Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DClassic Space Lego - Galaxy Explorer WIP

• biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    That is about as real as its possible to get, fantastic!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Man that looks really great!
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    Still looking great, I can see only one tiny thing wrong. There is no injection mold mark on any of the pieces. It would look like a tiny circle with a little tiny "Hershey's Kiss" looking spot in it.

Ok, all kidding aside, this is coming along so very nicely. I was playing around some time ago with an idea based on Lego blocks, but never got off the ground with it. Maybe I'll have to revisit that file some time. If you'd like to see some of my own personal designs, let me know and I'll post a few pics or atleast a link to them.

Keep up the great work.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    awesome !
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    BoogerMc wrote: »
    Still looking great, I can see only one tiny thing wrong. There is no injection mold mark on any of the pieces. It would look like a tiny circle with a little tiny "Hershey's Kiss" looking spot in it.

I also have to add the chew marks from when I was a kid and couldn't get some of the pieces apart with my fingers. :lol:

Thanks all! I've done some work on the baseplate pieces and should be able to do some landing pad renders soon.
    Why this hasn't been headered yet I'll never know.

Cant wait to see the baseplates.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    :eek:
    Meph wrote: »
    :eek:

I don't know if that's good or bad. :lol:
    It a good thing.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    As is this WIP, nice, very nice! :)
  • Jack SkiecziusJack Skieczius0 Posts: 0Member
    this is really cool. i sure love legos. and wow these sure look real.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    stonky wrote: »
    I don't know if that's good or bad. :lol:

A good thing fo' sure! :thumb::D lol
  • Mux213Mux2130 Posts: 0Member
    Whow, that looks really really good! Sure brings back memories from a long time ago:)
    Chew marks and here I thought I was the only one who used their teeth to pry pieces apart. :)

I have found a dull (and I do mean dull) knife blade does wonders when teeth just cant cut it. (no pun intended)

Hmm! I wonder. Do you use your mouth and/or lips as a third hand too?
    ^ LOL! I think everyone that has played with lego has done that at some point. it's all part of the fun ;)
    Have you seen this thing? Todays kids won't know the joy of dangerously using their teeth to pry pieces apart:

Google Image Result for http://www.mikedidonato.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/legobrick.PNG

Pfft. You kids and your fancy lego separators - get off my lawn! :lol:
    I have several of those now.
    they been around for years, but I never got any in a set. I think they came with the big Technic stuff in the 80's./ early 90's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I have few of them in my collection as well...
    I have one and it's not as useful as you might think. It can only work on certain types of bricks and plates; it's fine for smaller ones, but as the parts get larger or longer it doesn't work as well. Then again if the parts get too small, it doesn't work at all. I use it only when my hands and finger get tired of pulling things apart. Nothing will ever replace good ole teeth if you ask me.
    I did some work on the little structure that comes with the kit:

attachment.php?attachmentid=56086&stc=1&d=1218113582
    very nice!
    Awesome!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    A very nice render matey, you are doing a cracking job! :)
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    So I gotta know. Are you modeling the stubs on the tops of the bricks you can't see? :)
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • cosedimarcocosedimarco171 Posts: 0Member
    Lovely!
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome work. :)

-Stefan-
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    me wants your render presets. truely amazing
    Tallguy wrote: »
    So I gotta know. Are you modeling the stubs on the tops of the bricks you can't see? :)

That's a good question! I'm building the individual pieces separate of the constructed model, and I just grab whichever piece that I need at the time. In an attampt to save memory, I build two versions of each piece - studded and unstudded (that sounds wrong. :) ), so if you don't see the studs, they're not there (don't tell anyone - it's a secret :lol: ).

Thanks all, more to come!
    A closeup of the radar dish. I still have to build the antenna thing that sits on the roof of the blue structure.

attachment.php?attachmentid=56286&stc=1&d=1218454917