Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Yamaguci, NCC 26517

killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Decided to post WIP to encourage me to work on it more :P

Ambassador class ship. Started out as USS Enterprise C, but decided to switch to USS Yamaguchi so working on the detail changes.
Also note Aztec paneling will not be used in the texturing. The Enterprise C studio model was rushed into completion for filming, so the aztec patterning was foregone altogether and the ship was painted a much simpler 3 shade livery. The following models of the Yamaguchi and Zhukov followed suit. (They even made a typo on the Zhukov studio model! The name on the saucer reads 'USS Zuhkov')
91621.jpg
Post edited by killakanz on
Tagged:

• star_creationsstar_creations0 Posts: 0Member
    Well, what you have so far is very impressive, great work....Keep it up, love to see the final results..
  • killakanzkillakanz176 Posts: 112Member
    Command decks detail. Still have some minor finishing touches to do. Deck 2 has an observation lounge at the back, deck 3 has a small shuttlebay at the back. Interior rooms are currently empty...
    55011.jpg
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    A promising start to a much under-used class. What happened to the Ambassador-class after "Redemption, Part II"? It just disappeared and didn't even make it over to DS9, which is odd considering the war they had.
    The Ambassador class was a direct yard replacement of the Excelsior class and, according to my sources, 21 of the 98 built are still in service, although not often seen on the screen. They are somewhat aging, the class being some 60-odd years old when the Enterprise D encountered the Enterprise C. The Yamaguci herself was destroyed at Wolf 359. Most of the remaining Ambassador fleet missed the Dominion war due to refiting work.

I do have one source claiming that the USS Cortez was Ambassador class. She was part of the assault force assembled to retake DS9 and was later one of the first ships to break through the Cardassian-Dominion fleet before finally being destroyed on patrol of the Cardassian border. However this is a sketchy lead as the Cortez is also listed under the Galaxy refit, Miranda refit and Intrepid classes.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    The Cortez might have been a Galaxy-class, bbecause if I recall correctly in "Sacrifice of Angels" the Cortez was the first ship after the Defiant to break through the lines and reach DS9. Then shortly after that we see a Galaxy class ship docked there.

But it is quite logical to have these vessels still in service, given the durability of these ships.
    Anyway, nice work here.
    Saucer section progress.
    Having some strange problems with interior lights shining through welded edges on the command decks mesh...
    55042.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    friend you're on to a good start the design fits like a glove the lighting seems good as well simply put you're doing great work hope to see more of this great ship soon
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looks like a good start. The lights coming from inside the bridge is a different approaching. :)
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Well Im impressed, to say the least. The lights are amazing. And yes these ships are deffanitley still in service one that I am positive of is the USS Hawking! This is one of my ST fav's, the ship may have been rushed through design but it show the logical evolutionary step between the Excellesior class and the Galaxy. Keep it up!
    Update:
    Underside of saucer plated. New sensor array -incomplete. Windowed rim.
    New deflector dish (possibly overdone the glow :P )
    55126.jpg
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I think the nacelles look to big.
  • DamienNZDamienNZ0 Posts: 0Member
    Nacelles look fine. The amabassador does have big nacelles.
    This isn't progressing nearly as fast as it should be :p
    55266.jpg
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Nacelles need to be more rounded don't they?
    New Nacelles. Still ironing out the kinks.

You didn't realise the old ones were placeholders? :P
    55382.jpg
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    They look good, Nice and clean,

Could you render a shot without the lens effect glows? as the brightness from the blue one washed out all the detail on the grills themselfs
    The glow is a bit to intense anyway. Suggest to lessen it by about 3-5%.

Else: Sweet work.
    Work continues still slowly.
    Have built a new neck and working on the spine. not ready to show that yet. New details added to nacelles too.

This model I plan to use in an animation for portfolio purposes, thus trying to match the glows with my screen footage reference, which always shows intense glow.

But as requested, a render minus the glows (plus one of the screencaps showing the glow I'm aiming for). Note the bussard collector aperture wont be this transparent later on.
    55461.jpg55462.jpg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 779Member
    To get that kind of glow i would recommend you reduce the lighting in your scene and reduce the glows. If you notice in that screenshot, teh ship is actually much darker then yours and thus the glow is more prominant.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    little details springing up everywhere.
    -Thrusters
    -Impulse Engine
    -Nav and positional lights
    -Underslung shuttlebay.

Also worked on the neck, and starting to add a splash of paint.

...I think I got the wrong font for the registry...
    55546.jpg
  • Genex-X1Genex-X10 Posts: 0Member
    The Star Trek Explorer --- Fonts < - 'Starfleet' is the right font,
    She's looking good, Could we get an Aft view maybe :D?
    Thanks for the link. Aft view coming up once I've finished the Nacelle's thrusters.
    Aft View.
    Still have some kinks in the Nacelles.

sorry for double post.
    55553.jpg
    Topside saucer windows. They were all lit, but the laptop ran out of memory trying to render it. Devising another method...
    55731.jpg
    THe glow of the right naccelle (in direction of flight) seems somewhat wrong.
    Else: sweet.
    Had one of those 'omg, it's so simple' brainwaves over the window lighting problem; instead of an omni in each room, why not just make the interior mesh self-illum?

It works. :)
    55841.jpg
    Work on the top saucer section is nearly done. Just need to texture the Bridge module and phaser strips plus a few other small details.
    55848.jpg
  • FireballFireball331 Posts: 0Member
    Just plain awesome, no other way to explain it.
    The light coming out of the rooms on the upper decks is incredibly cool.
    Looking fantastic though, can't wait for some higher res shots!
    The Nacelles have a specular map. It's the first time I've ever tried one. Might have to make one for the saucer too.
    55890.jpg
  • japmejapme12 Posts: 0Member
    Looking good.

It may be your light setup, but the ship seems overly dark. From what I have seen of the C, it still used the nearly white paint of the A and B. Other than that its a good looking ship.