Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Mk2? Why not go even older? :p
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Ha Ha :D ... I don't really like the very early design of the Land Raider (MK1 I think that is ?) Games Workshop definitely nailed it with the new design with the MK II onwards, .... The two Land Raiders I'm doing are acceptable to be seen together for the upcoming scene / Animation later ....

Jas
    Inquisitorial Badge done for the upper front Door / Hatch .... along with adjusting the Front Head Light casing & lights, (lights were sticking out a tad too much before) ... I'll update these renders again when Ive done the rest of the front detail ....

Jas

*EDIT* Pics updated >> Post #279
    Lovin' the badge. I assume you're going to be putting that through Zbrush and putting a normal on it?
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Crisp mate, crisp...
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    wonderful work Jas
    Cheers Guys :thumb: !!

I tweaked the wings on that Inquisitor Badge a bit more .. So the pics have been re-posted (Post #274), ...

@ Armondikov:

Yeah will be putting a detail map onto the Badge much like I did with the Blood Angel Badge for the Marine .... The Feathers & Leaf detail will be more defined once its mapped ...

Jas
    Most of the front detail is now done, ... Just got to do the exterior part of the front door ... Then moving to the central top section, which I've already blocked out .... So it won't be long before that's completed, ....

I've also included some background info on the Prometheus for those who like to read a bit about it, and explains why it differs from other Land Raiders ...

Jas

Pq141Qfi.jpg aV14MQai.jpg aV14OuWi.jpg

LAND RAIDER - PROMETHEUS Info:

The Land Raider Prometheus is a variant of the standard Land Raider, used by Space Marine Force Commanders as a battlefield command vehicle due to its additional sensor and communications equipment. The main difference between the standard Land Raider and the Prometheus is its weaponry. This vehicle is designed for front-line combat and has quad-mounted heavy bolters in each sponson replacing the Land Raiders lascannons. These heavy bolters provide a storm of fire, to cut swathes through enemy infantry and light vehicles.

It is standard practice that all Prometheus are armed with a pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, for anti-infantry defence, acting as a stand-in for the hull mounted heavy Bolters, which are removed to make space for the extensive communications and sensor equipment. All Land Raiders contain a tactical holosphere and squad status displays, but the Prometheus augments this with a long-range signals booster for squad-to-squad, Ground-to-Air, and Ground-to-Orbit comm-links.

The Prometheus can also act as a strike force command and control hub which utilises secure multi-band communications for co-ordination with allied forces, and the transmission equipment, for intercepting and de-crypting enemy signals. It also incorporates a Multi-spectral ground surveillance auspex for locating and tracking enemy forces, ... This information can then be forwarded to all other Imperial Forces ...

-
    I suppose I've already mentioned how I love your style, getting everything so smooth like that. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the hi-res stuff later!
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work Binkerman, the sensor equipment and heraldry are really great. Can't wait to see the MK II Raider. I prefer the heavy sponson casings and exposed bolter mounts of the II over the standard one.

In the grim future of the WARHAMMER 40K Vehicles thread is there a chance of a GK MK IV Dreadnought?
    Pretty slick mate, pretty slick.
    Thanks Guys :thumb: !!
    StarSlayer wrote: »
    In the grim future of the WARHAMMER 40K Vehicles thread is there a chance of a GK MK IV Dreadnought?

A Dreadnought is possible later, but not planned just yet .... After the Land Raider MK II, ... I'll be doing the Thunderhawk Transporter ..... There's so many cool models to do in 40K that I've made a list of other stuff that's not appearing in the first scene that I'm working on ....

What I'd be interested in hearing is what the majority of the 40K mob would like to see built ? .... That means ANYTHING to do with 40K ... just curious, ....

Jas
    *Coughs*

An Eldar Phantom titan.... I'm sure you could make it jaw-droppingly gobsmacking!

Another example of a physical model.
    Definitely Titans and definitely more Eldar.
    OK, Thanks guys, .. was just curious ...

A couple of shots further from camera to get a better view of how its taking shape ... Various adjustments here and there, along with doing one of the top hatches, and included an official Land Raider add-on .. i.e the Radar Dish, .... Since the Prometheus is orientated in Comm & Scanning equipment, I thought it should have one ....

Working on the top atm, so will have that finished over the weekend ... May also do the Storm Bolter to complete the top, .. Then start on the Engine / Rear detail .... Will update these two pics again soon ...

Jas

*EDIT* Pics updated Post #291
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Hm, I would second that awesome chaplain dreadnought, and add the Valkyrie.

Excellent work as usual.
    Compositing in that wireframe is quite cool and quite useful to look at too.
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    I would like to see the Brass Scorpion from Forgeworld done myself.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Officially impressed.
    More done to the top, ... Just working on finishing the Gunner Turret with Storm Bolter, ... but wanted to post an update for the weekend, so here it is so far ....

@ Fractalsponge:

Cheers Ansel !!, .. Yeah the Valkyrie is cool, .. I've got that on my list :cool: ...

@ Armondikov:

I'll show some wires later when its done ....

@ Kadaeux:

You have to wonder why the Brass Scorpion wasn't exclusive to the Red Scorpion Chapter ?, ... Would have made more sense, ... But looks like it's part of Chaos .... either way, .. would be fun to do and animate .... Reminds me of the Giant Scorpions in Clash of the Titans (love the Ray Harryhaussen Movies) .....

@ Tovette:

Thanks mate !! ... Nice Avatar :thumb:

Jas

aV1Q6AK0.jpg Pq1P9Y7r.jpg
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    The Promie is looking amazing. Are you planning on tackling the exhaust or sponsons next?
    Speaking of things to do in 40K (and I'd also second the Brass Scorpion but I'm 50/50 on whether I like the ForgeWorld version), I spotted this on DeviantART and noticed the flyers (check out the rest of his stuff while there for some good Templar images). While the description says they're Thunderhawks, they're not quite right but they do give me a good idea for something that's much larger than a Thunderhawk, perhaps the Stormbirds mentioned in the Horus Heresy series. Basically, imagine something like a Thunderhawk, but with a wide tail and the front end closer to the prows of the big Imperial ships.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Something along these lines perhaps - Work In Progress -> Chaos Stormbird Project
    Possibly, but larger I think. I know it's probably double-decked throughout the entire length but I think they're supposed to be slightly sleeker... I don't know, NO-ONE knows what they look like!!

EDIT: Found thes, which presents interesting ideas (hope you don't mind me temporarily hi-jacking a post with what are essentially bookmarks bookmarks).

This, which is OLD but has some interesting ideas.
    The aircraft used during the Great Crusade just before the Horus Heresy and the introduction of the Thunderhawk. They are void capable as well as capable of atmospheric flight. The actual pattern type is Warhawk VI. They played a similar role as the Thunderhawk Gunship today, and it had many weapons for a supporting troops while deploying from the front hatch. They were manufactured on Terra by the Yndonesic Bloc for use against the Panpacific tribes during the Unification Wars. Their wings can be folded or collapsed in some manner.
    They described as bulkier than the Thunderhawk and less-agile. However, the Stormbird can carry up to the equivalent of a modern space marine company, between 60 and 100 marines. It is also described as having missiles slung under both wings and a cannon mounted on the nose. Stormbirds are piloted by two marines sitting back to back along with two hard wired servitors. It is not known the actual shape or look of a Stormbird, yet early drawings of the Thunderhawk show organic, large, and VTOL Imperial craft dropping marines on a target.
    The original Space Marine drop transport, the Stormbird was phased out of service with the Marines in the years leading up to Horus' great betrayal due to various tactical considerations surrounding having sixty of the Emperor's finest warriors in one relatively fragile transport and the maximum speed with which they could all disembark once on the surface. Though the Thunderhawk superseded the Stormbird in the role of combat drop ship, the Stormbird still excels to this day as an armoured orbital transport for the more numerous forces of the Imperial Guard and Adepta Sororitas, who are seldom expected to deploy directly into combat as the Space Marines are.
    In addition to this, the Ecclesiarchy considers the flared "wings of fire" effect created by landing the vehicle using the wing pinion thrusters (a design broadly similar to that of the Aquilla shuttle) to have broadly favourable psychological effects on the non-Imperial cultures they are frequently sent to convert to worship of the Emperor, making the Stormbird the ideal first contact transport for Ministorum representatives.

So, perhaps enough to get thinking of a design?
    @ StarSlayer:

Thanks !, ... I'm wanting to complete the main structure first, ... Once I've sorted the Gunner turret, I'll be doing the Engine / Rear, ... Then finish off the sides, .. There's a few details yet to be done, as well as the vehicle's LEFT side door, which is different from the Right ...

Even though it's cool to see some weapons, ... I'm leaving the Sponsons till last, .... I know you're keen to see the MK 2, ... I'm just taking things a bit slower for the first Land Raider, .... as once the Prometheus is done, I can move quite swiftly doing other versions with the main structure sorted, ... So the MK 2 will appear soon after this one, .. though I won't be showing any WIP for the MK 2 Land Raider, ... Will just do the conversion and post a few pics from different angles, ... and some with the Prom & MK 2 together for a few shots ....

I've started prepping for the Thunderhawk Transporter, ... Gathered all my Refs and ready to go with that, ....

@ Armondikov:

Yeah, nice piece of Art with that Templar Dreadnought, ... Id like to see you finish your Thunderhawk, .... and maybe you could follow with a Stormbird if that's grabbing your interest, ....

Jas
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Seems you've made the header.
    There's going to be a Gunner for the Prometheus, ... and thought I'd post a pic of the Gunner's Helmet ...

@ DCB:

Cheers for letting me know ... That's a nice surprise :cool: !!

@ Tovette:

Thanks again mate, I didn't realise about the Header until DCB mentioned it, .. Much appreciated !! :thumb:

Jas

aV1_CYU0.jpg
  • <:K.I.S:><:K.I.S:>0 Posts: 0Member
    I dont know how i havge missed this great work truely amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    most excellent. good detail and texturing. looks "lived in" -- now if it only had some scorch marks, from say, atmospheric entry and maybe some plasma fire....
    Ow dude, that eye lenz is frickin' gorgeous! :O