Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    Start out with a shot of the cargo bay interior and a shot of the shuttle bay interior. that's all I'm gonna do withthese for now I don't think they need a lot of detail.
    653.jpg
    654.jpg
    I also started to work on the textures for the upper saucer. I can see that I need to fix the coffee stain.
    655.jpg
    656.jpg
    The last shot is of the finished windows of the bottom of the saucer.
    657.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It also has upper torpedo launchers? Or are down there none because they'd singe the deflector dish?
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Awsome! Now where do I sign up for the grid line classess lol?
    Aresius wrote: »
    It also has upper torpedo launchers? Or are down there none because they'd singe the deflector dish?
    It has both lower and upper torp launchers.
    kborak wrote: »
    Awsome! Now where do I sign up for the grid line classess lol?
    The grid lines thankfully weren't that hard. I just used cut, chamfer and extrude.

UPDATE...
    A few more textures for the upper saucer. I'm happy with them for now I might tweek a bit here or there.
    658.jpg
    There are also a few examples of what I want to do with the name of the ship. I'm not sure about the one I like more.
    659.jpg
    660.jpg
    661.jpg
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    A beauty as always Xfozz,

[Wheres your avatar from? its gonna bug me]
    Thank you.
    The avatar is from Amerian Psycho.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I thought that looked like Bale, but I couldn't figure out in which movie he looked like that :p

Very nice ship, looks clean and drity at the same time, in a good way :D
    I agree with malek on the cleean/dirty look. Your ability to texture is amazing as well Fozz. Oh and I think I figured out a little with the grid lines lol.
    I like dirty ships espexially the TOS ships. Fed ships always felt too clean for me.

UPDATE...
    I got some more work done on the textures. I added some the green from the neck to the impulse crystal area. And I think I've finally got the look of the NCC number down.:D

You can see more pictures at Xfozzboute’s Blog
    66509.jpg
    668.jpg 285.6K
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    IA’m in love with her...
    Hey, finally you put your blog online! Now you need to show us renderings of all your GREAT meshes there. ;)
    In time: Cool handdrawings too. :)
    Thank you.
    Yeah I finally made a choice to do a blog and so far it's working out.
    I'll have more of my stuff up soon but right now I'm focused on this ship since it's so close to finished.
    I'm just cleaning up a few polies in the cargo and shuttle bays so I can do those textures. It's taking me a little longer than I thought becuase I'm kind of running out of steam and feel like hell, but that will pass.
    UPDATE...
    I've got the finished interiors for the cargo and shuttle bays.
    671.jpg
    672.jpg
    I've got the final look and size of the NCC number and I added a few extra splatches to the hull.
    673.jpg
    And just for the fun of it I started to block in the new Bonaventure.
    676.jpg
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Well, details get me where I live, so you know I love it. I agree that Federation ships (at least TOS) always looked too clean. I love how you've managed to take them and weather the hulls in such a way that they look like real functional vessels and equipment.
    Thank you. I'm glad you like it.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    It's strange really, while I agree that they look better with a bit of grime, being built in space and spending most of their time in space, would mean they would look more or less as new as the day they were launched. Space being a mostly nothing, there is very little to grime up a ship. All the more so in Star Trek because of the nav/deflector being there to push small partials like micro meteors out of the ships way. However the shuttles should look way more dirty, because they have to deal with air.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    While the deflector does that, it also lets gases pass, and theres all sorts of gases in space. At least there should be or the bussard collectors would be a complete waste of time :D
    Those gases are not very dense so it might take a long time to grime up the ships, but thats what a long service life is for :D

The ship is looking good! Just got one question: Why is the Terran emblem angled that way?
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Pagrin wrote: »
    It's strange really, while I agree that they look better with a bit of grime, being built in space and spending most of their time in space, would mean they would look more or less as new as the day they were launched. Space being a mostly nothing, there is very little to grime up a ship. All the more so in Star Trek because of the nav/deflector being there to push small partials like micro meteors out of the ships way. However the shuttles should look way more dirty, because they have to deal with air.

It seems like a quarter of the episodes of the show, the ship in question was in some nebula or investigating a star of some type. Space doesn't seem all that empty with vast regions of stellar gasses, cosmic rays, bands of radiation, and some clever SciFi meme I can't think of right now.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Pagrin wrote: »
    It's strange really, while I agree that they look better with a bit of grime, being built in space and spending most of their time in space, would mean they would look more or less as new as the day they were launched. Space being a mostly nothing, there is very little to grime up a ship.
    Well that depends.

From NASA's LDEF experiment:
    LDEF's space damage - NASA's Long Duration Exposure Facility spacecraft | Science News | Find Articles at BNET
    Early looks at test samples left in space for nearly six years aboard NASA's Long Duration Exposure Facility (LDEF) have revealed surface scars from microscopic meteoroids, thin layers of various materials that were either partially degraded or eroded away, and other signs of damage from the space environment.
    Melak wrote: »
    The ship is looking good! Just got one question: Why is the Terran emblem angled that way?
    The emblem is the way I have it because I wanted it to be a certain size and to make sure it didn't get in the way of the NCC number or touch the nav beacon infront of it. So I put i on an angle. I like the way it looks.:D
    UPDATE...
    More textures.
    I've been working on the textures the lower saucer. They're mostly done. I have to replace the ones on the deflector housing because they just don't appear to match very well.
    691.jpg
    692.jpg
  • nyrathnyrath0 Posts: 0Member
    Gotta love your textures with your lighting. It gives your images a real solid 3D feel to them that I find very attractive.
  • FireballFireball331 Posts: 0Member
    Holy crap those are nice Fozz, I love your texturing work man! It inspires me!
    Thank you.:thumb:
  • PromusPromus0 Posts: 0Member
    Any updates? I love the textures on this ship - fantastic work! :D
    No updates at the moment. I'm working on my NX-01 era ship and then I need to get some more done on your ship.
    That's cool; this Saladin looks pretty much done at this point, anyway.

Despite my feelings on canon, I'd LOVE to see your ENT-era ship - your work is always cool no matter what. ;)

Got a link?
    It's close to being done. Just a few things here and there that I need to finish up and tweak.

And you can see my Enterprise era ship here.
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-wips/58649-enterprise-era-ship-i-think.html
    awsome as always fozz!!!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Done? Woah...I don't think I've seen you actually complete one of these ships in a while now, Fozz! Awesome! ;) :cool:

She looks great, btw...
    The Alternate Fozzboute Star Trek Universe looks pretty fun. ;)