Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCovenant Assault Carrier

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Time for a little side project. :D There's too much UNSC love around here. Time for the Covenant to get the spotlight. :p I've been working on this off and on for a week or so now. Just something to do when I need a break from Valhalla.

I probably won't update this much for a while. at least until Valhalla is done, and I'm probably going to give the latest challenge a shot, so that will take my time as well.

All the same I thought I would post what I have so far. I've managed to just about finish all of the underside details, and next will work on the spires. Then I'll move to detailing the hull.

anyway, enough of my rambling! time for pics!

modeling-07.jpg

Some explanation for this one, The first from the left is the original mesh I found online from Halo 1, credit to the modeler at Bungie who created it! :thumb: The middle mesh is my initial rebuild with the Halo 3 updates. Basically my practice run to test proportions and such, and of course the right most would be this build.

modeling-08.jpg

modeling-09.jpg

modeling-10.jpg

modeling-11.jpg

and finally, the Necessary beauty shot for the thumbnail below. :D

Any comment/criticisms,expletives are welcome as usual. :p
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Thats a nice looking ship, is there anything other than texturing needs doing to it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Lots of modeling still to do. Still have all of the hull detail to work out.

see the original....

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/c/c5/Shadow_of_Intent.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    SWeet.
  • BerticusBerticus171 Posts: 63Member
    This ought to be great fun when it's finished! I'm definitely watching this.
  • Joker37Joker370 Posts: 0Member
    I always loved this ship, unique design and absolutely huge to maul the enemies of the covenant! Great job so far, can't wait to see more
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow it looks really good :thumb: I'm not a fan of the design (honestly I didn't like most of the designs in Halo) but the model is solid and that's what counts :)
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful... Only the Covenant look bad in Chrome... and the Cruiser is probably the most aesthetically pleasing ships in the Scifi-Gaming universe.

All I can say is please don't glass me:D
    Thx guys! :thumb:

somacruz145 - I can see where you are coming from. There are a lot of designs in the Halo universe that I don't like myself. Like the Covenant cruiser. (btw, just noticed I put cruiser in the title, going to fix and put carrier :p)

japme - Just keep the heresy to a minimum and I won't have to. ;)
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Really cool model, my compliments!!

Bye
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Why should I, the Arbiter and the MC are my temporary bodyguards...

I thought that that was a cruiser, because in H2, when the Covvie fleet attacks Earths perimeter defense, Cortana keeps talking about Covvie Cruisers jumping in. Oh well, we survive and learn.
    cruisers are the ones with tiny heads and whiskers. The Assault Carriers were also called Capitol ships in Halo 2 I believe. I'll have to dig out my halo 2 cutscenes and check though. It wouldn't be the only mistake I've found in the cinimatics though. :p
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    That's great!
    Awesome job, even at this early stage. The Covenant are truly awesome at their shipbuilding. Cant say the same for their internals. *Sigh*
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    nice keep it up!
  • jpgauvinjpgauvin0 Posts: 0Member
    great model :thumb:

I hope you'll add some close up of your work
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Dude, I like Halo as much as the next guy but who cares? Your first post on this forum is to drag up a thread that hasn't been posted to in 7 months to criticize his work?

Try to stick to more relavent threads.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Doesn't sound like a crit to me.
  • TinukedayaTinukedaya182 Posts: 271Member
    there are 2 removed posts up there, so efritsch reply seems a bit silly. If you would read those tho' you would agree wih him...
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
    Cruiser - SFS Suricata --- Freighter - SFS "Crate"
  • can you try refreshing those links? When I click on them, I get a Error 404 file not found message. Thanks!!
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    can you try refreshing those links? When I click on them, I get a Error 404 file not found message. Thanks!!

Holy Nercopost Batman!

@Person posting above, little piece of advice for ya mate seeing I see you're new around these parts, necro posting in dead threads is frowned upon. This thread has been dead since 09 without update so best to assume it's not going anywhere. Also attempt to PM the creator to see if they're still active round here.