Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRepublic Victory-class Star Destroyer

FoxGirlJadeFoxGirlJade171 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all, first post here, hope I'm doing this right ^^;

This is a new model I've started, a ALTERNATE UNIVERSE Republic Victory-class Star Destroyer, from a story I've been working on.

If it's ok, I'd like to get some feedback on my work on it so far ^^

VictoryStarDestroyer-2.jpg

VictoryStarDestroyer2-1.jpg

VictoryStarDestroyer3.jpg

VictoryStarDestroyer4.jpg

Enjoy ^^
Post edited by FoxGirlJade on
Tagged:

• EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    I quite like it, aside from the really long "tail."
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Well I believe you can never have enough star destroyers. I much prefer your model to the typical version that's been around for years. The engine exhausts look a little plump for my tastes but overall its a sweet design.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I like the long tail. It counters the long ass nose.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It's a Venator, not a Victory.
    The Victory looks like the Imperium-class Star Destroyer, only a had smaller and with fins on the side.

Nice work so far.
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    No, that's definitely not a Venator. Didn't you read the whole "Alternate Universe" bit in the first post? It's quite similar to the Venator, but still very different. I actually like this better than the actualy Venator, to be honest.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    It looks a lot like the Venator-class concept art I've seen (which looks really nice).

CLICKY

CLICKY

I'm interested to see how this develops :)
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    I love it. The elongated shape makes it somewhat of a step between the regular Republic Destroyer and the Legacy SD. Any chance of some ortho shots??
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    Wow
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow didn't anyone notice that it's her first post ? :D Anyway, you did an amazing job on the ship so far. Looking forward to seeing more details on that. Good luck and welcome to the forums :thumb:
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Welcome to the SFM star destroyer club :)

Very nice design - especially the elongated tail - I am a fan.

You might not get very many replies to this, being a star wars thread around here and all, but once again, that's a very nice ship; I'll be keeping an eye on this project.
  • Caeser4031Caeser40310 Posts: 0Member
    This is what the Venator SHOULD have looked like! OUtstanding!
  • emp3ror86emp3ror86171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice ship! Looking forward to see the updates:thumb:
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see someone else from the ass-end of the world. What did you model it in FoxGirlJade?
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks very cool, and I agree, this is what the Venator should have been. Saw it on dA too, look forward to your updates. :)
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice start, I really like it.

and @DCB hi from across the ditch :p
    I agree with everyone this is a great ship to be developed hope to see some uptades soon great work there pal
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree welcome to the club. Everyone here eventually builds a stardestroyer varient at some point. even if its not a star destroyer. If it looks like one in shape its possibly influnced by the design.

To defend the design think for a second. The Stardestroyer made during the Imperial Era was to be functional and intimidating. elegant lines or concepts that were used during the republican era would have been non-essential to the design of the Imperial stardestoyer, also add to the fact that palpatines regime was pretty sterile in looks favoring a more police state society and more militeristic approach on politics and the galaxy at large.

This Republican Victory does look more like the decendent of the Venerator then the extreme change the imperial era ships took. This can be explained by watching the republic design and looks they had at the time. many of there vessels well very functional also had many bits of detail on there vessels, especially the red paint job on most of there ships which seemed pretty uniform. lots of more graceful lines. and even gracefull ancestors of the X-wings and ironically the Tie-fighter. There society was more peaceful and well they enjoyed a military not only was it functional but also designed to impress, and as well as intimidate (You can't have one on a warship).

I like to think of it like this.

The Republican Era to imperial era is the equivilent of Nazi germany, or Soviet Russia taking over a 1930's era united states. All designs, creativity, and individualism is stamped out in favor of pure functional designs of cold effeciency. Hardedged, advanced, practical, and cold.

The ship were seeing here the Republican era after the war and still in existence. the designs being still improved yes, but they still share the lineage of the vessels before them and still look functional, dangerous, but gracefull, and impressive. and not something at least to those it protects to be feared.
  • Enterprise-EEnterprise-E0 Posts: 0Member
    Your design is totally awesome. I also like Star destroyers with long tails. Please, continue. Star Destroyers deserve more attention !!!
  • LorrbladeLorrblade0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work. Can't wait to see it finished.
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks great, but a little too close to original destroyer from revenge of the sith. You should try to make it a little more different. But great wokr so for, I like the bridge and the long tail thing
    hey don't let this one go buddy the model is taking shape just fine hope to see more uptades soon great work
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    No sure. I actually like the graceful lines of this model.
    The only thing that worries me is that the gaps between the upper hull panels seem to be too wide. Gives it more of a sense of scale like the smaller landing craft had.
    Greeble can probably be added later to give the ship more texture. So the large panels don't look so obvious. Its always nice to see a new star destroyer varient, even if its a alternate version. I don't think we ever even seen a alternate version until now and its very refreshing to see. this is probably the first. I think there should be a list of star destroyer varients or designs influenced by the star destroyer listed on this forum.

I know I've seen designs influenced by the star destroyer. Even one of my ships the Darkstar is heavily influenced by the Vessel. The Imperial vessel is one of the most Iconic ships in sci-fi even a little kid can identify it just by the shape alone.
    I agree maverick
    foxgirljade its been a while since we've seen some uptades on ths great ship and I must say this is a great design very unique in comparison to the original venator hopefully we'll get the oportunity to see it finished since I would feel really sad if the thread and the model was to end like this
    I agree with aylaa12 you must continue this thread and show your work. Were both looking forward to new updates to your ship. Please continue!!:thumb:
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I second these thoughts.
  • FoxGirlJadeFoxGirlJade171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates for awhile; I've been stressing over college work trying to get my final assignments for the year finished in time.

-Jade
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    You are a freakin animal... Of course now we'll only want to see more :)
    jum great work nice to see new uptades love the fire control tower gives a great kick to the ship I'm really glad you're back at it this is a wonderfull ship and your work is superb keep it up hope to see more soon