vilandra did with his atlantis version, so you can take some awesome close up shots?
    Well I dont think my laptop can handle that lol, I'm only running on a 1.6GHz Core 2 Duo and 1.5 Gigs of RAM lol, though there is some detail in those little buildings in the piers.
    More :)

piersmallpq7.jpg
    are you planing to make the bottom of the ship?
    are you going with the unfinished 3 Engine version or the finished 6 engine version?
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good Chris! Its starting to take shape now.
    Thanks :). I dont think I will be doing the stardrive just yet, simply because I wont use it. The city looks far more interesting at the top than the bottom even in the outerspace shots. Max is already having a hard time rendering the city lol. It keeps running out of memory to be able to render the shadows and thats just trying to render the city as it is without water. I shall have to see if I can find a work around.
    are you using scanline or MR? One of the best things I learned in MR was that in the processing panel you can adjust the memory usage. Really helps. Plus if you're getting the "Mental ray has run out of memory" popup then it's not actually out of memory, it's an error. There is something wrong with one of your materials. I ran into the same thing working on Valhalla.

Just an idea. I would hate to see this project come to an end before it's done. :thumb:
    Im still way behind and using Scanline lol. It's always worked in the past so why fix what isnt broken eh?

For now I'll just have to render off in layers and composite them together (as the seemingly did for the early promo shots of the city in the scifi wallpapers) until i go out and buy another gig RAM chip for the laptop because 2 GB is unfortunately the maximum my laptop can support :( .

I could also go back and texture in some of the tiny details that will never really be noticed and remodel some of the towers to reduce the amount of polies just to try and help.
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh yes! I understand you: I have a laptop with 2,2ghzAmd dualcore and 2 gb RAM and thats not very mutch^^
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I do have to say anyone who attempts atlantis is very brave, and i know there are a few wips on here. All looking great i might say..

I just wish someone would try a real model of the city. Not to sound too geeky but id love a scale model of atlantis on my desk at work...
    I just wish someone would try a real model of the city. Not to sound too geeky but id love a scale model of atlantis on my desk at work...[/QUOTE]

Agreed
  • BridgerBridger341 Posts: 22Member
    Looks really amazing canA’t wait too see the finished model