Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the U.E.G.

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That model is looking really good ! :thumb: If anything , the damage on the side plate is bugging me a bit - it seems too abused in comparison to the rest of the hull, but that's just me probably.
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Rivers3D wrote: »
    Yeah i agree, the green isnt strong enough to make your head say "Romulan!" or anything that makes you think of a seperate race. Its shaded and inside enough to make your first thought "inner working gubbins!"

I love the detailing you put on that thing as well. For such a simple shape you really gave it some depth and size with those greebl-y things! :)
    Thank you.
    That model is looking really good ! :thumb: If anything , the damage on the side plate is bugging me a bit - it seems too abused in comparison to the rest of the hull, but that's just me probably.
    There is a reason for those side plates being more beat up. Those are the magnetic docking clamps. I wanted them to be more abused than then rest of the ship.
    UPDATE...
    I thought I’d make some tables and chairs. Also some cups and food trays.
    1244.jpg
    1245.jpg
    1246.jpg
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    1246.jpg
    Yet another Crewman slacking on their duties i see. You are a cruel task master.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    The food module is sponsored by McDonald's? I am the amused.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I'd rather say he's a cruel punisher. That now-former officer is flushed into space for his negligence.
    Well he took the last donut and didn't replace the toilet paper. That's unacceptable.
    oh. True that. Punish him then. :lol:
    UPDATE...
    After working on that car and thinking about paints I was able to figure out what I wanted on this ship. So here it is as it would look fresh out of the oven. I wanted the Starliner logo to be subtle and not in you face. There is a very small amount of metal flake in the paint, someing I just wanted to try and it actually worked. There’s still work to be done but I like it so far.
    1273.jpg
    1274.jpg
    Here is the wing.
    1275.jpg
    1276.jpg
    It’s kind of starting to come together.
    1277.jpg
    1278.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    You give up on "pit stop"?
    No I just wanted to work on something else. Plus I noticed that the tutorial I was useing has a few mistakes in so I have to fix a few things.
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    You guys are just so much more creative than I am, well done!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I seem to remember a comic book spaceship that had rocket nacelles rather like that.

Imagine a an egg shaped lozenge. Flat along the sides, not too long. Sleeker than the Owl ship from Watchman, but with two Alien grey like eye windows laying fairly flush. Widens toward the back.

They had one similar nacelle to either side of the aft flank, just behind a wing that joined to the body just ahead of the nacelle. The wing way narrow and thin, narrowing towards the tips, which had a small tank/radome micro 'nacelle.'

That might be a good design to explore.
  • RaenRaen0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the green glows on the fighter, it's rare to see good looking green glows, actually.
    The only issue I have is with the cargo train. I think the struts for the engines are way too thin. These things look like they've got a lot of power, and they'll have to pull something very heavy, that means lots of inertia. The struts look like they might break very easily, once the ship accelerates or turns.
    I intentionally made the struts small. I wanted the ship to look and feel dangerous. That's why it takes a very special kind of person to collect and own this ship.:D
  • RaenRaen0 Posts: 0Member
    You mean a person who goes very easy on the throttle and rodder? XD
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Im still in love with your textures!
    Raen wrote: »
    You mean a person who goes very easy on the throttle and rodder? XD
    I mean someone who's nuts. :D
    kborak wrote: »
    Im still in love with your textures!
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Well I was just sitting aound waiting for the rapture to happen and thought I should hurry up and block in a new ship while I still have the chance. So here it is. The Royal Cruiser of the M’Aangan Empire. Has a long way to go. It is 600 meters high.
    1304.jpg
    1305.jpg
    Just wanted to see what the other two M’Aangan ships looked like next to this one.
    1306.jpg
    Intersting concept. Looking forward for more.
    As far as IA’m concerned this is finally done.
    maanganfighterortho.jpg
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Lookg great XFozzboute :thumb:
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    It's a beauty! Wish I could "finish" something one of these days too :p
    Thank you.
    UPDATE...
    Out of bordom and frustration at this never ending heat I decided to start rebuilding another old ship. So far I don’t have a name for the species but I feel they need to be insectiod.
    1361.jpg
    1362.jpg
    Engines for a new species The Greys. That’s right I plan on including the anal probing stand buys. I just need to come up with a triangle shaped ship that looks functional.
    1363.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Getting more work done on the engines for the Greys ship. I’m getting a better idea for the direction I want to take on this ship.
    1364.jpg
    1365.jpg
    For some reasons, I feel reminded to your Cardassian ship.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Those would also be great impulse engines on their own.
    UPDATE...
    This is what the ship first looked like when I built in in 3D studio max 3. That version doesn't like being in 3D studio max 6 so that is why I'm rebuilding it.
    myu543.jpg
    A few large details added.
    1368.jpg
    A few small details added.
    1369.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That is a intresting looking ship.