Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    umf.......................
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    I prefer the NX to the Akira and the thing stays.

Haha, I don't know why but I thought that was funny :p
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    so did I....umf..........sounded better than "ha ha he told you"
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    ha ha ha..told you.:D
    UPDATE...
    I feel that IA’ve finished the thingy between the cats.
    806.jpg
    And IA’ve got the final shape for them and added new phasers to replace the ones that got covered up. Now I can work on the details and finish up the warp pylons.
    808.jpg
    I think I have the names for the other ships.
    Archer
    Tucker
    Forest
    Akira
    Thunderchild
  • Sweet! Even with the 'thingy'. :flippy: :lol:
    Thank you. It needs the thingy anyway, it looks a little goofy without it.:thumb:

UPDATE...
    The cats are coming along. I donA’t want to go too crazy on the details on these. So IA’m a little stuck on what I want to do. I now see a few mesh errors that need to be fixed. I know IA’ll add a few more windows but IA’m not sure if I want to move the shuttle bays to the cats or not, that will be alot of work removing the ones on the saucer unless I just convert the other one to a second cargo bay.
    810.jpg
    811.jpg
    812.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Work on the Archer has stalled a little until I think of what I want to do with it so I've gone back to the U.S.S. Ptolemy.
    I decided that the cargo container should open from below.
    813.jpg
    In the pic I show it with warp engines but it can also be fitted with different modules to carry many other thing. I thought hinges for the doors might be a good idea so I added those and some detail to the inner doors. I'm thinking about some kind of control room or monitor room inside the container also. I angled the warp engines a bit more to move them farther from the container and I also moved them up a little.
    814.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I need something for my other ships to shoot at so I went back and reworked a few bits on my Tholian ship.
    816.jpg
    817.jpg
    There's not much done so far but I have added a web spinner. The last pic shows scale.
    819.jpg
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW, I really like your designs, Fozz! The Tholian ship is especially cool, and I like the idea of the bottom-loading doors on the cargo unit. Makes for a very impressive shot!
    Thank you. :D
    UPDATE...
    More Tholian goodness. :D
    820.jpg
    821.jpg
    822.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Yay, tholians! Very nice :D
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Very nice man. Have you considered putting some sort of texture on the yellow "engines"? I'm thinking a small "honeycomb" mesh would look neat...
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    you don't need any weapons on that thing... just sharpen the nose and ram

Love the look of it...
    I really like the ship, Fozz! I especially like the "greeble" you put on the top "fin" of the Tholian cruiser; it's just enough to add detail, but it isn't overblown and overcomplicated - it looks reasonable, like something a Tholian would actually have on their ship. :thumb:

I'm glad you kept the clean, straight lines of the TOS Tholian ship for this; I absolutely hated the TOS-Remastered version, and it saddens me to admit that even the ENT Tholian ships looked better than the TOS-Remastered ones (that tells you how horrible the Remastered project was...that even ENT was better in some respects). But I don't want to get into a debate about the Remastered project right now, so I'll stick with gushing over your work. :lol:
    This thread needs more Tholians! :D
    Comco wrote: »
    Very nice man. Have you considered putting some sort of texture on the yellow "engines"? I'm thinking a small "honeycomb" mesh would look neat...
    I want someting like that on the other glowy part of the ship. I'm king of happy with the yellow part as it is.
    Promus wrote: »
    I really like the ship, Fozz! I especially like the "greeble" you put on the top "fin" of the Tholian cruiser; it's just enough to add detail, but it isn't overblown and overcomplicated - it looks reasonable, like something a Tholian would actually have on their ship. :thumb:

I'm glad you kept the clean, straight lines of the TOS Tholian ship for this; I absolutely hated the TOS-Remastered version, and it saddens me to admit that even the ENT Tholian ships looked better than the TOS-Remastered ones (that tells you how horrible the Remastered project was...that even ENT was better in some respects). But I don't want to get into a debate about the Remastered project right now, so I'll stick with gushing over your work. :lol:
    I take take credit for that top greeble because I'm baseing this ship in the one used in Enterprise. I want to do a larger ship and I plan on baseing that on the remastered version. :devil:
    Promus wrote: »
    This thread needs more Tholians! :D
    And you shall have it.:D

UPDATE...
    The ships starting to come along nicely. I'm happy with it so far even though it still is kind of simple looking. The red and blue texture is a temp but closer to what I actually want done.
    823.jpg
    824.jpg
    That's absolutely amazing, Fozz. I kind of looks like the ship was assembled out of various forms of crystal, and then had a metallic "frame" constructed around it so it could function as a ship. Very cool!!

I don't know if you've ever played the game "Star Trek: Shattered Universe," but there are some Tholian capital ships in that (big ones). I can't take screenshots (it's on my Xbox that I recently got at Goodwill), but I can try to sketch the designs and post those, if you'd like. I'm not suggesting that you copy the game's designs exactly, but they might give you some ideas for your own "big Tholian ship" designs. :)
    I always thought it might have a metalic frame with some kind of crystal grown over it.

I have played Shattered Universe. I hated it it and got rid of it. Didn't get too far in it. But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing those ships. All references help. :)

UPDATE...
    I've added more details and what I'm guessing are windows. At least based on my references that's what they look like to me. :) The last picture is done without any lights. I don't see haveing a lot more to do. Just a few more details and some chamfered edges.
    826.jpg
    828.jpg
    830.jpg
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Colourfull, but mortal. Dammed good Fozz!
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    I have played Shattered Universe. I hated it it and got rid of it. Didn't get too far in it. But yeah I wouldn't mind seeing those ships. All references help. :)

You hated "Shattered Universe?" Why? That game is the closest thing there is to an officially released TOS game since the old MS-DOS things (which don't really count)! Just about every level had something in it from a TOS episode; yes, the game was set in the TOS Movie era (in the Mirror Universe, no less), but that was just an excuse for the game to feature things from TOS episodes. For example, you couldn't fight the Doomsday Machine in a TOS game set in our universe, because Kirk already destroyed it - but since we don't know what Mirror Kirk did with it, everything's an open field. "Shattered Universe" was amazing - and yes, it had the Doomsday Machine in it, as well as the M-5 Computer (with the four starships from the episode...controlled by the M-5), Balok's ship, the space amoeba from "The Immunity Syndrome," and of course the Tholians. A lot of the sound effects were lifted from TOS, as well; the Klingon disruptor weapons make the same sound that they did in TOS, and the look of their weapons is the same as they were in "Elaan of Troyius." THE GAME F*CKING RULES!!! TOS FOREVARRR!!!!!!!! :lol:

Unfortunately my Xbox is at home, and I won't be going home for another two weeks, so no reference will be coming soon. I can try drawing from memory, though! :thumb:
  • ghoyle1ghoyle10 Posts: 0Member
    Now I'M interested in Shattered Universe, and I don't have an X0Box. Or want one, really, but I'd like to see "Shattered Universe".

Guy
    I wanted to play "Shattered Universe" since it came out around 2004/2005, but since I didn't use any gaming system other than a PC (and it wasn't released for the PC), I wasn't able to play it. When I saw the Xbox sitting on that shelf in Goodwill, I knew I had to get it, especially for only $4!! Then I made a bee-line for the nearest gaming shop so I could see if they had a copy of the game. Sure enough they did, and I've been enjoying it since!

I forgot to mention that the game also features a "reinactment" of "The Enterprise Incident" situation, except instead of surrendering to the three Romulan cruisers (because Sulu's not after their cloaking devices), Sulu scrambles the attack fighters for a big-ass space battle! It's a lot of fun. :D
    I just didn't think the game was very well made. I didn't think it was fun or had much playablity. But that's just me.:lol: I had it on the Playstation 2.

UPDATE...
    Gone back to work on the mediem tug/transport.
    Pic 1 shows the beginning of the connection point for the primary container. This will allow other containers to connect to this one.
    8311.jpg
    Pic 2 shows what will become an observation room. I still have to add tractor beam and force field emitters to keep the cargo in place. The room textures are temp.
    8331.jpg
    Pic 3 shows how the room looks on the inside and what will become another type of cargo container.
    835.jpg
    WOW...now THAT is cool!! I especially like how you have the cargo modules "hollow" inside. I know it sounds kind of strange to point that out, but Franz Joseph's designs had decks and such in them. The hollow modules make it seem more like a modern-day superfreigher, which have HUGE cargo bays, which are hollow (unless you put stuff in them, of course). The little "observation corridor" that you put into the module gives it a sense of scale and certainly helps to give it the feel of a cargo ship, if that makes any sense. :)
    UPDATE...
    I'm finishing up work on the cargo container modules. I have yet to figure out where to place the door so cargo can actually be put in the containers. :) I do know I want them on one or both of the large flat parts.
    836.jpg
    837.jpg
    838.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks interesting. I have never seen that kind of ship in trek :thumb:
    About the door, maybe put them both on the curved side and add some small access hatches to the flat parts where the containers meet so that a person can get to every one of them even when they're stored ?
    Personally I don't want them on the curved half but that can change. I am thinking that the containers can be modified as temp housing for colonies.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Ok it's your work after all :D The idea about making houses out of them sounds good to me - in Enterprise's "Terra Nova" and "Twilight" we could see housing made of a ship's parts so you can take inspiration from them.
    Now that I think about it the main cargo doors on the curved part might work better with a few access hatches placed elsewhere.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Nice! I didnA’t like of this ship... until now. Your version looks very good Fozz!