Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNear future mecha universe wips

• salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    What about putting some radar and secondary optics there. Have a narrow and wide view cam to scout for targets that can't be seen by the head. (wide for just looking, narrow for better detail.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    That's a nice shot of both of them together, mate. Lookin' goood. :D
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    thanks meph

salsa that's one of my main options right now. Was also thinking about a small missile rack like on the european mech but might just put it on one of the shoulders
    some logo work. Coat of arms for KOR and the new dawn flag
    77453.jpg
    ok, I think I'm done with this one

also attached a shot of the finished models thus far for comparison
    77527.jpg77528.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    It has been a while since I was last in this thread.

You built some really nice Mech's.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    same, haven't looked here in ages they all look great!
    thanks guys. I'm still struggling with creating any scenes with vue. Importing max models composed of a large number of objects into vue is a mess, and I really haven't been able to contribute as much time to this lately as I want to.
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome!
  • The armor plating on the kodiak looks a bit weird because of the niches between the plates. But the other mech is pure awesomeness :thumb:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool Stuff.
    thank you

MWelter I was trying to make it look something like this:

t80.jpg
    messing around with some effects, have an idea for a scene
    77582.jpg
    really haven't had any time for 3d lately, but today couldn't help myself anymore, just wanted to play around. I have an image idea that I will start crawling towards at snails pace. Abandoned the old tank design in favour of something like this, didn't look futuristic enough. This soviet tank will use the same 185mm as on the soviet mech. A company(12) of these with experienced crews could easily surround and destroy a mech so they're not cannon fodder. Are the armour panels too much? They are rediculously large but I kind of like how they look
    80551.jpg
    mbt4.jpg 173.8K
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    a bit too large at my taste.
    but you could turn the same thickness into 3 layers. just draw the separation.
    dont forget more guns too :D
    and spot lights
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    I like the design for sure. Probably will re-work my own tank design, or build a new one using similar plating concept. However, there are a few suggestions.

1) make the sides of driver capsule inclined. Currently they seems to be 90 degrees. Probably, you should cover them with ERA too.
    2) Divide the surface of the ERA blocks into separate "hatches" for individual explosive modules. Somewhat like it was done on "Black Eagle" I think.
    3) Remove the ERA from the forward tracks. And reduce side blocks to show front of the tracks. If you cover them as it is now, the tank won`t be able to travel on any terrain other then straight road. And for a road, you won`t need the tracked chasis.
    4) Cannon and holding mechanism seems to be a placeholder? If not - barrel is too short for its caliber, and the whole support mechanism seems to be underdeveloped. No targeting sight of any kind also.
    5) The tank seems to be a single-seater. Isn`t it a bit too much of a workload for an operator?

And, probably you should use the same "blocky" design of ERA for mecha too? Looks really good in my opinion. The thickness could be explaned as anti-sabbot mechanism with divided explosive layers. It isn`t that heavy, just occupy a lot of space.
    L2K, not sure what you meant about the layers, definately going to have more stuff this is just an outline, I'm going to redo the armour, the more I look at it the more it almost seems like a caricature

Stonecold, your tank was awesome from what I remember.
    1). sorry, not too sure what you mean
    3). you're right
    4). yes, I changed my mind and am going to go with a smaller gun, probably in 150mm range
    5). sorry, it's missing a lot of stuff right now, remotely operated sights and such, they're probably going to be 2 seaters gunner/commander and driver

I've mostly been working on the scene, it's going to be........flashy, lol
    1). sorry, not too sure what you mean

Думаю, на родном будет проще объяснить. Такое ощущение, что капсула, в которой сидит водитель (на которой находится перископ) торчит под прямым углом из крыши танка и этот выступ нивелируется только толщиной активной брони. Не лучше ли сделать крышу покатой?

Sorry for all english - speakers, guess that would be to hard to explain in other then native language :)
    Didn't think this deserved a separate thread in the gallery. This was largely inspired by bbzwbbzw's Vir Inter Astrum thread.
    82893.jpg
    MACU.jpg 183.5K
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That looks really good Berkut :thumb: It would be even better if you could outline the specific parts that are being referenced to (gun barrells etc)
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    he has inspired a lot of people lol, good work anyway! going to do these sheets for all of your models?
    @somacruz, thank you. I thought about it first, but decided it would clutter the image a little too much, I already wasn't happy with the arrows going over the mech, but it couldn't be avoided.

@liam, yeah, heh, thanks. Quite possibly, yes.
    Not sure if I like "wireframe" parts, but looking very good, any way. In my case, I`d prefere to make "transparent" outer shell segments with fully modeled internals. Thou, it`s more time-consuming, I think... Can`t wait to see your other mechs and tanks in such cards :)
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771264 PNWPosts: 757Member
    I learned that technique in drafting class. I never understood why when designing a schematic, you're supposed leave the legs (or some other lower part) as a rough sketch or wireframe while the rest of the design is more detailed.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    .............it's back from the dead

a bit of work on the western gen 2 unit. I've also been playing around a bit with the idea of the gen 3 mech that I scrapped before (yeah I know last time anyone visited the thread was ages ago and nobody cares/remembers anymore, but still :) ). I need to rough out the feet and the head before I post it, but don't expect a gundam, it's.....unusual :)
    86326.jpg
    Looks like "Full Metal Panic" and "Patlabor" hybrid. Quite stylish at it.

And you are wrong about "nobody cares/remember".

"Никто не забыт, ничто не забыто!" (с)
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Me likey. This thread makes me think I need to do a battle suit supple book for traveller... Eventually.
    thanks for the support guys

here's the new gen prototype outline. It's still missing a "head" and I'm really not sure where to go with the "arms" yet, I will probably add a second smaller set lower than the two I have now and these will become heavy shoulder weapons, rail guns probably, but you can get the general idea
    86492.jpg
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Hmmm. That last mech looks alot like a game I was playing in its beta phase. Made with the Starsiege Tribes engine. The game featured mechs in combat between the USA and the newly recombined Soviet Russia. I want to say around 2090 timeframe or 2100. The mechs were all remotely piloted. It was called Dark Horizons (LORE). Very neat mech, Berkut.
    update...The small "wings" on the arms are to assist for additional manuverability while in the air and can double as shields if necessary
    88717.jpg