Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNot a reboot

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    The phasers are already there so I'll keep those.
    UPDATE...
    The first two pics are of the textures for the b and c deck.
    504.jpg
    505.jpg
    The second pic shows some of the saucer rim detail including the shuttle bay on on side and the cargo bay on the other.
    506.jpg
    The next pic shows a side view of the Kelvin because someone asked for it.
    507.jpg
    The last pic could be my version of Enterprise.
    508.jpg
    Or not.:devil:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive work as always Rob :thumb: I really like the ... gah, everything's perfect :D Just be sure to focus on the Kelvin because Enterprises are a bit over-used recently :p
    Yeah I know what you mean. I did Enterprise because someone asked about one. If I do one I will be making a few changes.
    UPDATE...
    Except for some grid lines the upper saucer is done.
    509.jpg
    510.jpg
    I also added phasers and torpedoe tubes to the lower saucer.
    511.jpg
    512.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Last night I started thinking more about the shuttle and started to really get some work done.
    546.jpg
    547.jpg
    548.jpg
    549.jpg
    550.jpg
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    That's a brilliant shuttle! (we even could keep it as a reimagined TOS shuttle :-B)
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like someone's been busy over christmas, Nice looking shuttle, love the pylons connecting its nacelles
    Cool as always :D I really like the angled front - makes it seem faster and more agile. However, I've never been a fan of nacelles being so close to the body ... have you considered pushing them a bit to the rear ? (just a suggestion, not that I demand anything :))
    I'm happy with the engine where they are so, no I won't be making any changes to them.

UPDATE...
    Other than a few smoothing issues I'm thinking the build for this is done. I've got the viewports and main doors done. Some kind of details for the lower forward section.
    551.jpg
    552.jpg
    And finally impulse engines and aft details.
    553.jpg
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    Gorgeous! I love the nod to the shuttle intakes from STV:TFF that you included too.
    It wasn't even intentional. I just wanted the back end to look a little bit more beefy. When I was done and I looked at it I thought it looked like the shuttles used in Trek V. I decided to keep it anyway.

UPDATE...
    Started on the textures. The shuttle will be two colors. The bottom color is kind of a dark blue grey and the uper color will be more of a light grey.
    554.jpg
    555.jpg
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Really like this modernising of the original shuttle design, Rob. Great stuff, as usual. :thumb:
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    I did a little more textures but realized I still have a few smoothing issues. I might rebuild the main body of the shuttle or I might leave it because it still looks good from a reasonable distance. A few folks have expressed that the shuttle bay appears to be a tight squeeze. These pics should show that it's not all that tight. I'm thinking that the shutle bay might be able to fit four shuttles.
    556.jpg
    557.jpg
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    The bay seems big enough, but the doorway does look like a tight squeeze. Okay with computers in control, but you might not want an emergency manual landing through that gap.
    UPDATE...
    Finally got around to doing the grid lines after a hell of a lot of work. I'm happy with them and I won't be making any changes so don't ask.:D
    I mean it.:D
    558.jpg
    559.jpg
    560.jpg
    561.jpg

I really mean it.:D
    UPDATE...
    Added windows to the saucer rim.
    595.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    great work never really been a fan of on nacelled sis but yu make this one look great :thumb:
    Thank you.
    I've kind of got a soft spot for one nacelled ships.
    At the right angle they can look really good.:D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Woha, impressive!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    I like of your neck interpretation. The ship is looking awesome!!!
    Are you mapping the windows one by one?
    Starship wrote: »
    I like of your neck interpretation. The ship is looking awesome!!!
    Are you mapping the windows one by one?
    Thank you.
    And yes I am.:D

UPDATE...
    Starting work on the lower saucer windows. I wasn't going to include portholes here but I tried it and thought it didn't look too bad so I kept it.
    I'm still thinking if I'll keep the back walls of the large cut outs the way they are now or make them more angeled.
    596.jpg
    597.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work here. The windows are very good.

Just hope those near the torpedo launcher and deflector are not for living quarters.. I mean, remember that the sound of a firing torpedo was heard even on the bridge, so go figure how much louder it must be right near them. ;)
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful, just Beautiful
    Not so much an update but another ship design.
    While working on a ship for Promus I was playing around with the saucer and came up with another idea for a ship.
    The first two pics include the ship I was working on. You should be able to guess the one.
    607.jpg
    608.jpg
    Right now it only roughed in I'll add all the parts to make it fit with my alt-Trek concepts. The warp engines will probably be moved.
    611.jpg
    612.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I like the lower windows on the main ship. It adds a little detail and options for lighting to an otherwise fairly bland area of the ship.
    UPDATE...
    Started to add windows to the lower saucer.
    624.jpg
    The next two pics are my version of the Ptolemy transport/tug.
    625.jpg
    626.jpg
    After that I started on something for the Feds to shoot at.
    A Tholian ship.
    627.jpg
    628.jpg
    I really like the Tholian ship :D Are you going to do your own version of the ship or keep the original look ?
    It will be close to the one from Enterprise but I'll be making up alot of it.
    That's good - Tholians are one of the coolest races (design-wise) and I don't know why no one designs ships for them :D
    Anyway I could have probably predicted that you will mess around with the design because you're always doing that :D
    Anyway I could have probably predicted that you will mess around with the design because you're always doing that :D
    I can't leave anything alone.

UPDATE...
    I finished the windows on the saucer rim.
    641.jpg
    I added a few details to the Kelvin part of the ship.
    642.jpg
    And built a few cargo containers to go into the cargo bay.
    643.jpg