Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Excellent work Jas.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks very much guys :thumb: !! ...

@ Armondikov:

I guess everyone has their way, ... It took longer to explain than actually do ...

Thought I'd update the Comparison pic with the real Forgeworld model, .. just to show its current build with what's been done so far, ... before the alcohol kicks in :D ...

Something to mention about the Comparison Ref, is that the Forgeworld version is jacked up at a slight angle from the rear Landing gear, ... something that's not that noticeable until you go to model it ... So the Ground clearance on mine is a tad lower at the back atm, ... as I want to keep the thing level for modelling purposes, until complete, then can rig the landing gear later so when it deploys and the craft lands , will have it resting at the same angle ...

Also the surface detail on either side of the Transporter is slightly different, so the comparison pic may look like I've missed certain details, ... but I haven't, .. I just wanted them nose to nose for the shot ....

2/3 of the fuselage remains just the basic blocked out model, ... and the Wings are just blocked out too for now .... Waited to do these last as the Fuselage, engines & wings all marry together ... So after the Xmas break, .... will be focusing on sorting the Fuselage first, which has a fair bit to do because of the underbelly area, .....

Once all major parts are done, ... will be going over the whole model for any small refinements needed ....

Edging closer to finishing this one ... The Valkyrie obviously won't make an appearance until 2010 ....

Cheers & have a Great Christmas / New Year everyone :cool: !!

Jas

*EDIT* Updated Pic >> Post #518
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    As we've come to expect.... good stuff man, good stuff!

Have a good one!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    this is great stuff for sure!

Happy Holidays!

Chris :)
    Fantastic! Fantastic.
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    hey happy holidays mate, and the digital version definitely looks better than the physical model :)
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Are you sure they aren't both physical models? :D
    Cheers Guys !! ... First one for the New Year .... Just screwing around with lights, ... No additional modelling done ... Haven't got back to working on it just yet ... but here's a new view of the Transporter while I was experimenting ...

Jas

*EDIT Thunderhawk Transporter Updated Post #611
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    very nice work Jas, It looks like a photo
    Oh man! Excellent.
    Thanks Guys ! ... I was just toying with ideas for lighting, ... but will obviously look better when modelling is done, and still looks a bit dull without its paint job, .... I've already done a few tests with the Grey Knight markings, but want to show that on the completed model ....

I think this Black & White version (below) sells the model better prior to the paint scheme ....

Jas

*EDIT* Updated B&W Render - Post #498
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Thats Brutal
    Thanks mate ! .... Updated it with one last touch of subtle ground fog to blend the backplate with the ground plane ... Didn't want to spend too much time on this pic, as the model is still only WIP, but gives me ideas when I get to doing final renders of the Transporter later ...

Jas
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Meh, that looks like crap...

...NOT!!!

Muhahahaaa scared'ya didn't I?:D
  • kindrakindra171 Posts: 0Member
    @ jas Don't think i've been on this site b4, because ive not seen any of your work for years not since you did the ATAT and the dwarf spider droid back in 2004, then saw your revolations interior in 06. I saved your pics for referance because they were awesome and reading through this thread you just got better, you got a gift m8.
    I still cant get nowhere near as good a renders as you, i tried the tip on omni lights ect but there nowhere near as good as yours.
    Awesome back then and stuning now... bravo :)
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    She's a beauty, you could call that done now almost mate, looking good!
    I was going to wait until the Transporter was textured to show the paint scheme, ... but have a bit more modelling to do yet, .... So the pic below is a Preview of the intended look, ... I did this a little while ago to give me a visual on how the paint job will look for the Transporter & Land Raider .... since there is no reference that exists for a Grey Knight version of the Transporter, .. the Paint job will be based off the Grey Knight Gunship seen in the Imperial Armour Book ...

@ Meph:

I know your expectations are high ... so I'll settle for Crap :p

@ Kindra:

Hi Dave, and welcome to SciFi-Meshes ... Thanks very much for the kind words mate :thumb:, ... I got your PM, .. i'll reply soon, Cheers !! ...

@ Wiz:

Still a way to go mate, .... The underbelly / recess detail still to do, ... Plus the wings haven't even been touched yet, ... just basic block shape from the initial block model are in-place atm when I first roughed out the whole thing, ... Will look a lot better once the wings are done ... Fuselage has a fair bit to do aswell .... btw got your PM .. Thanks :D

Jas

40kthtransporterwipgkpag.th.jpg
    Jas the Grey Knight paint scheme is gonna rock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Really nice model. Btw I heard rumor about plastic TH Gunship. But question is, isnA’t it only rumor?
  • ShonnerShonner359 Posts: 83Member
    Can't wait to see it textured.
  • DalekHunterDalekHunter331 Posts: 9Member
    Awesome model as all your others are i cant wait to see the scen you are working on have you dont any animation for it or are you waiting until you have all the models done?

@Tom Grays there have been rumors about the pastic Thunder Haw for years as well as a plastic warhound i hope they dont make on because every gaming table will have one
    After tracking down my 40K Vehicles thread (none of the old links worked) ... I finally found it !! ... lol ... Just a couple of different angles of the Land Raider for something to post (few tweaks done) .... Moved House recently so no updates on the Transporter yet, ...

Think I prefer the old look of SciFi Meshes, was warm and welcoming and colour scheme was great ... work under the Hood to make it run sweet, but please don't lose the paint job !!!!! Only my 2c :p

@ DalekHunter:

Haven't done any animation yet, ... but have got a few scenes worked out ... Will be using block models for Animatics to test scenes & camera angles before using the detailed stuff .... I'm fine tuning the scenes and coming up with more ideas as I work on the main models ...

Cheers !

Jas

*EDIT* Land Raider WIP 023 Updated >> Post #418
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    From what i can see it looks awesome, but the thumbnail link only links to the thumbnail for some reason.
    It works in Edit Mode .. But once posted, the thumb only links to the thumb ?... So worked around it for now, but adding a link through Text ... Thanks for the Heads-Up Salsa :thumb:

Jas
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    The new Forum has its "things" ... I think they will fix it asap :)

Jas : great update!
    Binkerman wrote: »
    It works in Edit Mode .. But once posted, the thumb only links to the thumb ?... So worked around it for now, but adding a link through Text ... Thanks for the Heads-Up Salsa :thumb:

Jas
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Sweet Work on the Land raider Jas!
    Jas, thats just awesome bro.
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    Ok much better.
    And it is looking awesome.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Binkerman wrote: »

Jas

There's aproblem with the previous images as well.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Apart from the small hiccup with how the forum displays it, that last image looks awesome. I am still bowing to your greatness!!

Anyway, I was wondering if you'd seen the latest on the Ultramarines movie and if you thought your marine was of better quality? The vids I've seen look good, but I'm not sure about ZBrush style stuff that they're doing, so it may not live up to the stills that you've been doing here.