Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the U.E.G.

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    I know this isn't exactly a ship but I decided to do a water based station/city. Most of it will be below the surface. Just blocked in for now but it should give an idea about how it will look.
    485.jpg
    The other pics show some minor details. I added a dish and a few antennas to the top of the ship.
    I hope to finish this for the contest tonight.
    486.jpg
    487.jpg
    This ship is finished for the contest at 3DG.
    It's not at it's optimal config but does show all the needed bits.
    Eventually I will do textures and interiors. But that will be for myself.
    488.jpg
    489.jpg
    490.jpg
    491.jpg
    492.jpg
    493.jpg
    494.jpg
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Congrats on completling the model very nice work :)

In regards to the 'city' wouldn't it make more sense for the outter ring to encirlce the entire city so it doesn't get nailed by waves during storms etc etc?
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Textures! Textures! :D
    Congrats on completling the model very nice work :)

In regards to the 'city' wouldn't it make more sense for the outter ring to encirlce the entire city so it doesn't get nailed by waves during storms etc etc?
    Thank you.
    As for the city I like the open outer ring so smaller ships can dock on the inside. Plus I think the station can submerge in case of a big storm.
    Meph wrote: »
    Textures! Textures! :D
    Eventually! Eventually! ;D I want to do a fuller version of the ship with interiors and more bits before I texture. Right now I'm tired of this ship and need to step away from it for a little while.
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! That ship looks really freakin cool. Good luck in the contest. And I cant wait to see where you go with the underwater city!
    This is just a little test to see how the cities would look. Also a little loook at the new earth map I'm working on.
    60305.jpg
    Holy moley! Those things are big enough to disrup ocean currents :eek: That's almost the size of spain mate. :o
    That's why it's just a test. But since I intend on wipeing out large parts of the the available land the cities need to be a good size. I'm also thinking about tieing a few cities together to make a completely new continant.
    Cool, then they're going to be like big, floating arcologies. I'm interested to see how you'll work it out.

By the way, this is a fun thing a found a while ago. A dynamic map for the sea level. See wheer your hius is going to be in a few decades then the polar caps ahve raised the sea level ;)

Flood Maps
    the flood map thing is cool. I love the idea of the large cities to make up for loss of land mass Fozz. Great work on the new world map as well.:thumb::flippy::o:lol::thumb:
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    So global warming has taken effect has it?
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    I can see my house. :)

They are BIG cities. Must be about 200 km in diameter.

A good example of artificial islands is the Palm Islands in Dubai.
    UPDATE...
    I'm back at the cargo ship I made for the contest.
    I've begun to work on the interior of the walkway. So far it's still kind of rough and I also need to add handles to the doors.
    527.jpg
    528.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I did some more work on the door and added a handle. I still need to come up with a way for the walkway parts to attach together. I also need to come up with fuel lines and other things to connect through these walk ways.
    529.jpg
    I've also blocked in more of the inside of the walkway. I'll have to add a few access ports so the crew can get into the cargo container. I'll also have to add a few removable panels to gain access to emergency supplies like food and cold suits. From time to time the connections between the walkways can fail. And sometimes it has happened with crew either in the walkway or the container.:devil:
    530.jpg
  • Alex McphersonAlex Mcpherson0 Posts: 0Member
    Bit Cramped. as he walked: bff "ow." bff "ow."
    Bit Cramped. as he walked: bff "ow." bff "ow."

Personally I think the cramped quarters are perfect for this type of ship. The people using this type of Tech, would have to worry much more about mass and design built structural integrity. Im one of those people that loves the Ent-D, but even I will admit, that possibly no one in their right mind would build such a flimsy ship.

I love this thing. Keep it up!:thumb::D
    I want this to be a cramped uncomfortable place to be. Imagine a lot of creaking and moaning sounds going on while in the walkways.
    UPDATE...
    I finished the build of the door including the hinge.
    531.jpg
    532.jpg
    533.jpg
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, I like the feel this has, I can just see a yellow border line down boths sides of the walkway and rust and peeling paint coming off the walls from a lack of upkeep.

Very nice......
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Fozz, youA’re one of the best 3d artists that I know.
    This thread reveals a solid work, and I have a lot of renderings saved for future reference and inspiration. :)
  • DGWilliamsDGWilliams0 Posts: 0Member
    Those door handles look like some kind of device for chopping off fingers. ;)
    DGWilliams wrote: »
    Those door handles look like some kind of device for chopping off fingers. ;)
    Now you've figured out the dirty little secret. Tell no one.

UPDATE...
    Started the first pass on the door textures. I need a few more dings, dents and scratches.
    534.jpg
    535.jpg
    UPDATE...
    A bit more work done on the door textures. I've included a close up of the sign.
    536.jpg
    537.jpg
    Now that I have a good idea that I can get the look that I wanted I'll probably start again from scratch.
  • asddsa0147asddsa01470 Posts: 0Member
    wow, very nice door:) great textures so far, I wish I could do something similar, too.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    How are you ding the grungy signwork?
    They're done with brushes in photoshop.
    UPDATE...
    I wasn't all that happy with the door textures as they where so I decided to redo them in a more clean version. This would be how the door might look on a ship owned by a collector. Like a Jay Leno of spaceships.
    I'll do dirtier versions later.
    543.jpg
    544.jpg
    545.jpg
    Well it's been a long time since I've worked on this ship but I've finally had some ideas to use. I also tend to lose interest in a project the closer I get to finishing.
    The first two pictures show what I have in mind for some lighting. I also added what I thought might be an indicater to show if the door has a good seal or not. Unfortunatly I lost this work because of a bad file. Oops I forgot to mention that I did use a phot by John Eaves to see if I could get a used torn up poster effect. I'm no longer useing that image.
    876.jpg
    877.jpg
    Lucky for me I was able to go back to another save and start again. A minor set back but it gave me some more ideas.
    I reworked the light above the door and changed the color. I'm also thinking about adding some volumetrics to give it a little spooky feel. I also thought of adding a first aid kit and fire extinguisher at each door.
    8781.jpg
    879.jpg
    The last pic is a close up of the first aid kit.
    880.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks cool so far :thumb: The kit seems a bit too common-type to me but I guess the scene will be so great I won't even care about it in the final shots :D