Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRepublic Victory-class Star Destroyer

13»

• LatosLatos335 Posts: 0Member
    wooow just wooow! amazing design!Better then the original. Just finish it!
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    hope she's not dead
  • FoxGirlJadeFoxGirlJade171 Posts: 0Member
    Nah I'm not dead; college just started up again and it's a bit more intense this year than last time.

Sorry for the lack of any updates lately; I'll try and get some more work on the model when I can get the time for it.

In the meantime, here's a quick preview of the new version of the FiCon Tower; not much detail yet but I'm still working on it,

Ficon1.jpg

I've decided the aft end of it is going to be a flight control center for a small through-deck hangar just below the FiCon module, though I haven't modeled that in yet. Like the guns, it was inspired by Homeworld.

Enjoy!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work, and, it's good to know you're still with us here.
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Sure wish this ship could be completed,pity,really love this design.:(:(
    Hey all, sorry for the massive lack of updates for a good few months now; it's been really horrible for me at college lately, but I've had to manage the best I can.

I've started working on the ventral side of the ship, but I'm having a few major issues with the hangar design; the basic idea was to make it somewhat different to Star Destroyer norm, so I wanted two medium-sized hangars instead of one large one, connected by a long thin 'chasm' hangar running between the two.

ventral.jpg

I'm not really set on the design now that I've actually had a go at making the thing, but any suggestions on how I could get the hangar/s to look better would me much appreciated.

Again, sorry for the huge delay; I'll be working on this model a bit more in the next few weeks so expect some more updates soon :)

-Jade
  • Lord_TrekieLord_Trekie0 Posts: 0Member
    I think your hanger design looks great as it is. :)
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    ^seconded. Hope you plan on adding some weapons.
    Thanks guys :) I'm not sure what it is, but there's just something that's bothering me about the shape of the hangar, or something >< I can't put my finger on it.

As for weapons; the hexagonal cut-ins you see there are gunwells for the ventral cannons :)
  • MajorPayneMajorPayne0 Posts: 0Member
    Ah at last!!

As to the underside hangar??

Well heres an idea. Now from the films we've seen that both the Acclamator and Venator are atmospheric capable. So in that respect if your ship can perform the same feature then you can easily justify the casm in this way:

If you look at the way tie's are held in a launch bay they seem to have a pair of arms that hold each tie in place and the pilot climbs in. The fighters are then launched. Well you could have something similair but for drop ships with each drop ship having a small retractable walkway leading to its entryway.

Theres nothing to say you don't have something like a reverse of those canopy doors that the top hangar on the Venator uses.
    Hooray,you are back.Was worried such a great design had stalled.Ventral view looks great.Thanks for the update,look forward to more.:thumb::thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I think you would get better composition if you just nixed the chasm and kept two distinct bays. You could just cover it and have it be a pass between the two bays thats inside the ship. Looks good though.
    I think I will get rid of the chasm and leave it as two large hangars; the plan was to make a smaller one closer to the bow section, just forward of the frontmost gunwells, so I think it would probably look better that way, yeah :)
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    Late to the thread, I am. I thought this thread died off. Good to see your back. I was looking at your design earlier this year and it is very impressive. I think your concept is very formidable in appearance and strategically well layout. You have makings of a naval architect. :thumb:

In the design, though, as a battlecruiser concept, do you think there is a vulnerable point at the underside outer edges and along the tail length's? I don't think much will survive broadside or top assaults, except aft an underside. Just a thought. Reading the thread, this is an alt-verse, I know, but Mave.. has made some very cool points on its formidable presence ...I think.

Great Job so far:thumb::thumb:
    ufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff you're back great for a moment I feared the worst but great come back hope to see more soon
    Hey all,

Contrary to popular opinion I'm not dead yet; it's been a rough few months for me now that I've graduated college and have my degree, apparently getting a job in the game's industry is harder for people who put actual effort into their work <__<

-Jade
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    Really glad to see this one again. Looking forward to the updates :)

Best of luck on the job front.
    Thanks, I really need it! XD

EDIT - also I fail at spelling :P
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    good to see you're back again, Jade. looking forward for more on your stardestroyer.
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Very nice to see your work! :thumb:
    Nice to have you back,wow the destroyer is really looking fantastic.Well done and thanks.
    nice to see you back great work on the models nice on the star trek models they are really good hope to see more soon