Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClassic Space Lego - Galaxy Explorer WIP

• stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Still playing, I think that this was the first in my collection as a kid:

attachment.php?attachmentid=58026&stc=1&d=1222053135
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    This should be Headered for one.

Two, you should release the meshes so us old farts can play with Lego and not get as many wierd stares.

This is just simply awesome.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    I think this was my first space lego set. Awesome job.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • Haha wicked job!!! I love it!
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    I think I have asked for a header on all 4 pages of this, so far no luck.

Yeah I had that set too, happy times.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice. I was playing with lego this weekend with my son. :)
    I'll have to get my collection form my dad's so it can play with that as well.

I notice that the vichale now are no longer 4 studs wide but six, and some times twellve for the big trucks. like the Crane that was realsied two years ago or the big truck with a trailar the same size.

I have to admit I like the new passanger/ cargo planes. But Aï¿¡30 is a bit on the expensive side. :(
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    This thread brings back so many memories of making big, garishly coloured spaceships in Lego when I was little. It's great to see these iconic playsets recreated in such loving detail and looking so realistic. :)
  • stilleto69stilleto690 Posts: 0Member
    Ah yeah, these pictures bring back memories.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Hi Stonky ... good to see ya back :)

Man ... lot of reminders (spell?) with this kit :)

Greets

Chris
    Thanks all! these have been a lot of fun, now I want to do them all. :) I'd like to make a moonscape kind of setting, kind of like what was used in the original box art:

928-1.1170038233.jpg

I was in my local toy store yesterday, and I noticed that all of the "creator" series boxes had toon-style renderings of the assembled kits for their box front imagery. I don't ever remember seeing anything but photographs before.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    This has been said before, but I'd forgotten what a holy grail toy this was for me. And unlike the Millennium Falcon and the Death Star, I got this one. :)
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    I think the city stuff still use photos.
    Isnt the creator stuff based on ideas people submitted on the lego web page using a 3D designing software where you build your virtual model brick by brick?
    I'm not sure - if it's true, then there are some people out there doing some good work. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=58113&stc=1&d=1222222660
    Incredible, as ususal.
    I love the fact that you can desgin your own creation and send it off to lego and they will give you the peaces so you can build it.

However I don't know what the cost is to do something like that.
    But it can't be cheap.
    It isnt.
    I wonder if anyone has used the lego factory builder to make "reissues" of these older space lego kits.
    Some of them come pretty close.
    Just found this on the lego web site.

Dam it cost a bomb. more than the Falcon!!
  • Lord ErisuLord Erisu0 Posts: 0Member
    umm, cost is per brick or something, but not all of the bricks are avialable unfortunately.
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work as usual Stonky. Everytime I look at your renders and look at my own stuff, it makes me want to cry. :p

And yes, some people have tried to create the old sets with the Factory setup, but generally the pieces just aren't there.

-Stefan-
    Sastrei wrote: »
    Awesome work as usual Stonky. Everytime I look at your renders and look at my own stuff, it makes me want to cry. :p

You're too kind. :)
    And yes, some people have tried to create the old sets with the Factory setup, but generally the pieces just aren't there.

That's too bad - hopefully the rumor that I've been hearing about LEGO reissuing some of the classic space kits is true.
    Maybe if you send them some of your pics it might enourage them.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Looking very cool mate, never really been a Lego fan myself but I can certainly see the fascination with it.

Having said that I am actually working on a Lego game at the moment so I am surrounded by the bricked effigies at the office (which is actually pretty cool :)), lots of fun :)

Love what you are doing here mate, and the chaps at the office think you are doing a bang up job too :)

Wiz.
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Wiz, you're working on an official Lego game? Part of the Traveler's Tales or NetDevil/Lego Universe team?

-Stefan-
    Cheers Wiz! And cheers to your mates too. :)

Started another one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=58237&stc=1&d=1222407532
    I don't reconise that one