Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! Love the DoW2 music. What did you did you do all the animated glowy interface stuff with?
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    I have no idea how you do what you do.

I just wish I could do it too! 5 stars for 30 seconds of jaw droppage
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I just think you're a bit of a show off!!! ;)

No, seriously Excellent work Jas, as expected.....

How high do you plan of raising this bar? Its getting difficult to see with the naked eye and I'm even having trouble spotting it on the auspex...

Just remember, next time we expect, nay demand, something better!! :p
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    !

OUTSTANDING work there Jas ol' boy. Realy, realy, realy great.
  • jay-mojay-mo0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah , that was really cool. Well done.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    the detailing is just insane mate, holy Wan-kenobi...

Ok now put down the mouse, and move away from the mesh, and return to your cell...

'Medication time...'
  • ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
    Are these available for download anywhere?
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    Jas, you almost brought tears to my eyes! Your custom "tiger" build is truly jaw-dropping and inspiring. You continue to surpass yourself with each new model you post... keep up the brilliant work, my friend!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    That was amazing ! Reminds me a bit of the new Goldeneye on Wii presentation a lot - and I like it :thumb:
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry It's been a while guys to thank you all very much for the great feedback !, .. appreciate it friends,:thumb: .. Time seems to have flown by ... but I have been busy working on more 40K stuff, .. not quite ready to show yet, .... Though I do have a couple of update pics for the Thunderhawk Transporter, ... so hopefully you'll like those, ... This model is accurate to the Forgeworld miniature, ....

Currently working on the underbelly / recess areas of the Transporter to finalise the modelling stage, ... so more pics will be posted soon ...

Also developing an Intro sequence to be used for some planned 40K scenes later ... lot of work ahead for those, ... but will post the Intro sometime soon, ... Probably be refined over time while I work on actual scenes .... Will be interested to hear what you think of that ....

To answer some questions:

@Syklon: You have to buy the Binkerman Home Entertainment package that includes a Custom Keyboard, ... it has a key called Animated glowy stuff !

@Dannage: That makes two of us, .. I have no idea what I'm doing either :p ...

@UK-Blade: Don't worry mate, ... Telescopes will be handed out later, .. so you'll be able to see where I've placed the bar, ... then we can all head off over there for a Pint .. first round's on UK_Blade everyone !! :D

@Wiz: My medication is constant.. I'm plugged into a drip .... though I have to unplug now and again, (which explains my warped sense of humour) ... Getting hold of the Asylum Laptop is the tricky part, .... with other patients fighting for it like you, Verta, and some other SciFi Mesh Looneys roaming the wards, ...

Though Verta's in Isolation therapy (reason why you've not heard from him) for trying to sell his A-Z of R2 rendering Book .. by setting up a stand on the corner of the ward without permission, ... Plus avoiding the Orderlies, can make posting updates difficult ... and I'm getting sick of wearing white, ... Its just not my color ....

Also a belated congrats on the Bubs Paul ! hope he / she is doing well !!;)

@alpha_omega:

Thanks mate, .. better get a box of tissues ready for what's coming then ... :D

Cheers everyone !!:thumb:

Jas

HTBZiE.jpg Full Size Pic

QYUcyd.jpg Full Size Pic
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Turned out fantastic...always love your details
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Ewwww! That looks like crap and I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten-foot pole! :D

(now squeeze out the sarcasm, sprinkle with some antonyms and you've got what I mean ;))
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Meph wrote: »
    Ewwww! That looks like crap and I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten-foot pole! :D

(now squeeze out the sarcasm, sprinkle with some antonyms and you've got what I mean ;))

:lol:

Anywho, Jas, I've been meaning to ask about what your lighting set up is like. Your WIP shots are always well presented and they always look really well lit, especially the ones where there seems to be a low sunset but it only catches part of the model. Any tips/tricks or is it just the usual three-light set up with one low on the horizon?
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Hm, if I had to guess - physical sky with one maybe one key light in the second shot?

Anyways, awesome work!
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks matey, little Jack (that's a he ;)) is doing great :) and I can't wait to introduce him to 3D so he can carry on and eventually one day finish R2 for me :)

Ah the drip, blessed be the drip...

Anyhoo where's that big native American fella, I fancy getting out of here for a while as there is a football match on and that nurse is such a ratchet in the works :) (you see what I did there... ;))

And great work mate, turns out the madness is really working for you, fantastic! :)

Crap, Mike is coming with his book, gotta go...

;)
    Nice work Jas!!:)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    what??? .... what??? .... where is my Laptop? .... yessss Mike has it ... Mike Mike ... yesssss ...

I want the book ... yes ... yes...

hey ... great work, Jas. I like it very much

I need to find that Laptop .... haaarrrr ... Laptop .... Laptop :D
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    You guys should come to my asylum. Laptop in every room and free mango juice for everyone at 5pm every day.

Admission is Aï¿¡300 per month and you will spend much of your time clipping space marine parts from sprues...
    If you've got padded walls, I'm in! I just LOVE running around screaming with my eyes closed. :D
    Just :lol: ....
    A couple of update pics showing one of many set pieces being done for my 40K project, .. don't think I've shown any buildings / structures for my upcoming scenes yet ... will be starting to show some of the buildings being done as I finish off current vehicle models .... (pics Below)

@EBOLII:

Thanks mate !

@Meph:

Ward, ..How about I squeeze your Neck with my OJ gloves until you beg for forgiveness... and won't mention where the 10-foot pole will go :D

@ Armondikov:

Chris, I use two different renderers (Brazil & FRY) .... yep just 3 lights when using Brazil .... FRY is similar to Maxwell, in that it simulates accurate real world lighting .... so Ansel was close with his guess ...

@ Fractalsponge:

Cheers Ansel !

@ Wiz:

At least get the Blue Paint right before handing it over to Jack, ... as for Mike ... He's after me, once he found out I scanned his book (all 20,000 pages) .. I now have a 4 gig .PDF, if anyone's interested ? :runs:

@ Road Warrior:

Cheers Travis !

@ ChrisGFX:

oh no, Chris has broken free from his restraints again, ... still suffereing from Falcon Fever ..... NURSE !! ...

@ Dannage:

People pay for us to be IN Shady Acres ... we don't pay a cent, ... the general Public sleep better at night knowing we're all locked up ... but you can always bring in those Laptops !!:D ....

Thanks Everyone ! :thumb:

Jas

Those into Imperial Guard, might like this update, as I've done one of their Landing Platforms, .. also doing the Larger one too, ... The Valkyrie is being worked on, .. finishing off the Fuselage & Interior atm ....

Click on Links to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

tx8hdt.jpg Full Size Pic

jKLiKg.jpg Full Size pic
    Well, I'd love to play around with Maxwell or Fry but I don't think that will be happening any time soon. :p

Anyway, Valkyrie and landing pad look excellent, as always. It's good that you're working on buildings too. We often focus on "hero" models so much we forget to make something to put them in!
    Cool little landing platform Jas! Neat.
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    Great modelling there. It looks awsome.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Cool platform. You should rapid-prototype it at 40K scale, make some silicone moulds off it and sell some resin kits of it.
    DCB wrote: »
    Cool platform. You should rapid-prototype it at 40K scale, make some silicone moulds off it and sell some resin kits of it.

Yes, and then get a phone call from GW's lawyers going something like this:

"Run and hide, asshole. Run and hide. If you should be picked up next week buying a hundred-thousand dollar sports car in Newport Beach, I am going to be supremely disappointed. Because I want my people to find you, and when they do, rest assured we are not going to hand you over to the police. So my advice to you again is this: run and hide. That is all that I ask."
    Binkerman wrote: »

For some reason, I've only just noticed this model! It's great but I have one suggestion: 40K tanks never have their tracks exposed that much (maybe it's a rule of cool or a practicality thing with the modelling, I don't know) so to make it look like a proper Imperial Guard tank I'd add a skirt to the side of the tracks that comes down at least as far as the wheel axles. Other than that, the details are perfect and it wouldn't look out of place in a Forge World catalogue.
    Thanks guys for the feedback, appreciate it !! :thumb: ....

@ DCB:

Probably be slammed with a lawsuit, if I tried something like that .... plus my days working on physical models are long since past, ... I'm having too much fun in the digital realm .... and all this work will eventually make sense when it all comes together in sequences later :cool: ...

@ Armondikov:

I agree Chris, .... Some sort of wheel guard will be done for it prior to textures when I get back to it, .. so the Tiger will eventually show itself again down the track ... but that model's not a priority atm, and pretty much too busy with current work to bother with it right now, ..

There's a lot more 40K stuff to show yet :devil: ...

Jas
    A lot more stuff to show? Go on then, show, show. *poke*poke* :D
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Very nice work as usual Jas, Think im gonna have to post a project soon lol