Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    So you're going to go with a polished metal look?
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    so how do you all usually go about uv mapping your models? do you do atlas maps?

my problem with the maps I am making is that when I go to create "wear" along the edges / seams, I often run into "overlapped" edges, where the wear texture on the outer edge "bleeds" onto the inner edge.... if that makes sense.... :(
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding GK tac marines made and GK Terminators on the way? Awesome.
  • I love these models. If it would not be too much trouble could we maybe get some screen grabs of the wireframes for various pieces. I like to see and learn from other people and you my friend have skills.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    I doff my hat to you sir, outstanding work! :)
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey guys

Been away for a bit doing a couple of private jobs, ... so sorry for the lack of updates, .... I'm actually taking a short break from 40K, since it's a large project, and still have a lot of work to do before creating scenes & animation etc ... though won't be too long before I get back in 40K mode !! ...

So while I'm taking a break from this stuff, ... I'm planning to do something a little special, and something I've been wanting to do for a long time, .... Will be starting a new thread for that soon ...

I just wanted to say thanks very much for the support and feedback to my friends and fellow peers !! ... appreciate it guys !! :thumb:

Cheers !!

Jas
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Ooooo a non 40k project?! This should be interesting :D
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    How come I didn't see the knight earlier !? It looks absolutely awesome, even with the "outside hi.HDRI." :p The detail job is just fantastic. Looking forward to your new work as well !
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    :o A NON 40K project.....

HERESY!!!

The inquisition has been informed..... ;)

We've been missing out on your updates to your fantastic thread, but understand RL pressures.
    I've been so busy these last couple of months haven't be able to update my thread and its really frustrating......:mad:

Can't wait to see what you've in-store for us, sure it will be good.

Good luck with everything, we'll be watching (as always).

UK-Blade :thumb:
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    a non WH 40K project ... hmm hmm ... :)

must be a SW project ;)

Good to see you back! Can't wait for the new thread.

Chris
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I was wondering what had happened to this since my hiatus! Good to hear about what progress has, or indeed hasn't, been made regardless. Good luck with the new project.
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Good to see you back on here Jas. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Im new to the forum and very green at this 3-D 'malarky' lol, but I have to say your work is amazing. I havent seen anything like it before. I used to work for G.W., having only recently left and am a huge fan. This work is phenomenal and i was taken aback when I saw it.

I have been looking around online for meshes and the like related to 40k and had nearly given up all hope. Having recently just got Bryce 7 I am trying to get to grip with 3-D as I was previously an artist in the traditional sense. May I ask which programs, software and the like you used to create your works?
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    S'okay boys, I got this one.

Welcome WayneA. Unfortunately your first post has been what we call a necro (okay you're new to this forum but maybe not to forums in general so I'll stop being so patronising, heh heh) and as such, forum-decorum recommends this sort of question asked by means of selecting the authors name on the left and selecting to PM them. Popular threads such as this one here generate a great amount of ooooo-yeeeaaahhh-ahh-crap... when we find em necro'd. Wordage explained, hopefully we'll miss out on all the snarley "don't necro" responses, and the thread can rest in peace... until I force Jas to either continue his work here or surrender his computer to me... and maybe right arm.
    I saw my 40K thread pop up, ... So I had a dig around and picked out a couple of Valkyrie renders that I didn't post back in April 2010, (yeah its been that long) ... was holding them back until I completed the Cockpit Interior, but had to stop due to other work ... and now soon to return back to 40K, so thought I'd post them anyway, just one last look at the Valk before it gets transformed into looking the biz, ready for action !! ...

This year, I'm wanting to finish off some of the Vehicles I've built, then getting them textured and ready for scenes, .... The Valkyrie will be first, and will look quite a bit different once it has the cockpit finished, along with Pilots, and a decent paint job done, ....

Will be getting back to 40K in-between working on my Harryhausen characters, ... moving between Hard surface & organic modelling keeps things varied for me, which I like, and at the same time not losing sight of completing both projects ...

@ WayneA:

Welcome to SciFi Meshes ! ... and thanks for the kind words, .. interested to know what you did at GW ? ... You'll find plenty of talent here, ... and quite a few 40K'ers lurking in the shadows ... I mainly use 3D Studio MAX & ZBrush for Modelling .... I've never used Bryce, but modelling principles are generally the same whatever you chose to use, and what you feel most comfortable with ... so all the best launching into 3D Modelling, there's no shortage of inspiration on this Forum with most members being friendly and will offer advice when you start a thread of your own ....

Thanks to Dannage for not Barbequing our new member with the standard Flame Thrower for Necro posts :p ... Nicely done !! :thumb:

As mentioned, both these pics were intended for showing the completed cockpit, and will be updated once the interior is done & pilots are in ...

Jas

*EDIT* Valkyrie Close-ups Removed .. Decided to wait until model is complete for those
    YAY... Okay, I was going to try my hand at a Valkyrie for my Leviathan but yours is ridiculously better than I could ever achieve. I therefore make three demands of you.

1. You must make a camo scheme which is middle grey, with very dark grey blobby somewhat angular bits, then light grey angley bits with some little white dags, and all the aquilas must be regal blue.. along with pilot helmets.

2. You must either give me the model or make it available to me, so that I may ooo and ahhh and coo and then never render because my machine probably isn't powerful enough.

3. You absolutely must come to my workshop, we must measure the components for the Leviathan and then you must build that. This will make a bespoke and awesome design (trumpet blowing eh!) and add it to your garage, and it will also be a smeg load better than what I was going to do.

.... Meet these demands now or I eat a puppy.
    Beautiful renders Jas. Now get back to work on that model ;) if you finish it, I promise to get back to my Sentinel :p
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Wowser! All me wants is a chance to include this beauty into my fleet. Keep up the good work and stay well.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Oooh, nice work. Could you for me, add turrets behind the hatch cover, to provide fire support, for the jarheads?
    Maybe multi purpose Air/Surface missiles
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Lovely! :)
    Cheers Guys !! :thumb: ... I've got some decent stuff planned this year ... so hopefully you'll enjoy the updates !

@ Dannage:

lol ... and no puppy eating ....

@Lee80

Not far off finishing the Valk modelling, ... but the textures will really bring that one to life ... better dig out your Sentinel Lee, would be nice to see some of the 40K gang kick-start their model work this year ....

@Fre'dni:

Will be keeping the Valkyrie pretty much faithful to the Forgeworld version .... as it's usually a Troop transport, ... The Vulture on the other hand (which is on the cards to be done) is the one with all the weapons, since it's the Gunship of the Valkyrie style flyers ....

New Vehicle - CUSTOM BUILD

This is a surplus model from a job - June / July 2010, that I've had kicking about, and decided to include it into my 40K project, .. plus thought you guys would like to take a look ... Most things in 40K are based from real world vehicles, mixed with advanced technology such as weapon systems etc, ... The base structure is a German Tiger Tank, but fitted with 40K tech ...

Haven't decided exactly where it will appear in scenes yet, since this one leans more toward Imperial Guard, ... It's included into this thread as a WIP, since it still needs to be textured .. This model's not a priority, as the main vehicles featured will be Thunderhawks, Land Raiders, Valkyrie etc, which will be completed with Textures before this one ....

Jas

NOTE: The Tank will have some sort of 40K style guard for the wheels later ..

Click on Links to view Full Size

VZfAP4.jpg Full Size Pic

YjbdHz.jpg Full Size Pic

HEgoSP.jpg Full Size Pic
  • Sly AssassinSly Assassin0 Posts: 0Member
    Very sweet work once again, but then we'd expect it from ya :)

Love how you've taken the Tiger (One of my fav tanks) and 40k'd it! Brillant!
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, nice retrofit there. I think a few of those could be useful as support units around a certain super heavy cameo appearance.
    Remind me why you -don't- work for forgeworld?
    I love that Tank! I want one... and I will be pulling out the Sentinel soon :)
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Very cool, Binkerman, very cool :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Sweet! A 40k Tiger. Nice work Jas. Nice work indeed.
    Thanks very much guys, glad you like it ! :thumb:

Something else I found while going through my 40K files ... was just something I was having a bit of fun experimenting with, .... but the actual sequences I've got planned are nothing to do with this, .... anyway this was something that you might like to see while I'm getting updates sorted for the actual models, .... The Thunderhawk Transporter & Valkyrie are the main focus of being completed along with paintjobs ....

Clip Info:

Original Hi Res version is way too big to post .... but this compressed version is good enough to get into the swing of it .... I kept the screen size large enough to read stuff, but future animation sequences will be shown at better quality, ....

Jas

40K Vehicle Promo Clip (experimenting)

DOWNLOAD LINK

Format: .AVI File works fine with the standard Windows Media Player (just double click it)

File size: 24mb

Duration: 51 secs

Sound: Yes (crank it up)

View size: 960 x 540
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy f**k. Epic.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    WOW! awesome!